Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Patrice Cormier

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I thought odell looked good with Kane and Seto. had a couple good chances and just barely missed the one (the post).

Cormier i liked as well. Wasn't as strong in the dot but that can easily just be variance/luck. I didn't notice any mistakes and saw 3-4 really "good" plays which is more then i can say about most of fourth liners on any given day.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I thought odell looked good with Kane and Seto. had a couple good chances and just barely missed the one (the post).

Cormier i liked as well. Wasn't as strong in the dot but that can easily just be variance/luck. I didn't notice any mistakes and saw 3-4 really "good" plays which is more then i can say about most of fourth liners on any given day.

I thought the last game Corms played here on Weds was the best night I've seen him play in this organization. He was flying that night. I'll take O'dell back before the playoffs but I really do hope that Cormier sticks in the NHL. He's a personally favorite and has really taken a turn for the worst since his JR. days

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Yeah, the big thing I liked about Cormier was it looked like he never stopped skating. At all.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
How was his foot speed at this level? I find if anything that is his biggest knock

Bad enough that he'll never get above the 4th line, but he's pretty good at face offs and not being a defensive liability. I don't mind him as a 13th-14th forward.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Bad enough that he'll never get above the 4th line, but he's pretty good at face offs and not being a defensive liability. I don't mind him as a 13th-14th forward.

But as long as we have Slater, and he's healthy, I don't see Cormier getting any ice time or call-ups. Basically, as long as Slater is in the line up, Cormier is playing in the AHL. He might want to take a chance somewhere else when his contract is up.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
But as long as we have Slater, and he's healthy, I don't see Cormier getting any ice time or call-ups. Basically, as long as Slater is in the line up, Cormier is playing in the AHL. He might want to take a chance somewhere else when his contract is up.

Cormier is RFA. So although his contract is up this year, he is not going anywhere in the off-season unless the Jets want him to. But he did clear waivers this past year. And will have to clear waivers to go down next year. If he appears in 33 more NHL games between now and the end of 2014-15 he will be RFA again next off-season.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Cormier is RFA. So although his contract is up this year, he is not going anywhere in the off-season unless the Jets want him to. But he did clear waivers this past year. And will have to clear waivers to go down next year. If he appears in 33 more NHL games between now and the end of 2014-15 he will be RFA again next off-season.

Honestly, him and Klingberg are two people I don't see being signed. Just seems like there are both replaceable, suck for Cormier as I want him to succeed, Klingberg is a dime a dozen player so its meaningless to keep him around

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I should have said "He might want to take a chance somewhere else when the end of his contract allows him" to be more clear.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

I think that if the Jets have no use for Cormier they'll deal him for a guy at a similar stage in his career who is stonewalled in another organization but who is a better fit for the Jets.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Thought he looked alright vs dallas, played a safe game, and a nice play to get an assist. didn't get to see yesterday's game.

He's better than Wright. IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad