Confirmed with Link: Jets Sign Jansen Harkins To 3 Year ELC ($925k aav)

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I was a big fan of Harkins leading up to the 2015 draft. Loved his 2-way game and playmaking. Skating aside, I thought he was a good bet for a middle-6 role, with some offensive upside.

He was slow to put it together, but I'm glad to see him in the NHL. I don't think he'll be a scorer, but he could develop into a defensively sound 3C.

Yep. He's a different player this year. Stronger, faster, more aggressive, better anticipation. And given his work ethic I'd expect him to be a riser for a good while yet, now that he's had a taste.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I was a big fan of Harkins leading up to the 2015 draft. Loved his 2-way game and playmaking. Skating aside, I thought he was a good bet for a middle-6 role, with some offensive upside.

He was slow to put it together, but I'm glad to see him in the NHL. I don't think he'll be a scorer, but he could develop into a defensively sound 3C.

Do you think he will get a look at centre in the NHL? What stands out to me is his tenacity, I think that is an excellent winger quality. The way Perreault is getting knocked around as he slows down, that's kind of the spot I see him fitting in, with more speed and puck pursuit. If Harkins got even ice time with Perreault right now, I think the production would be similar.

Reactions: hn777

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Do you think he will get a look at centre in the NHL? What stands out to me is his tenacity, I think that is an excellent winger quality. The way Perreault is getting knocked around as he slows down, that's kind of the spot I see him fitting in, with more speed and puck pursuit. If Harkins got even ice time with Perreault right now, I think the production would be similar.
I don't see him supplanting Lowry and time soon, but he may be in line to play 4C next year. * shrug *

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Not a bad suggestion. While I don't see him as much of a goal scorer he has some fairly soft hands and very good vision and playmaking. I would think playing him with someone Who can cash in on his passes would be a good idea.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Not a bad suggestion. While I don't see him as much of a goal scorer he has some fairly soft hands and very good vision and playmaking. I would think playing him with someone Who can cash in on his passes would be a good idea.

Good suggestion surixon, and David Gustafson, would be an ideal partner for him, as he can score. He has quite a good shot actually.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I feel like he could play in the top six. I mean I wouldn't do it just yet unless (god forbid) injuries were among us, but in the future I see him being in our top six.

An unpopular opinion, but I think he'll be better than Roslovic.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I feel like he could play in the top six. I mean I wouldn't do it just yet unless (god forbid) injuries were among us, but in the future I see him being in our top six.

Harkins was the guy I was hoping the Jets would nab in the first round. Glad we got him in the 2nd round; having both Roslovic and Harkins is pretty sweet.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Harkins was the guy I was hoping the Jets would nab in the first round. Glad we got him in the 2nd round; having both Roslovic and Harkins is pretty sweet.
Me too! Before the draft, I was hoping we could move into the top 10 to get either Connor or Barzal, and hoped we'd take Harkins if we didn't trade up. Somehow we got both AND Rosie. That was an awesome draft.

Edit: Forgot to say, can you imagine being Sweeney and having to wake up every day knowing you could have had Connor Barzal Svechnikov as your 2nd line?

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Me too! Before the draft, I was hoping we could move into the top 10 to get either Connor or Barzal, and hoped we'd take Harkins if we didn't trade up. Somehow we got both AND Rosie. That was an awesome draft.

Edit: Forgot to say, can you imagine being Sweeney and having to wake up every day knowing you could have had Connor Barzal Svechnikov as your 2nd line?

2015 Draft year was full of talent. Sweeney went off the board for his selections and we got lucky with Connor. I was okay with Barzal or Chabot who got selected after Connor. The Svechnikov you are thinking of that got selected in 1st round in 2015 draft is Evgeny. Older brother of the more talented Andrei who plays for the Canes. Evgeny is still in the AHL.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
2015 Draft year was full of talent. Sweeney went off the board for his selections and we got lucky with Connor. I was okay with Barzal or Chabot who got selected after Connor. The Svechnikov you are thinking of that got selected in 1st round in 2015 draft is Evgeny. Older brother of the more talented Andrei who plays for the Canes. Evgeny is still in the AHL.
Oops! You're right, I mixed my Sveches up.

What do you mean about "got lucky with Connor," though? If you mean we were lucky to get him at that position, then yeah, same page. If you mean "whodathunk he was a real NHLer," then I object strongly.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

Add me to your opinion. A few more like us and it will become a popular opinion perhaps?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Add me to your opinion. A few more like us and it will become a popular opinion perhaps?

I just found Roslovic was more NHL ready than Harkins was, Harkins struggled at the start and needed more ice-time.

Oops! You're right, I mixed my Sveches up.

What do you mean about "got lucky with Connor," though? If you mean we were lucky to get him at that position, then yeah, same page. If you mean "whodathunk he was a real NHLer," then I object strongly.

Think you must be thinking Brock Boeser. Connor-Barzal-Boeser.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Connor fell in our laps @ #17 in 2015...... I could not believe we were going to have the option of Barzel or Connor after NYI drafted at 16. I wanted Barzal but was happy with either. If Edm did not make that terrible trade for Reinhart(D)..... they would have most likely chosen Connor @ #16 as they had just drafted (c) McDavid...... and we would have drafted Barzal.......Imagine Connor on McDavids wing.... silly Chirilli......

if Boston would have draft competently and Barzal/Connor was gone...... I think the Jets were going to take Brock Boeser as they had some interest ......... I remember I was hoping for Collin White and then Boesser to be available at 25....... Roslovic was not on my radar at 25........... I also liked Konechny when White/Boesser we’re gone but Philly traded up to take him 1 pick b4 us @ 24.....

I really liked White....... I thought he was going to explode into a game changer and am very surprised with his recent struggles.....

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Seems like he'll grow into a solid third line playmaker to me. Really happy with the growth by some of our kids this year. Should hold Really Well for the future as well need that inexpensive depth.
The 2015 draft will go down as one of the best ever for the Jets. Connor, Roslovic, Harkins, Appleton, and Niku. 5 NHLers in a single draft is very nice work.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
The 2015 draft will go down as one of the best ever for the Jets. Connor, Roslovic, Harkins, Appleton, and Niku. 5 NHLers in a single draft is very nice work.

Too bad 2013 didn't turn out this way. I had high hopes.

Really impressed with Harkins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad