OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
A little explanation for my vitriol against our CFL neighbours to the West...

I did not want to see a Western team finish below us and crossover for an easier path to the Cup...

And more importantly I did not want to pay a bet that I made with a Rider fan during the Labour Day Classic... he bet that the Riders would win the Cup and I gave him 10:1 odds they wouldn't... DISASTER AVERTED! :D

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Thanks for asking! Well, you obviously know how the game went... that was the only blemish on the trip. Friday night, once we got settled into our AirBnB we set out for The Forks. We just walked around a bit and actually stumbled across the set of a future Hallmark Channel christmas movie. My wife loves those so she was excited to see that. We then walked up to the mall by the arena and chatted with the people at the sports apparel store. Bought some Devils and Flyers beer mugs, and then walked up to The Yellow Dog for a beer. Then hit The Pint for more beers and ran into some of the Devils media folks, which was fun. For dinner we got burgers at VJ’s and they were fantastic!

Saturday we just went to the game since we slept in. Your arena is very impressive! I’m not sure how it looked before the renovations but it’s easily one of the nicer buildings we’ve been to. Had some fun conversations with fans. Everyone was very friendly. After the game we watched the parade for a bit, which was nice. And then I met up with a diehard Devils fan from Manitoba at The Pint. That pretty much ended our night as we had a 7am flight out this morning.

We definitely enjoyed ourselves! The city and the people were great, and we liked that we could walk everywhere. It was really cold though everyone was telling us it gets colder, so we can’t believe you guys can put up with it haha.
Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for visiting! Our recent rink renos really made our rink look like a top NHL rink IMO, love the concourse upgrades! Good luck with your squad rest of season, I'm always rootin for Zaje, glad he's healthy!

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Wow what was Maas thinking on that play call in the end, he blew it! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Just idiotic. They were 3 and 4 but deep in Calgary territory so even if they turned it over on downs Calgary was still buried deep in their zone and the Eskies were in the same position needing a TD.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just idiotic. They were 3 and 4 but deep in Calgary territory so even if they turned it over on downs Calgary was still buried deep in their zone and the Eskies were in the same position needing a TD.

Seriously made no sense. I'm waiting to hear his explanation.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Made more sense than going for a 61 yard field goal, or trying a fake punt from your side of center. Just sayin', there are worse coaching decisions and they seem to happen here regularly.
I don't know, I would say this one is worse than those scenarios. It's almost like he didn't know the score. I mean they were within 20 yards to the end zone.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Hey: you guys can create an OT "Grey Cup" thread for the Final - no issues for me if you want a dedicated place to discuss the CFL playoffs. :nod:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Buddy of mine who lives in the St James area in Winnpeg texted me claiming to see a UFO in the sky outside his house tonight. Anyone see anything funny in the sky? I am pretty sure my buddy has been indulging in some monday night drinking ;)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks for asking! Well, you obviously know how the game went... that was the only blemish on the trip. Friday night, once we got settled into our AirBnB we set out for The Forks. We just walked around a bit and actually stumbled across the set of a future Hallmark Channel christmas movie. My wife loves those so she was excited to see that. We then walked up to the mall by the arena and chatted with the people at the sports apparel store. Bought some Devils and Flyers beer mugs, and then walked up to The Yellow Dog for a beer. Then hit The Pint for more beers and ran into some of the Devils media folks, which was fun. For dinner we got burgers at VJ’s and they were fantastic!

Saturday we just went to the game since we slept in. Your arena is very impressive! I’m not sure how it looked before the renovations but it’s easily one of the nicer buildings we’ve been to. Had some fun conversations with fans. Everyone was very friendly. After the game we watched the parade for a bit, which was nice. And then I met up with a diehard Devils fan from Manitoba at The Pint. That pretty much ended our night as we had a 7am flight out this morning.

We definitely enjoyed ourselves! The city and the people were great, and we liked that we could walk everywhere. It was really cold though everyone was telling us it gets colder, so we can’t believe you guys can put up with it haha.

Great to read and thanks for visiting.

Reactions: Colin226

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Buddy of mine who lives in the St James area in Winnpeg texted me claiming to see a UFO in the sky outside his house tonight. Anyone see anything funny in the sky? I am pretty sure my buddy has been indulging in some monday night drinking ;)
There was a lot of blowing snow last night - they closed HWY1 between Headingley and Portage because of poor visibility. He might have seen some weird light reflection in the blowing snow.

Reactions: JetsFan815

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Well, we do have a military base in St James. Who knows what might be going on there... ;)

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That wind was crazy last night. Woke up this morning to find our recycling bin literally 100 feet from our house almost on the side street. Usually that is due to the actual recycling crew leaving the bin like that, but it was still full :laugh:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well, we do have a military base in St James. Who knows what might be going on there... ;)

x-files-gif-12.gif

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It was probably just swamp gas or ball lightning. There are no aliens.

Statistically it's nearly impossible there are no aliens. I agree that's it's really really REALLY unlikely aliens flew dozens or hundreds of light years to create weird looking lights of a random city for a fleeting moment hahaha.

To be clear there's clearly no aliens around earth but it's unlikely this is only planet to develop life in the literal trillions upon trillions upon trillions of planets in the universe. I find it kinda arrogant to think we are that special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad