Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Does Bauer have any hope in hell of becoming an NHLer?
Y3VyYi5naWY.gif

Honestly he hasn't looked awful with the Moose, hasn't looked great. Still young though so who knows.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Salomonsson's Skellefteå wins 7-6 in overtime. No points for Salomonsson and he seemed to be taking very, very short shifts. Skellefteå was getting buried in overtime apart from their two powerplays. Up 3-1 in the series.

hot donut

Oct 7, 2020
Salomonsson's Skellefteå wins 7-6 in overtime. No points for Salomonsson and he seemed to be taking very, very short shifts. Skellefteå was getting buried in overtime apart from their two powerplays. Up 3-1 in the series.
Felt like he had a few never-ending shifts where he got stuck on the ice because of repeated icings or just couldn't change as the puck stayed in Skellefteå's end for a long time. He did clearly lead the team with 27:07 of ice time, over two minutes more than the next player.

Bit of an elbow from Salomonsson as well (on the right). Didn't get a penalty for it.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Felt like he had a few never-ending shifts where he got stuck on the ice because of repeated icings or just couldn't change as the puck stayed in Skellefteå's end for a long time. He did clearly lead the team with 27:07 of ice time, over two minutes more than the next player.

Bit of an elbow from Salomonsson as well (on the right). Didn't get a penalty for it.
I only watched the overtime, seemed like when he was on it was for a very short amount of time.

Last edited:

hot donut

Oct 7, 2020
I could only watched the overtime, seemed like when he was on it was for a very short amount of time.
Yeah, Sandin Pellikka was more visible during the overtime since he is on the PP and his unit played a lot. Granberg also occasionally takes shifts with Lundberg, Salomonsson's usual d-partner. Just wanted to comment in case someone thought that Salomonsson was for example hurt and was taking shorter shifts because of that.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah, Sandin Pellikka was more visible during the overtime since he is on the PP and his unit played a lot. Granberg also occasionally takes shifts with Lundberg, Salomonsson's usual d-partner. Just wanted to comment in case someone thought that Salomonsson was for example hurt and was taking shorter shifts because of that.
I wasn't trying to imply that, it's just something I noticed.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
With Kyle Connor I believed he signed an AHL deal with the NHL contract to start the following season. Not sure if they want to so the same with Rutger?

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Could have been a quick Rutger sign and announcement next day (Friday). Wonder what the delay is?

The Jets may not be entertaining him joining the team right now - sign and head to the moose for the playoffs. He might not be wanting that.

Hopefully something gets announced soon.

Agree with the Lebrun Miami Cleveland comment. Rutger hype might be getting to his head. He’s not that good.

Starting to think he’ll be back in college next year.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Could have been a quick Rutger sign and announcement next day (Friday). Wonder what the delay is?

The Jets may not be entertaining him joining the team right now - sign and head to the moose for the playoffs. He might not be wanting that.

Hopefully something gets announced soon.

Agree with the Lebrun Miami Cleveland comment. Rutger hype might be getting to his head. He’s not that good.

Starting to think he’ll be back in college next year.
He's weighing his options, per Friedman. What has he said or done that would lead you to believe he's getting an inflated ego?

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
He's weighing his options, per Friedman. What has he said or done that would lead you to believe he's getting an inflated ego?
Just said it might be getting to his head. The sentence was inherently speculative! That’s all.

The very fact he’s “weighing” his options…..does go against the norm. Guess we will see!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
There is no rush for Rutger, the only deadline I see is by the regular season end if the Jets are offering burning off a year of his ELC, then he needs to sign in the next few days as I doubt the Jets would be willing to use a playoff game to burn his ELC.

But if that is not part of the contract discussions I don't see a lot of need for rushing. Hopefully he signs, with Nazar gone, Brindley and Casey rumored to be signing with their NHL teams, that Michigan team is gonna be losing a lot of talent. I hope he signs this year and fast-tracks his NHL timeline. Samberg spending an extra year in the NCAA likely delayed his NHL timeline as I am sure if he had signed at the end of year 2 of NCAA he would have made the NHL team earlier than he did.

Reactions: kellhunter

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
There is no rush for Rutger, the only deadline I see is by the regular season end if the Jets are offering burning off a year of his ELC, then he needs to sign in the next few days as I doubt the Jets would be willing to use a playoff game to burn his ELC.

But if that is not part of the contract discussions I don't see a lot of need for rushing. Hopefully he signs, with Nazar gone, Brindley and Casey rumored to be signing with their NHL teams, that Michigan team is gonna be losing a lot of talent. I hope he signs this year and fast-tracks his NHL timeline. Samberg spending an extra year in the NCAA likely delayed his NHL timeline as I am sure if he had signed at the end of year 2 of NCAA he would have made the NHL team earlier than he did.
Someone mentioned the visa and the timing of it before being able to play Thursday. So in that sense, if they've agreed to burn a year then there is a rush to sign. I have no idea what the turnaround time is on those, hopefully faster than the passport office lol

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I believe the deal is already done and will be announced Monday. Lets not overthink this. He is a college player dreaming of the NHL , a bit signing bonus awaits. He will be here
I am hoping this as well. TN tends to like to plan out big announcements like this.

If it’s not announced tomorrow though - not happening this season.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
My guess it will happen Tuesday
Hmmmm. I’m not so sure they will make that announcement on a game day - let alone a game day where the jets need one point at home to clinch home ice.

Hope I’m wrong if we DON’T hear anything tomorrow though.

I wonder if the depth at forward and prospect and jets preference to develop slowly is being scrutinized in the mcgroarty camp. Hope I’m wrong there too!

If this was March - it’s common to take a week etc to sign the ELC once eliminated from college hockey. This late in the season - it’s usually done next day or 2 days after. The delay is unexpected. It will be April 15th tomorrow.

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Similar situation was Knies last year with a competitive Leafs team. He signed Apr 9th and frozen four final was Apr 8th.

Delay is a little odd. Wasn’t there an article about Rutger likely returning to college next year? Hopefully there wasn’t any real substance to it. I’d officially be a little concerned if he doesn’t sign this year

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hmmmm. I’m not so sure they will make that announcement on a game day - let alone a game day where the jets need one point at home to clinch home ice.

Hope I’m wrong if we DON’T hear anything tomorrow though.

I wonder if the depth at forward and prospect and jets preference to develop slowly is being scrutinized in the mcgroarty camp. Hope I’m wrong there too!

If this was March - it’s common to take a week etc to sign the ELC once eliminated from college hockey. This late in the season - it’s usually done next day or 2 days after. The delay is unexpected. It will be April 15th tomorrow.
I’d let things play out a bit yet. TNSE likes to orchestrate things. There are a few variables we have no idea about. Every time worry has been stroked about a college player not signing it has proven to be unfounded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad