Post-Game Talk: Jets play better still lose 3-0, Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's really starting to sound like we will see a much different roster next year, if it's true and I'm not saying it is that Scheifele wants out that is huge news

Where did you hear that - other than people saying he is playing like he wants out?

None

Feb 22, 2012
What was mentioned in the GDT? That he was unhappy? That he asked for a trade? Or just more speculation?

There was a claim that Jeff Hamilton mentioned that Scheifele has asked for a trade on Hustler's podcast or radio show.

I haven't been able to find anything in the media making any reference to it so take that as you will :dunno:

None

Feb 22, 2012
What was mentioned in the GDT? That he was unhappy? That he asked for a trade? Or just more speculation?
Someone in the media claimed that he has asked for a trade

Timestamp 1h25m for what I assume was being referenced in the game day thread.

There's absolutely no way that could be interpreted as being a trade request if that was what was being referenced. It's literally just Jeff Hamilton questioning what the Jets could do to address roster needs.

I feel like if there was a trade request revealed by anyone in the local media it would've already been on national sports headlines.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Some one has to chase the puck carrier - maybe he should have covered both guys and the puck carrier.
Or you might ask, what were the rest of them doing while Stan was taking his man.

Why in the F**k is Stan taking all the heat for this team when they all play like garbage in the Dzone?
If you want to dial in a the D, take a look at Pionks game tonight - he lost every battle he was in and coughed up the puck a dozens times - and he does that at a rate of $6M / yr.

Tearing down the guys that actually shows up in a year where nobody shows up - he lacks the skill but he at least has the heart. There's lower hanging fruit out there if you give the core even a casual glance.

And honestly, I don't care if they pull him and put in another young d hopeful - no issue what's so ever.
But you don't have to justify the move by dragging down players that are at least working out there.
I wasn't happy with Pionk's game either if it makes you feel better, i don't like the fact our coaches think Stanley is a better player to dress than Sanberg. And if i was going to get rid of any of our defensemen it would start with Schmidt , he's been awful all season and makes a tonne of money. I never said Stanley doesn't work hard but i also don't think he should be any more than a 7th defensemen.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Well, if the players are doing their best to get Lowry fired then Dubois has certainly been leading that charge. In the last 10 games where they have basically shit canned what slight chance they still had by going 3-6-1, Dubois has 1 goal and is a -10. He quit on Columbus because he didn't like it there, and now it looks like he is quitting here. Is that someone we should build our core around? People seem worried that he won't sign here long term, I'm more concerned that he will.
Every shift I watched Dubois (and it defintitely was not all game) it was the exact same thing that everyone on these boards shits on Scheifele for. Lazy non committed play. If our #1 and #2 centres play lazy, selfish hockey well there's a problem. Because you can win, and win alot, with Ryan Hartman, Joel Eriksson-Ek, and Frederic Gaudreau as your top 3 centres, if you play the right way.

Maurice couldn't push the buttons anymore, Lowry seems to have lost this team, and I wonder if he is benching rookies, is he the answer? But I'd say that Lowry's inabilities to coordinate this team goes back to Scheifele talking about the team having no identity shortly after he took over. I wonder if Dubois being demoted, with Stastny getting the top wingers, was a message from the coach about his recent play, that wasn't well received.

For me the worst case scenario is a repeat of the animosity that seeped into the 2019 team, which was at least a championship calibre team, and kind of pulled it apart. Maurice was at least able to keep the team together, and focused, following the exodus. Coaching some big egos isn't easy, especially when you are in a market like Winnipeg where there is always someone asking to get out. This year's team is a disappointment. Not going to be the most fun offseason in Jetsville, I suspect.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
I wasn't happy with Pionk's game either if it makes you feel better, i don't like the fact our coaches think Stanley is a better player to dress than Sanberg. And if i was going to get rid of any of our defensemen it would start with Schmidt , he's been awful all season and makes a tonne of money. I never said Stanley doesn't work hard but i also don't think he should be any more than a 7th defensemen.

if 55 deserves to have a new jets coach doesn t stanley to be under a new coach also with the jets

Reactions: bustamente

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Well, if the players are doing their best to get Lowry fired then Dubois has certainly been leading that charge. In the last 10 games where they have basically shit canned what slight chance they still had by going 3-6-1, Dubois has 1 goal and is a -10. He quit on Columbus because he didn't like it there, and now it looks like he is quitting here. Is that someone we should build our core around? People seem worried that he won't sign here long term, I'm more concerned that he will.
I am not sure if he is trying to get Lowry fired or is injured or is just not number one centre material but he did not elevate his game after the Scheifele injury and looked like he checked out right around then. I am not convinced he should be signed long term or that Scheifele is as big a problem as I thought.
Just a dud of a season matching our crappy weather.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Team will be long gone in 5 if they don’t turn it around quick and get asses back in the seats.

The NHL working here is not sustainable with 13,000 people in attendance.
I think the Coyotes are playing in a 5000 seat arena for the foreseeable future, at what will undoubtedly be lower ticket prices, so I'm not sure that 13000 is doom.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Team will be long gone in 5 if they don’t turn it around quick and get asses back in the seats.

The NHL working here is not sustainable with 13,000 people in attendance.

I mean...so? I remember when the Jet's first came back and all the negative nancy's said "they won't last 5 years in Winnipeg. It's not going to work." Well, we're at 11 years now and there's certainly a few more coming before there's any real threat of a move. Would it suck if the team goes away again? Sure...but whatever...we'll have had 15 or more years with an NHL franchise again and that's more than most would have expected possible 12 years ago. (I doubt the franchise moves within 5 years anyway so it's kind of a moot point but just saying)

Reactions: Guardian17

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I was warning everyone who was hoping for Maurice to be fired to be careful what they wish for:

dZ2Luzr.png
Other than you, likely nobody else does.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Why in the heck would anyone "miss" Maurice?? It was well beyond time for him to go...so much so that he finally said "well ok if you won't do it then I'll fire myself dammit!"

I don't think many of us would have said "Mo needs to go and Lowry is the answer" though.

Reactions: rkp

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I legitimately don't care but how in the world does this happen:

ZHEuqpI.png

A 3 on 0 down low while you are on the PK, seriously? How do 3 rangers manage to get below their guys? It's not a one off either. This is a pattern with them all season.

This isn't just an eye test, it's more like an "¡Ay Dios mío!" test. Wowzers. Even the poor ref is shocked it broke down that fast, poor schmuck is just trying to catch up.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I think people are panicking a bit too much about those comments and what they mean for players wanting to be here. I take the comments as the players caring about this team and the direction of it. They are essentially voicing what they believe as problems to management. I think they want to have things succeed in this city but the ball is clearly in managements court now. The core sans maybe Mark and Blake are clearly fed up with the coaching and have let management know.

I believe if these players really wanted out they would just quietly tender trade requests and leave it as that.

Excellent point. This is what I'm thinking as well. They're frustrated and it's showing.

I think they'll at least wait until next season. If management fails, then that's when they'll quietly issue trade requests.

Reactions: surixon

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Good riddance, Maurice was part of the problem and his influence is still plaguing this organization.

He may have been part of the problem, but I don't think what we're seeing is entirely on Maurice. I think PoMo listened to the rest of the coaching staff, and now Lowry is as well.

One or more assistant coaches are the problem still. We need a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, plus one or more player trades in the offseason.

I have a gut feeling that this could be Scheif's last season in a Jets uniform. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad