OT: Jets Lounge: The B Word Now Stands For Banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
It will if enough people buy it. It'll be on Steam today. Go out and get it everyone ;)

I definitely will. I've lost touch with a lot of game, but Eastside Hockey Manager is still something that is very fond to me.

In my first game, I drafted Olesz, Crosby and Ovechkin. That was way before I had any idea who those players were.:nod:

Safe to say that this potentially will ruin all the efforts of the people trying to make FHM on the other hand.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I see you all the time on FHM so I thought you'd be excited.

I will probably grab it.

Yeah and FHM 14 sucked hard (only hockey sim option I had though haha). This will likely sink FHM. FHM 2 is still in development but has been delayed (was supposed to be out in October) and they scared tons of people away by releasing FHM 14 too early and it sucked.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-26-nhl-eastside-hockey-manager-returning-today

The Q&A added: "We need to prove that there is enough demand to justify resurrecting the series fully. Whilst this version has 'fake' data, we want to show that there is a demand for a fully licensed version of the game. That won't come with this release but, if it's successful, it means we can go to the leagues around the world and get licenses for future, annualised, versions (in much the same way that we do with FM)."

Does that mean player names will be fake for now or are they referring to something else?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
EHM is just 14 bucks on Steam. Great value.

Also to Hammer yes ALL the players names, teams, logos, etc are randomized. Easy fix at the ehmtheblueline though.

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
I was a 20 year PC user who switched two years ago. Macs do not suck. They may not be for you, (especially if you are a hard core gamer).

What sucks is spending $750 on a Dell laptop and have the motherboard crack after 18 months because I picked it up one handed.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I was a 20 year PC user who switched two years ago. Macs do not suck. They may not be for you, (especially if you are a hard core gamer).

What sucks is spending $750 on a Dell laptop and have the motherboard crack after 18 months because I picked it up one handed.

No need to say anything about a useless "mac sucks" comment ;)

People who think mac sucks probably have never tried working with a macbook or iMac for longer than 5 minutes. I SWEAR that 100% of the people I know that switched to a macbook haven't been regretting their decision one second and stayed with it (including myself). If you want to play games with it, it obviously is not for you but EVERYONE knows it by the year 2015. That's what I have a PS4 for.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I have used Macs on a regular basis since 1985. I do not like them - I believe that's longer than 5 minutes, yes? ;)

Here's the reason I don't like them:

1. The cult of Apple
2. Integration of Macs as BYOD in a corporate environment.

The second is the killer for me. We have 3 Macs in our studio facility (vs. 80 PC's running Windows or Linux), and the hoops we have to go through to get them hooked up to Active Directory for authentication, our document and asset management system, our file systems, working with our VoIP system, etc., generates more work for our systems admins as a percentage than is worth it. Pain in the you-know-what.

I like the hardware, and don't mind the OS - it's all the other practical things related to Macs that I hate.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I have used Macs on a regular basis since 1985. I do not like them - I believe that's longer than 5 minutes, yes? ;)

1. The cult of Apple

The second is the killer for me. We have 3 Macs in our studio facility (vs. 80 PC's running Windows or Linux), and the hoops we have to go through to get them hooked up to Active Directory for authentication, our document and asset management system, our file systems, working with our VoIP system, etc., generates more work for our systems admins as a percentage than is worth it. Pain in the you-know-what.

I like the hardware, and don't mind the OS - it's all the other practical things related to Macs that I hate.

You're the first person, I swear :laugh:

But let's be real: Point number 1. isn't an argument when you base it on an actual objective argumentation. It's subjective though I don't like the cult of Apple either. Being not cool with Apple politics of making money is one thing but analyzing their worksmanship, quality and comfort when using their products is a completely different question.

I HATE iPhones because their cost-benefit ratio is laughable. I would never buy one. Don't think I'm a blind Apple fanboy.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

1. The cult of Apple

There are so many reasons to hate Apple. I guess if you like to be controlled at every turn by a company and lose your choices, it's fine. Apple has had a lot of great innovations and their products work pretty well for the most part.

I don't want to be the same as everyone else
I don't want to be forced to get everything for my electronics/ gadgets from one company
I don't want to pay inflated prices for proprietary hardware/ software.

I would never step on the apple hamster wheel.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

Pretty damn fun. I clocked 3.5 hours yesterday because I was running back and forth to my computer during commercial and intermission breaks. :laugh:

First thing I did was waive Thorburn and put him on the trade block. Dallas gave me Scott Glennie for him. And for some reason the Capitals waived Chimera so I grabbed him. Traded Peluso for a pick and waived Slater despite his faceoff skillz. I don't 100% remember the lineup but it's something like this:

Ladd - Little - Perreault
Stafford - Scheifele - Wheeler
Chimera - Lowry - Frolik
Tlusty - Glennie - Stempniak

I also traded Pavelec and an early pick for Enroth. He's playing alright so far, and I started a rotation between him and Hutch. :naughty:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
You're the first person, I swear :laugh:

But let's be real: Point number 1. isn't an argument when you base it on an actual objective argumentation. It's subjective though I don't like the cult of Apple either. Being not cool with Apple politics of making money is one thing but analyzing their worksmanship, quality and comfort when using their products is a completely different question.

I HATE iPhones because their cost-benefit ratio is laughable. I would never buy one. Don't think I'm a blind Apple fanboy.

I use it a shorthand for: closed and proprietary systems, in addition to the generally cultish advertising and marketing practices utilized by Apple.

As for design and workmanship: yes, their Macs and MacBooks are very well built, and extremely sexy pieces of hardware. Their iPhones are too, until you realize that those beautiful cases have to be wrapped and hidden under covers to ensure you don't break the backs. Also: be careful about putting the new iPhones in your pocket - they don't work so well after they've been bent into a pretzel.

My Nokia has survived falls that I know would have killed my buddy's iPhone, and is no worse for wear, even without a case. Why bother with beautiful design if you have to treat it with kid gloves? It's a device that lives in the real world, not behind a glass case.

Sorry: just don't buy into the Apple hype, prefer other operating systems on my computers, dislike how difficult and time consuming they are to integrate into business environments. Bleh.

I'm not, however, disparaging someone's decision to purchase Apple products - this is my own value judgement, and nothing more.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I use it a shorthand for: closed and proprietary systems, in addition to the generally cultish advertising and marketing practices utilized by Apple.

As for design and workmanship: yes, their Macs and MacBooks are very well built, and extremely sexy pieces of hardware. Their iPhones are too, until you realize that those beautiful cases have to be wrapped and hidden under covers to ensure you don't break the backs. Also: be careful about putting the new iPhones in your pocket - they don't work so well after they've been bent into a pretzel.

My Nokia has survived falls that I know would have killed my buddy's iPhone, and is no worse for wear, even without a case. Why bother with beautiful design if you have to treat it with kid gloves? It's a device that lives in the real world, not behind a glass case.

Sorry: just don't buy into the Apple hype, prefer other operating systems on my computers, dislike how difficult and time consuming they are to integrate into business environments. Bleh.

I'm not, however, disparaging someone's decision to purchase Apple products - this is my own value judgement, and nothing more.

My iPhone has a pretty blue case that makes my eyes pop.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad