OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Ninja is good name for it, but, dude, too much info!

It took me a second to figure out what you meant. Now, I'm thinking I wish I hadn't taken that second. Eww. :laugh:

:laugh:

You really do approach life with an optimistic outlook, don't you? I would be like, **** this nonsense, I'll pick it up tomorrow. :laugh:

:D

As it turned out, everything worked out fine. It was pouring like mad and windy as hell on the way down to get the bike. Chatted with the old owner for a bit, and the skies cleared up a fair amount. Managed to get home with only getting slightly wet from spray from cars - I could literally see rain all around me from some menacing clouds, but I managed to thread the needle between them.

I do tend to get lucky from time to time - the benefit of being an optimist. :dunno: :D

Bike is fantastic, BTW. Tons of power, and very comfy compared to the old sport bike.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
:laugh:

:D

As it turned out, everything worked out fine. It was pouring like mad and windy as hell on the way down to get the bike. Chatted with the old owner for a bit, and the skies cleared up a fair amount. Managed to get home with only getting slightly wet from spray from cars - I could literally see rain all around me from some menacing clouds, but I managed to thread the needle between them.

I do tend to get lucky from time to time - the benefit of being an optimist. :dunno: :D

Bike is fantastic, BTW. Tons of power, and very comfy compared to the old sport bike.

If you didn't post tonight I would have assumed you didn't make it

:amazed:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok so I just tuned in to the last 20 minutes of the Soccer match between Toronto and Montreal and the atmosphere was great........very intense game. Crazy how the MLS is growing.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Ok so I just tuned in to the last 20 minutes of the Soccer match between Toronto and Montreal and the atmosphere was great........very intense game. Crazy how the MLS is growing.

Was the crowd singing? It ain't soccer if the crowd ain't singing. Could do without the vuvuzelas though. :laugh:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
This week turned out to be quite a hectic one... I got accepted to an university just last week, and now, in about three hours' time, I should be in a different city, visiting a house which I'd like to rent. I'm still shell-shocked by the fact that I managed to get in, and now it's all becoming a reality in such a short time.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
This week turned out to be quite a hectic one... I got accepted to an university just last week, and now, in about three hours' time, I should be in a different city, visiting a house which I'd like to rent. I'm still shell-shocked by the fact that I managed to get in, and now it's all becoming a reality in such a short time.

For linguistics right? Congrats on getting accepted!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Good luck!

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
RIP Dave Semenko

Old teammate of mine, was related to Dave, was his nephew. He was at a family event that Dave was at, many years ago, and he was getting ready for his first try out with the Selkirk Stealers.

Dave's advice to him for his first junior try out:

- Wear a bright jersey, and or skate laces, or stick tape, anything that makes you stand out in the crowd

- 1st scrimmage, grab and hang on to the puck for as long as you can, do not give it up.

- Last piece of advice, if you feel you still are not getting noticed, grab the biggest MF'er on the ice and beat the crap out of him.

Always get a kick out of that, as all three still work today.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Holy crap Netflix ****. Their auto-play preview has to be THE most annoying "feature" ever. You can't sit and brows shows in piece without some stupid preview of something you have no interest in playing. Naturally they don't have an option to disable it or even a way to give feedback about why you are cancling your account.

WerdnaG

Jun 27, 2017
Holy crap Netflix ****. Their auto-play preview has to be THE most annoying "feature" ever. You can't sit and brows shows in piece without some stupid preview of something you have no interest in playing. Naturally they don't have an option to disable it or even a way to give feedback about why you are cancling your account.

Ive never come across that.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Ive never come across that.

Apparently they started rolling it out in Jan but you could opt out of their testing program (which defaults to opt in) to disable it but as of last moth this stopped working. When it hits you is now apparently just a matter of when they roll out their newest app for your platform. I guess I could have started to mute the sound while I browsed like a lot of people are doing but that seemed like a PITA.

WerdnaG

Jun 27, 2017
Apparently they started rolling it out in Jan but you could opt out of their testing program (which defaults to opt in) to disable it but as of last moth this stopped working. When it hits you is now apparently just a matter of when they roll out their newest app for your platform. I guess I could have started to mute the sound while I browsed like a lot of people are doing but that seemed like a PITA.

So if your just chewing through shows on a binge watch....there is ads in between?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad