OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
So, when you will you be flying up to Winnipeg to attend a game? It's not like you live in New Zealand. ;)

Well if you must know, I’ve spent the last year technically working as a part timer because of a seizure
I had on December 31st of 2016 because I can’t get my DOT card for a whole year. So tomorrow I’m gonna try and get it(it’s literally just a regular physical) and if I can get it I can go back to making my driver pay. I’m a UPS driver. :) The plan is to make a trip to Winnipeg in the next few years but having spent the last year barely getting by, if I can start driving within the next couple weeks, I was thinking I could likely save enough to make the trip next spring when we make a serious run. ;)

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well if you must know, I’ve spent the last year technically working as a part timer because of a seizure
I had on December 31st of 2016 because I can’t get my DOT card for a whole year. So tomorrow I’m gonna try and get it(it’s literally just a regular physical) and if I can get it I can go back to making my driver pay. I’m a UPS driver. :) The plan is to make a trip to Winnipeg in the next few years but having spent the last year barely getting by, if I can start driving within the next couple weeks, I was thinking I could likely save enough to make the trip next spring when we make a serious run. ;)

Well, now I feel like a :dunce: :facepalm:

Sorry about your situation. I know you're a loyal, long-suffering fan and I'm sure many of us are looking forward to your making it up to the Peg.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
So... did anyone change their cellphone plan in the last week?

I will be today, funny I work for BellMTS so despite the ridiculous prices we endure up here in the Great White North the 20% off my bill does help alleviate some of the sting.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I just went through some emotional pain today.
Costco was selling a brand of cologne I liked for an insanely low price and I didn't hear about it until today and they've been sold out for weeks now. Normally $400 and was selling for $59.
I want to cry into a beer.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I just went through some emotional pain today.
Costco was selling a brand of cologne I liked for an insanely low price and I didn't hear about it until today and they've been sold out for weeks now. Normally $400 and was selling for $59.
I want to cry into a beer.
Creed Aventus? If so, don't cry too hard because you didn't stand much of a chance in getting one.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Yes.
Just bought a 100 ml split for $200 and then someone told me about Costco today. I'm assuming if the Costco staff were smart they bought most of it and sold online.
There was an average of 1 bottle per skid. People would rush in, dismantle and check the displays every morning at store opening. They almost always came away empty handed because the employees were snapping them up. Yep, kijiji was full of them (example still in Costco container).

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
There is a strong aftermarket for high end colognes.
I've started buying my colognes from a seller who buys mass bulk and breaks down brands into smaller decants.
I'll keep my eye out at Costco for future deals but won't hold my breath.

Reactions: jefferoni

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
There is a strong aftermarket for high end colognes.
I've started buying my colognes from a seller who buys mass bulk and breaks down brands into smaller decants.
I'll keep my eye out at Costco for future deals but won't hold my breath.

I feel like there are worlds out there that I am not aware of.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
And that's what we appreciates about you... ;)

Yea I am the same guy who has been to Vegas 20 plus times and has yet to spend my first dollar on gambling so I think I am all in or all out.

I have no problem with Cologne or gambling just stuff that seems to have past me by......it blows me away that there is an underground market for Cologne.

Reactions: jefferoni

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
A $4.99 bottle of Axe spray that lasts me a few months seems to work fine for me :dunno:

So, this must happen to you a lot. Cause, you know, truth in advertising. ;)

axe_effect2.jpg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
So, this must happen to you a lot. Cause, you know, truth in advertising. ;)

axe_effect2.jpg

Not going to lie, I started using Axe when I was 16 inspired by those commercials (as did 100s of thousands of other teenage boys I imagine). :laugh: 10 years later, I know that those commercials are the biggest case of false advertising ever but have come to appreciate the aroma of Axe

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
At intermediate school (age 11-13) we had to change for PE in our classrooms because the gym was under construction. Boys often went in first and let me tell you I have permanent nostril scarring from Axe fumes.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I never really knew how serious this concussion business was until this past week. A hockey buddy of mine got one snowboarding and passed away in his sleep. Luckily the NHL is starting to take it more serious, it could have been to little to late if something like this had happened to any of the players over the years.

Reactions: ps241

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
hooo boy was there a game and a half in Winnipeg last night, as the Bisons beat the Golden Bears in CanadaWest.

The Bears are so stacked, it's ridiculous, and MB took it to overtime and won. Beauty game.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wow huge props to Mariota and the Titans for a hell of a 2nd half comeback. That was really impressive on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad