Post-Game Talk: Jets play better still lose 3-0, Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Absolutely 100% we need to do more than just replace Lowry amongst the coaching staff. Generally speaking, when a coaching change is made in the NHL, the new coach gets to "pick his crew" so to speak. It's quite bizarre to me that a guy like Huddy has somehow managed to be our D coach for 11 seasons through now 3 coaches in spite of the fact that defense has never exactly been a strong aspect of our on-ice performance. Whether Huddy is a good or bad coach isn't the issue really - it's just strange he's had the position this long.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
As for the game, effort was good but our special teams were bad. Along the systems line we generated some good looks off the rush (Yes Lowry lets not try to be a rush team cringe...). The issue was once we gained zone control we were didn't generate anything and we had a the puck a lot. The Rangers aren't a good defensive team but we did nothing to pull them out of shape with switches and more advanced cycles. Just the same boring dmen staying on the points and our forwards three man cycling on the perimeter. Any wonder our offensive players are pissed and not listening.

The Rangers remind me of the 2017-18 Jets.

There are defensive mistakes being made, but, the goaltender is covering them up.

Hopefully, the Rangers make the ECF so we get another 1st round pick.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I think the Coyotes are playing in a 5000 seat arena for the foreseeable future, at what will undoubtedly be lower ticket prices, so I'm not sure that 13000 is doom.
I actually think ticket prices in Arizona will be high. Fans from all over the league will be wanting to go and watch their team in a small, intimate atmosphere. It would be like watching a big named band in a small venue. That coupled with Arizona being a winter vacation destination and you may see large numbers of fans heading there.

• Haha
Reactions: roccerfeller

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
This guy breaks down common Jets defensive errors.

I think the whole Jet board knows the defensive errors after errors they make every game. Three Jet players attacking the puck carrier and he makes one pass to the open player and there's another player standing in front of the Jet goalie unguarded.
This coaching staff is a ficken joke.
More and more players are now starting to voice their opinions ... finally a mutiny maybe its not #55 & #26 .

Reactions: Guardian17

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I wasn't happy with Pionk's game either if it makes you feel better, i don't like the fact our coaches think Stanley is a better player to dress than Sanberg. And if i was going to get rid of any of our defensemen it would start with Schmidt , he's been awful all season and makes a tonne of money. I never said Stanley doesn't work hard but i also don't think he should be any more than a 7th defensemen.
OK, I feel better :D:D

Reactions: kanadalainen

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I am not sure if he is trying to get Lowry fired or is injured or is just not number one centre material but he did not elevate his game after the Scheifele injury and looked like he checked out right around then. I am not convinced he should be signed long term or that Scheifele is as big a problem as I thought.
Just a dud of a season matching our crappy weather.
A few people have mentioned PLD being injured. Where is that coming from?

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Absolutely, PLD is my #1 choice for C, Morrissey can keep his A..who would you like for the other? I’d like to hear your thoughts..
Right now, I think I’d go with PLD. It might be a slight gamble based on a brief sample size but obviously a lot of us appreciate what he brings pretty consistently every night. I’d rather the players take their cue from a feisty, belligerent leader than an uninspiring, aloof leader any day.
The entire team needs to increase its collective intensity level; we could use another winger that would compliment Dubois’s on ice skill set.

Reactions: roccerfeller

None

Feb 22, 2012
A few people have mentioned PLD being injured. Where is that coming from?

He took a hit against Tampa and was favouring one of his arms for the remainder of the game, making one handed passes and stopping up before contact. And then he took a maintenance day for the skate before the Rangers game.

Aside from that I think he's maintained that besides regular bumps and bruises he's healthy.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
He took a hit against Tampa and was favouring one of his arms for the remainder of the game, making one handed passes and stopping up before contact. And then he took a maintenance day for the skate before the Rangers game.

Aside from that I think he's maintained that besides regular bumps and bruises he's healthy.
The injury talk I was seeing started before the Tampa game. Was there an earlier incident? Or maybe people just wanted to believe he had an injury to explain his unproductive play. Anyway, he's been a disappointment to me. He started the year looking like a leader, and he's finishing looking like a complainer. All these veiled pot shots at the coach and other players by PLD and a select few others who supposedly "give a f***" aren't doing anything for the team as a whole.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010

Tie-Breaking Procedure​

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., "Regulation Wins"). This figure is reflected in the RW column.
  3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e, "Total Wins"). This figure is reflected in the W column.
  5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the "odd game") shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any "odd games") shall be used to determine standing.
  6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
  7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.
It's clear from this that regulation wins (RW) trump ROW. Dallas currently has 29 RW to our 28. As long as at least 2 of our 5 wins are in regulation, we get the playoff spot.
whoops my bad, thought the first tiebreaker was ROW not RW. So we have to wait another day :)

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
whoops my bad, thought the first tiebreaker was ROW not RW. So we have to wait another day :)
With luck, the Stars clown pound the Oilers tonight and we can say to the Jets...

giphy.gif

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Now for the incoming no pressure winning streak to make sure that we get as poor a draft pick as possible. Everyone knows that it is coming.
I wouldn't worry about that too much this year. Picking 13th or picking 15th - not much difference in this draft. From what I have read this draft isn't deep and leans towards below average.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I actually think ticket prices in Arizona will be high. Fans from all over the league will be wanting to go and watch their team in a small, intimate atmosphere. It would be like watching a big named band in a small venue. That coupled with Arizona being a winter vacation destination and you may see large numbers of fans heading there.
The average ticket price will be high because all the seats will be close to the ice. How many rows are there in the arena? 12? Think of the first 10-12 rows in any NHL arena and look at the ticket prices there and compare that to the prices in 12-15 rows of the upper deck. Those upper deck ticket prices bring down the average ticket price.

Add in the lack of available seats, which I think will be 3500, and that will put further upward pressure on the price of seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad