Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I’m sure he’s thinking of all scenarios and will take his time to decide. He seems like a very thorough and thoughtful person and will listen to the advice of his family and advisor/agent.

Right now, he’s not stepping into a spot in the Jets lineup. If Perfetti can’t get into the playoff lineup without an injury, there’s no chance McGroarty steps into the lineup.

The coaching staff will want to indoctrinate him into the their systems and culture gradually. The team wants to install a path for players to take to make the NHL team…. Start with Moose -> to gain experience playing a role they envision the player eventually playing in NHL -> then graduate to Jets.

I think McGroarty signs in next day or two and joins the Moose. He’ll start with the Moose next fall to ‘learn how to play the pro game’ with call up opportunities.

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Chevy will tell him that if they clinch the 2nd spot, he can play in the last game. He will sign.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If they wait until after the next game his visa likely doesn't go through quickly enough to play the final game.
Maybe I'm missing something, but the only hope he has of getting in that game and burning a year would be signing ASAP so the visa process could get started immediately. If that was THE priority for him, he would have announced the second they were eliminated

OR they told chevy that's what they wanted and he refused so here we are

Who knows

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I’m sure he’s thinking of all scenarios and will take his time to decide. He seems like a very thorough and thoughtful person and will listen to the advice of his family and advisor/agent.

Right now, he’s not stepping into a spot in the Jets lineup. If Perfetti can’t get into the playoff lineup without an injury, there’s no chance McGroarty steps into the lineup.

The coaching staff will want to indoctrinate him into the their systems and culture gradually. The team wants to install a path for players to take to make the NHL team…. Start with Moose -> to gain experience playing a role they envision the player eventually playing in NHL -> then graduate to Jets.

I think McGroarty signs in next day or two and joins the Moose. He’ll start with the Moose next fall to ‘learn how to play the pro game’ with call up opportunities.
Fairly certain he wouldn’t be eligible to play with the Moose given he’s signed after the AHL deadline. It’s NHL or bust.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Having an American parent does and doesn't automatically give you dual citizenship

If you're born in the states to an American mother and Canadian father, you're 100% entitled to canadian citizenship but there are forms you have to file to get your certificate and then you'd need a SIN. Two of my kids were born in the states to an American mother and we had to do this for them when we moved back here

If he's already gone through this process, then he's good to go

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Having an American parent does and doesn't automatically give you dual citizenship

If you're born in the states to an American mother and Canadian father, you're 100% entitled to canadian citizenship but there are forms you have to file to get your certificate and then you'd need a SIN. Two of my kids were born in the states to an American mother and we had to do this for them when we moved back here

If he's already gone through this process, then he's good to go
You’d think after he was drafted by a Canadian team he would have the foresight to take care of these types of things so there wouldn’t be barriers in the future.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You’d think after he was drafted by a Canadian team he would have the foresight to take care of these types of things so there wouldn’t be barriers in the future.

And maybe he has, or not. All I know is the 2 flags by his name on EP.

What sort of visa requirements are there for foreign players belonging to American teams when they play in Canada?

Hmmmmm. No news….

Patience.
Means nothing until something happens, one way or another.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He’s implying he’ll be going back to college again. I think that’s a fair guess reading the tea leaves of silence.

Where do you read those tea leaves?

Do you have a rational explanation for why he would do that?

What does he gain by that? It costs him a year from his pro career. That could be worth millions.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Where do you read those tea leaves?

Do you have a rational explanation for why he would do that?

What does he gain by that? It costs him a year from his pro career. That could be worth millions.
Elliott Friedman just tweeted Rutger is likely going back to college.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I would be disappointed by that.

My questions are unanswered.
Sorry. Those questions are best answered by Rutger or his agent. Anything I would say is speculation or guesses reading tea leaves.

Patience.

When the announcement comes out there might be answers to his reasoning and your questions.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sorry. Those questions are best answered by Rutger or his agent. Anything I would say is speculation or guesses reading tea leaves.

Patience.

When the announcement comes out there might be answers to his reasoning and your questions.

You're the one who started reading tea leaves.

His reason(s) for whatever he decides are his. We can still analyze the decision.

2 years (or less) in NCAA seems to be the sweet spot for highly regarded players. Some posters have pointed out that Samberg played a 3rd season there. He was in a different position altogether. Just for starters, drafted 43rd vs 14th. But the big thing with Samberg was that he had come through a high school program. His development was a year behind. He needed the 3rd year.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
You're the one who started reading tea leaves.

His reason(s) for whatever he decides are his. We can still analyze the decision.

2 years (or less) in NCAA seems to be the sweet spot for highly regarded players. Some posters have pointed out that Samberg played a 3rd season there. He was in a different position altogether. Just for starters, drafted 43rd vs 14th. But the big thing with Samberg was that he had come through a high school program. His development was a year behind. He needed the 3rd year.
Agreed on 2 years being the norm. And to be clear am super disapointed Rutgers not signing. Would have been an amazing playoff black ace.

As far as me reading tea leaves and starting speculation - there were pages of that before I weighed in. The only difference is that I called out I was speculating/guessing on not much more but tea leaves.

And my last post had an unintentional snarky tone - apologies. That wasn’t the intent. You’re a great poster snerd - don’t mean to create and dissent amongst fans as we go into the white out!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
We now pivot to if the Jets reward Ville & Lambert with an NHL game to reward solid seasons. Likely not tomorrow but potentially game 82?

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad