Confirmed with Link: Jets Sign Jansen Harkins To 3 Year ELC ($925k aav)

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Cool....... Spacek signed a ATO with Moose as well...... since he was signed out of the czek league he does not have a June1 st deadline....

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I'm a little surprised by the AAV. I thought that was 1st rd pick money. Not that it matters, just surprised.

He was predicted to be a late 1st but fell to a mid 2nd..... they had a TSN feature on draft day about his whole family as he was expected to be drafted in the first round.....

I think he will be a big piece for the Jets moving forward.......

I think he is being under valued by the Hf boards Jets group.....

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm a little surprised by the AAV. I thought that was 1st rd pick money. Not that it matters, just surprised.

No bonus money attached. A first rd pick would typically have some Sked A bonus money.

Lemieux for example signed for the same salary plus $200k potential sked A bonuses but he was almost a 1st rd pick.

Petan signed 3 yr $2.775M (same as Harkins)

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I think Stallard is going to have a monster season as well in the WHL next year for P.A. next year.....

HE IS A late birthday( after Sept 15 th)... so I do not think he will be signed until after after march 1 st 2018....

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Did he get 900k? That does seem a bit high but your correct in that it doesn't really matter much.

Aavco's first post said $925k. That is ELC max AFAIK. CapFriendly hasn't listed the signing yet.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No bonus money attached. A first rd pick would typically have some Sked A bonus money.

Lemieux for example signed for the same salary plus $200k potential sked A bonuses but he was almost a 1st rd pick.

Petan signed 3 yr $2.775M (same as Harkins)

Not even a signing bonus?

Lemieux got a little less, 839 (roughly) plus signing bonus plus play bonus up to 200k. His signing bonus is listed as 92.5 which would indicate a salary of 925. I'm lost reading the details on CF. Nothing adds up. :laugh: I will leave it to you.

I just saw the 925k for Harkins and assumed base salary. That number is normally reserved for 1st round picks. Bonuses vary.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not even a signing bonus?

Lemieux got a little less, 839 (roughly) plus signing bonus plus play bonus up to 200k. His signing bonus is listed as 92.5 which would indicate a salary of 925. I'm lost reading the details on CF. Nothing adds up. :laugh: I will leave it to you.

I just saw the 925k for Harkins and assumed base salary. That number is normally reserved for 1st round picks. Bonuses vary.

Cap hits and salarys get messed up on cap friendly when ELC contracts slide.

Original deal 3 yrs value 3.210M

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He was predicted to be a late 1st but fell to a mid 2nd..... they had a TSN feature on draft day about his whole family as he was expected to be drafted in the first round.....

he is a born leader too... he will be a candidate to get a letter at a young age once he cracks the lineup full time. VERY solid signing... good player and GREAT kid. Very good head on his shoulders. You guys hit a homerun getting him in the 2nd round

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

I do to!

Puck Hawerchuck

Jan 8, 2014
St Vital

Nice signing. Let him develop with the Moose. Agree that he is undervalued here.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Exhuming this thread for one of the more interesting but least-discussed Jets prospects who has come a long way. Looking forward to seeing him playing out a decent string of games and carving out a spot for himself going forward.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Exhuming this thread for one of the more interesting but least-discussed Jets prospects who has come a long way. Looking forward to seeing him playing out a decent string of games and carving out a spot for himself going forward.

Me too. I like what he has brought in his limited games and ice time. BANG the door down and force Maurice to play you.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He's playing very well with his opportunity. I don't know what his ceiling is, but in the coming years you probably have Harkins and Ves taking over the bottom 6 LW positions. Nice to have energy out of the 4th line, with his addition, as well as the others.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
He's playing very well with his opportunity. I don't know what his ceiling is, but in the coming years you probably have Harkins and Ves taking over the bottom 6 LW positions. Nice to have energy out of the 4th line, with his addition, as well as the others.
We will have lots of players competing for bottom six next year, add Apples, Spacek, Suess, Gus, McKenzie to that list too. Should have some nice call up depth.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Hope Harkins can carve out a roll for himself.

That 2015 draft is looking pretty solid from a Jets perspective:

Connor
Roslovic
Harkins
Foley
Spacek
Appleton
Niku
Gennaro

Maybe not everyone playing at the level you hope relative to draft position but some exceeding it. Oh yeah, thanks Boston.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I was a big fan of Harkins leading up to the 2015 draft. Loved his 2-way game and playmaking. Skating aside, I thought he was a good bet for a middle-6 role, with some offensive upside.

He was slow to put it together, but I'm glad to see him in the NHL. I don't think he'll be a scorer, but he could develop into a defensively sound 3C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad