Confirmed with Link: Jets sign T.J Galiardi [1 year, 2 way, 750,000]

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
What do the advanced stats look like on this guy? I'm hoping two way

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
It's a 2 way contract. Why do we keep signing these scrubs I've never heard of??

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
At least it is a new face. Better than signing the other scrubs.

Also it is an upgrade over Wright, so pretty much guaranteed we won't see Wright again.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
at first glance it looks like he's gotten even zone starts, played against weak competition, and done ok. If i'm not mistaken he's better then Hali and thorbs by the look of it, though i could be wrong there

I'm not great at reading these quickly but I think that's the jist of it.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It's a 2 way contract. Why do we keep signing these scrubs I've never heard of??

Seriously? Galiardi is a quality depth player. Huge improvement on guys like Peluso, Thorburn, Halischuk. He scored 39pts in his rookie year in Colorado a couple of years ago. Had a positive rel Corsi last year on Calgary. This is a quality signing, gives O'Dell real competition for the last top 9 spot.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I like it. Good fill on the 3rd line LW. But yeah, HUGE improvement over who we would of had in that slot if the season started tomorrow.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Him Slater and Odell would make a great 4th line if we could add one more top 9 guy. Cant believe it's two-way, looks like Peluso and Hali will be sent down to start the year.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Seriously? Galiardi is a quality depth player. Huge improvement on guys like Peluso, Thorburn, Halischuk. He scored 39pts in his rookie year in Colorado a couple of years ago. Had a positive rel Corsi last year on Calgary. This is a quality signing, gives O'Dell real competition for the last top 9 spot.

Guess I have higher expectations.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I like it. Good fill on the 3rd line LW. But yeah, HUGE improvement over who we would of had in that slot if the season started tomorrow.

Well I disagree on that. Him and O'Dell is pretty comparable, IMO. It'll be a TC battle between the two. Also think it's RW spot beside Perrault and Kane that's the open spot right now.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm actually excited to have T.J. on our team. Hope he finds his stride in WPG. He could be a solid middle six forward, but most likely just a depth player.

seasontixholder*

So the Jets are taking Calgary's throw aways? True North still thinks they are Moose.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
It's nice to see the bottom 6 being strengthened. Can't complain about a cheap 2 way deal either. I could see a lineup of:

LLF
KSW
Galiardi-Perrault-Buff
Tangradi/O'Dell-Slater-Thorburn/O'Dell

Personally I would prefer Tangradi and O'Dell ahead of Thorbs but I think Tangradi would be the one to miss out.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Well I disagree on that. Him and O'Dell is pretty comparable, IMO. It'll be a TC battle between the two. Also think it's RW spot beside Perrault and Kane that's the open spot right now.

My bad, forgot about O'Dell. But this gives us solid LW options on both the 3rd and 4th lines now. I'd say it will be Galiardi on the 3rd, and O'Dell on the 4th though.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Wow. Thank you for giving me a little faith back, Chevy. Dude is a decent bottom 6 player who is better than 4 of our other signed players there. I'm fully on board with this one.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Wow. Thank you for giving me a little faith back, Chevy. Dude is a decent bottom 6 player who is better than 4 of our other signed players there. I'm fully on board with this one.

This. If we sign one more quality top 9 player and this guy ends up on the 4th with Slater and O'Dell, like someone already said, we have a legit forward corp this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad