OT: Jets Lounge: Romang who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
On that note I do wish it was socially acceptable for guys to wear makeup for the same reason. I had a friend from highschool who unfortuantely has horrible acne even to this day, it destroyed his confidence and is killing him from the inside. It's pretty easy to cover up with a bit of makeup but if a guy is caught doing it the ridicule is probably too much to deal with.

Our society is pretty weird with stuff like that

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
On that note I do wish it was socially acceptable for guys to wear makeup for the same reason. I had a friend from highschool who unfortuantely has horrible acne even to this day, it destroyed his confidence and is killing him from the inside. It's pretty easy to cover up with a bit of makeup but if a guy is caught doing it the ridicule is probably too much to deal with.

It is. But on the flip side it's then also weird that very few girls can pull off looking good without makeup. If it were acceptable for dudes to wear it, mayhaps the expectation is then that we have to, and guys who don't would be deemed not good lookin.

It's a catch 23 situation.
I did say "as long as it is not something completely ridiculous". ;) That being said Michael Jackson is pretty tame these days compared to what some other people are doing, like this guy for example http://sploid.gizmodo.com/guy-spends-150-000-in-plastic-surgery-to-look-like-kim-1674014110

Nailed it.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It is. But on the flip side it's then also weird that very few girls can pull off looking good without makeup. If it were acceptable for dudes to wear it, mayhaps the expectation is then that we have to, and guys who don't would be deemed not good lookin.

That's true but I'd still rather have the option of putting on makeup, chose not to do it and suffer the consequences then have no choice in the matter. I think I'd look pretty cute with some foundation and blush ;)

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
So I'll be at Winnipeg airport from 9am or so. Flight leaves 12:40.

Will be wearing a jets toque and grey zip up hoodie and blue jeans. Come by if you can guys idk. Flying United.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg

He needs a prescription for Benzamycin. Very strong stuff, its in a paste form and needs refrigeration. Very strong, and works really well.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

How about

Anyone can choose to wear or not wear makeup and no one give anyone **** about it.

I'm not exactly a lipstick lesbian so I can't count the times I've been out and felt weird or stared at for not wearing makeup. At the same time a guy should be able to wear a bit if it makes him feel better, just as it makes some girls feel better.

Also imagine Buff. Or not.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I don't mind plastic surgery to be honest, if it makes someone feel better about themselves and is not something completely ridiculous, I can get behind it. I mean has a nose job ever hurt anyone?

Pretty much the same way. Mother got a face-lift in her middle years. She was quite a pretty lady when she was younger, so I can understand..she just did it to feel better about herself.

There are some things I don't care for. Like gargantuan breasts. Or the 'tattooed dots' on bald heads, I find silly. But hey, whatever rocks your boat. Some people get enhancements because it might help their career. I don't have to care for the look, but some people do. To each their own. Modify your body all you want; it's yours.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

I dunno, most women wear too much makeup, IMO. The best look with makeup is work that is done so well you can barely tell they are wearing makeup.

I've just always preferred waking up to the same person I went to bed with the night before. Less is more.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I usually don't mind waking up with a few extra people.

10/10 would read again. :laugh:

I seem to recall going to school with a guy that would wear makeup. I don't mean to imply that people didn't look at him sideways occasionally, because they certainly did, but it still might be better than the alternative. God knows we all have more important things to worry about than a dude wearing makeup. But who knows? It's certainly possible I'm not representative of the general social outlook.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
worst post ever.

Thank you for the honor, I'll wear it proudly.

10/10 would read again. :laugh:

I seem to recall going to school with a guy that would wear makeup. I don't mean to imply that people didn't look at him sideways occasionally, because they certainly did, but it still might be better than the alternative. God knows we all have more important things to worry about than a dude wearing makeup. But who knows? It's certainly possible I'm not representative of the general social outlook.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the early 1980s there were lots of guys wearing make up. Punk rock was pretty big at the time. ;)

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
It was so nice to see those old school Jets jerseys on NHL ice again last night!

[nhl]724060[/nhl]

461377860_slide.jpg

B7HWiByCcAEKVvT.jpg

B7HXeN7CQAArySU.jpg

B7Hd-qZCUAEZM60.jpg

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I dunno, most women wear too much makeup, IMO. The best look with makeup is work that is done so well you can barely tell they are wearing makeup.

I've just always preferred waking up to the same person I went to bed with the night before. Less is more.

My ex used to spend forever getting ready and when she emerged from the bathroom she looked pretty much the same as she had the night before after removing it.
She really didn't need it.

That is hard for someone who can get up, have a shower, shave, dress for work, and be in the car in less than 15 minutes, to get his head around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad