OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Merry Christmas everyone. I had to sneak downstairs with some noise cancelling headphones on to configure the new Nintendo Switch. I must be getting old, even the old kids are driving me around the bend.

Peace on earth and good will to your fellow (hu)man, eh? Or at the very least, let's be nice to each other, at least until the next GDT :P

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Happy Holidays to all my fellow Jets fans! May you enjoy your time with family and friends.

While opinions may vary, in the end we are all passionate fans who want the same thing, the Jets to hoist the cup and of course a thorough systematic beating of the Leafs!

(Fall is my favorite season, hockey starts and leafs fall.)

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Silly Kiwi's and Australians, and your "day ahead" thing. :laugh: ;)

Out looking for bargains today, I take it?

Not reeeeally. Taking my younger cousins out so I might grab a few video games to play with him and that’s it. The deals aren’t what they used to be.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Boxing Day in Tokyo. +13c And I'm missing an actual White Christmas in Vancouver. Will I ever see one there again? -30 in the Peg tho....whoa

Merry Christmas to all

Last edited:
Reactions: 10Ducky10

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
22c here in Auckland/Hamilton. Got up to 25 yesterday, lovely and sunny. What's a white Christmas? ;)

Welp spent more than I wanted to out shopping.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Boxing Day in Tokyo. +13c And I'm missing an actual White Christmas in Vancouver. Will Ibevercse one there again? -30 in the Peg tho....whoa

Merry Christmas to all

Ibevercse? And is this one of those bucket list things, experience Christmas in Japan? The only thing on my bucket list is, gain immortality. Even if I have to carry around that stupid sword the rest of my days. :laugh:

Reactions: ps241

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Ibevercse? And is this one of those bucket list things, experience Christmas in Japan? The only thing on my bucket list is, gain immortality. Even if I have to carry around that stupid sword the rest of my days. :laugh:

Christmas in Japan is just a novelty. It's not a holiday.Not many Christians here. The real equivalent happens over New Year though.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Question, is the sports book section the equivalent of the old v cash? I took a look at it and it doesn't seems as entertaining as v cash used to be.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Any fans living down under? Have you any suggestions for live game stream feeds? So bloody difficult finding any here.

Omg another down under Jets fan! Where abouts in Aus are you from? I’m a kiwi through and through but have roots in Victoria.

I just bit the bullet and bought the official NHL TV subscription. It works almost all the time and we get every single game in the league on virtually any device. I don’t catch every game due to time zones so the easy replays are handy too. The price fluctuates depending on how your dollar is doing against the USD.

I think that’s our only legal option and it’s against the site rules here to post links to illegal streams. And honestly the convenience of the legal way is worth the price of admission.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For those of you who have Netflix they have just added “Sicario” which is a really solid movie IMO. If you haven’t seen it yet you should make sure you check it out.

The Fist

Fist full of dollars
Feb 9, 2014
Winnipeg
For those of you who have Netflix they have just added “Sicario” which is a really solid movie IMO. If you haven’t seen it yet you should make sure you check it out.

Terrific film, the trailer for the sequel popped up last week, Soldalo looks just as solid if not more so.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Made by a Canadian director to boot as well, if you liked it watch any of his other movies, they are all fantastic.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Awesome comeback by Cincinnati sends Buffalo Bills to the playoffs for the first time in a very long time :yo:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Watched a dreadful shot in Winnipeg flick called Stegman is Dead. Since it's local, I sat through the end credits to see if there were any names I recognized. In the Special Thanks To section was Zach Bogosian. I suppose it could be a different Zach Bogosian. Wonder if he still had Winnipeg connections at the time? The movie was shot here around March 2016.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That was insane and so much fun to watch.

In case anyone is wondering, when the Jets make a deep run(and they will ;) ), it is the biggest emotional roller coaster you’ll ever go on. :laugh: Man what a game though. So pumped! And I’m ten times the Jets fan over anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad