Confirmed with Link: Jets Sign Quinton Howden (1yr 2 way $650k AAV)

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I remember when this guy was the most highly-touted player in all of Western Canada. Watched him play a few times with Eastman Selects and then with Moose Jaw. Basically forgot about him altogether after he was drafted.

Scouting report seems to be:

-speed demon
-works hard
-injury prone
-poor finishing skills
-below average defensively

Another Hustlechuk?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I remember when this guy was the most highly-touted player in all of Western Canada. Watched him play a few times with Eastman Selects and Moose Jaw, then basically forgot about him altogether.

-speed demon
-works hard
-injury prone
-poor finishing skills

Another Hustlechuk?

Was thinking the same thing. Saw he wasn't being qualified and thought how strange... Thought maybe he'd try sign with the Bolts to be with his bro. I saw he made a tweet about their situation being interesting on being on both Florida teams... spoke too soon I guess.

Hopefully he can be bring some nice depth for us.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I remember when this guy was the most highly-touted player in all of Western Canada. Watched him play a few times with Eastman Selects and then with Moose Jaw. Basically forgot about him altogether after he was drafted.

-speed demon
-works hard
-injury prone
-poor finishing skills

Another Hustlechuk?

Hustlechuk is always moving, but he's not a speed demon, IMO.

Don't mind this as a depth signing, either for the Jets or for the Moose.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Like this for the Moose. Really, if we're gonna sign depth guys/Vets for the Moose we could do alot worse than a local guy who can skate. Like all those vet bums on the Moose last year :sarcasm:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Hustlechuk is always moving, but he's not a speed demon, IMO.

Don't mind this as a depth signing, either for the Jets or for the Moose.

True enough. Meant more in terms of caliber than stylistically.

Every Panthers fan mentioned Howden's speed, that he was one of the fastest players on their roster. A few of them mentioned PK ability, but it seems as though he's been barely used as an NHL PKer.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
True enough. Meant more in terms of caliber than stylistically.

Every Panthers fan mentioned Howden's speed, that he was one of the fastest players on their roster. A few of them mentioned PK ability, but it seems as though he's been barely used as an NHL PKer.

Gotcha - yeah, a bit like Hustlechuk then. NHL/AHL tweener with some talents, but not enough to stick?

With Tanev signed late last year, and now Howden, that's a fair amount of speed potentially available to the NHL or AHL rosters. Would be nice if these guys could contribute to one of the special teams - hate it when you've got 4th line lugs that do nothing but warm the bench for all but 8m of the game.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This one has me a little excited. Kid was great for the Warriors. Got to see a lot of him. He is a PK monster. Or at least used to be. And versatile enough to play either wing or C. Hasn't really played a full season with the Panthers by the looks of it. I'd be inclined to give him a shot on the fourth.

Lowry- Matthias - Howden could be a solid 4th line.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
This one has me a little excited. Kid was great for the Warriors. Got to see a lot of him. He is a PK monster. Or at least used to be. And versatile enough to play either wing or C. Hasn't really played a full season with the Panthers by the looks of it. I'd be inclined to give him a shot on the fourth.

Lowry- Matthias - Howden could be a solid 4th line.

I think the roster will start like this Burmi will be moved.
Ehlers/Scheif/Wheeler
Laine/Little/Stafford
Perreault/Matthias/Armia
Howden/Lowry/Thorburn
Definitely a good mix of size,speed and skill should be interesting to see how they mesh

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
If you compare Howden to Burmistrov - performance wise, Howden wins hands down.

http://ownthepuck.blogspot.ca/

Not if you're comparing career performance:

vPmrXkD.png

Burmi was a bit of a trainwreck last season, but he's still better than Howden by a fair margin.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Not if you're comparing career performance:

vPmrXkD.png

Burmi was a bit of a trainwreck last season, but he's still better than Howden by a fair margin.

To be fair a lot of Burmi's best years were with shot generation machine E.Kane when he was actually scoring.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
He's so fast. Like so really fast. I always liked him on the PK. He would be a SH goal threat of his finish was better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad