Confirmed with Link: Jets Sign Quinton Howden (1yr 2 way $650k AAV)

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Not if you're comparing career performance:

Burmi was a bit of a trainwreck last season, but he's still better than Howden by a fair margin.[/QUOTE]

When you see Burmistrov putting up better numbers than Bergeron and still having a 102% chance of being a second liner, and a 118% chance of being a third liner, you know that it's just a glitch.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Those stats for Burmistrov look way off. Ghost in the machine.

When you see Burmistrov putting up better numbers than Bergeron and still having a 102% chance of being a second liner, and a 118% chance of being a third liner, you know that it's just a glitch.

I knew something looked off. It looks like the charts glitch out when you choose (All) for latest season.

spades0faces

Jun 19, 2013
ahhh cant believe one of my highschool friends is going to be playing for the Jets/Moose! its been awhile since ive seen quinton, will have to send him a text to see when hes making the move back so we can celebrate.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
I think the roster will start like this Burmi will be moved.
Ehlers/Scheif/Wheeler
Laine/Little/Stafford
Perreault/Matthias/Armia
Howden/Lowry/Thorburn
Definitely a good mix of size,speed and skill should be interesting to see how they mesh

He really beats out Connor, Petan, Dano, Copp and Lemieux?

I think it's pretty unlikely that he ever sees the NHL roster.

Last edited:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

some people have this weird fantasy that Connor will spend the year with the Moose.
not sure what special cookies they're eating...but i sure wish they'd share

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He's actually a decent PKer from what I remember. Maybe this is the Jets way of fixing our PK by adding Matthias and Howden. Our PP should fix itself adding Laine and Connor.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Going to miss this guy :( Rather had kept him over McKegg/Wilson types.

He is 3rd or 4th liner at worst in the NHL (he's not top six guy). One of the most underrated speed guys in the league today. Ceiling <<would be around 12-15 goals , PK1 guy (2-4 SHG a season).

Some inside Florida organization worry about concussion issues. He was one of the FEW players who ended up in Gallant's doghouse a few times. Florida fans do not really know why outside of NYI/Fla regular season game where he turned over the puck that resulted in GWG I believe.

Have fun with him.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
some people have this weird fantasy that Connor will spend the year with the Moose.
not sure what special cookies they're eating...but i sure wish they'd share

Connor may need some sheltering, its truly impossible to know until they lace up the skates in the fall. I like the idea of the young guys ripping up the AHL for awhile and gain some of that precious confidence in their offensive ability. It appears to be the plan for Petan and Maurice even mentioned that Schief would have benefited from time in the AHL.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
How I see it...

Guaranteed roster spots:
Wheeler
Scheif
Little
Ehlers
Laine
Perreault
Stafford
Connor
Lowry
Matthias
Burmistrov
Armia
(That's 12, so maybe 1-2 spots open for...)

Could steal a spot with a good camp:
Dano
Petan
Howden
Copp

What in hell do we do with:
Thorburn
Peluso

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Hey guys,

Just wanted to congratulate you on getting howden. Ive been very high on him since his draft, and I remember going to see a few pre season games 14-15 when he played, and he was by far the best player on the roster due to his speed. He can create a scoring chance out of nothing thanks to it, however he needs someone to skate away with him because he doesnt seem able to put it in the net himself...

I hope he sticks with the big club for you!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I just can't really see the roster spot for him on the Jets - not with having signed Mathias as well.

Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
Perrault - Little - Ehlers
Armia/Matthias/Connor - Burmi/Lowry/Matthias - Stafford/Armia
Connor/Matthias - Howden/Copp/Matthias - Dano

You'd think Armia, Dano, Burmi, Lowry all are above him in the charts. Copp maybe on par. I'm not saying they are better or evaluating who is but just from intern depth charts. There is no reason to just kind of give up on Copp, Lowry, Burmi and send them to the Moose or trade them away for Howden.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I'd be really upset it Dano is not on the opening day roster.
If only we had this type of competition a D!
Here's a terrible thought... Maybe it isn't that there have been no good FA left handed D available or no good trades available, maybe it's the fact that Chevy and Maurice don't think they need one?

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
I'd be really upset it Dano is not on the opening day roster.
If only we had this type of competition a D!
Here's a terrible thought... Maybe it isn't that there have been no good FA left handed D available or no good trades available, maybe it's the fact that Chevy and Maurice don't think they need one?

Maybe the thought is that Morrissey is ready to take the jump.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I just can't really see the roster spot for him on the Jets - not with having signed Mathias as well.

Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
Perrault - Little - Ehlers
Armia/Matthias/Connor - Burmi/Lowry/Matthias - Stafford/Armia
Connor/Matthias - Howden/Copp/Matthias - Dano

You'd think Armia, Dano, Burmi, Lowry all are above him in the charts. Copp maybe on par. I'm not saying they are better or evaluating who is but just from intern depth charts. There is no reason to just kind of give up on Copp, Lowry, Burmi and send them to the Moose or trade them away for Howden.

My guess is that Howden and Matthias, both known as good PKers, were brought in to mostly play 4th line and PK.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Laine - Little - Stafford
Connor - Perreault - Armia
Lowry - Howden/Matthias - Matthias/Howden
Thorburn, Peluso

Which likely means that both Copp, Dano and Petan all start the season with the Moose and are injury call-ups.
Burmi or Stafford are kind of odd men out at this point. One of them needs to go. My Money is on Burmi.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011

This year yes he does majority of the guys u listed we do not want playing 8 mins a game on the 4th line and they are also not PK guys.Howden gets pretty much a last chance to be a NHLer and the young guys start in the AHL for some to round out their game and others to be introduced to the pros properly. show me another team that is going to start with 3 fwd rookies and 3 second year players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad