Jets need more from Pavelec — much more

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I know of 3 media members that have straight up told me their views on Pavelec changed because of that huge summer article I wrote.

Did you welcome them to two years ago? :)

Thank you to our Beastie Boys (great concert BTW)

Good public service to shape and inform our local talking heads and scribes!

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Montoya has been better then Pavs.

Save %, GA, rebounds, positioning, gahhh... what.the.hell.

Give the guy a chance. Start him tomorrow.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yep I agree here. Duby btw has had a league average sv% on a worse team in his career, minus this years struggle. I think he might have just grown tired of the Edmonton circus.

If we could swap Pav and Duby I'd do it in a second. At the very least he continues to suck and we cut him free at the end of the year, and can go get a legit starter.

What dubnyk's sv% doesn't tell you is that he lets in at least one bad goal a game. I don't really like him, even as a UFA it puts us back looking for a goalie again next season. No one is ready to take full time duty. That's gonna eventually be Hellebuyck or Comrie.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That is the very simple solution right in front of our face.

IMHO at the very worst Montoya gives us the same level goaltending that Pavelec is. What could it hurt? It costs the team nothing and we aren't winning anyways. Let him play, he's at least earned that.

Yep I agree here. Duby btw has had a league average sv% on a worse team in his career, minus this years struggle. I think he might have just grown tired of the Edmonton circus.

If we could swap Pav and Duby I'd do it in a second. At the very least he continues to suck and we cut him free at the end of the year, and can go get a legit starter.

Yes, we have nothing to lose by starting Monty, and at this point we HAVE to make some kind of change. But to think Monty or Dubnyk is a "solution" is quite naive, because in the end, it's the same result, just a different face(unfortunately kinda like the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg, yet we've gotten virtually no where).

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Comrie is something special and will be our saving grace, I have a good feeling about him and have been tracking him since before the 2012-2013 season.

Only thing is he is still probably 5 give or take a year away from being an NHL starting level in his development. For those 5 years I'm not sure what the answer is, but it's not Pavelec.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
the only problem I have with a purely statistical argument is it assumes the same circumstances in the peripheral, and that is simply not the case.

This is why I can't see why I would want Huddy in charge of the team. I've always felt one of our biggest issues was getting players out of the front of our own net. Simply put, we are horrible at it.

I will always prefer to make a personal judgement call on watching the conditions with which a goalie has to contend before making a call.

Kudos to you on getting some stats published. It must feel pretty awesome. I can only imagine...

Personally I lost faith in Lawless when he said the "Jets" was a bad name associated with losing and a negative tradition. This was the moment I wondered why the heck the press hired a guy from a different province who didn't get it. I just can't read the guy's stuff. If I hear him on 1290, I just shut it off.

Although I haven't read your article, I wholeheartedly congratulate you. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad