Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Connor Hellebuyck

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Although Jon Gillies was a fairly well known commodity coming out of the same league in the same year. Not only that, but Hellebuyck's numbers were better than Gillies in the NAHL and continued to be better in the NCAA.

Why have 6 scouts when you only need 3 to tell you how good David Clarkson is.

actually they had 2 to tell them how good Clarkson was and 1 to tell them how bad Grabovski and MacArthur were

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Although Jon Gillies was a fairly well known commodity coming out of the same league in the same year. Not only that, but Hellebuyck's numbers were better than Gillies in the NAHL and continued to be better in the NCAA.

Why have 6 scouts when you only need 3 to tell you how good David Clarkson is.

Gillies was drafted out of the USHL, not the NAHL.

Hellebuyck was on Toth's show on OB last night saying he wasn't drafted out of high school by either league. The Jackalopes invited him down to try out at training camp and he won the starting job. He also said he had a feeling he'd be drafted because a couple of teams had talked to him leading up to the 2012 draft - but he was surprised to go in the 5th. I wonder who else talked to him?

StaticPrevails

Oct 6, 2011
Edmonton
I felt foolish checking the link...... How did you ever come across this :laugh:

Was listening to Hellebuyck's interview on H&L and he they were discussing his hometown and I googled Commerce to learn more about the place. But yep, Connor is most definitely harbouring radioactive abilities.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Was listening to Hellebuyck's interview on H&L and he they were discussing his hometown and I googled Commerce to learn more about the place. But yep, Connor is most definitely harbouring radioactive abilities.

Well good find. I'm totally on board with this theory.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Well deserved.

I was worried he wouldn't get it because the team is known as a defensive shot blocking team (even though they don't block and above average amount of shots) but I think his sheer dominance and crazy numbers got it for him. Not to mention the back to back MVP awards likely helped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad