OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Same. Though it's a telling sign of how irrelevant boxing has become, that you need a sideshow like this to attract any kind of PPV audience.

To be fair to boxing, this will probably mark the Biggest PPV ever. Boxing still has the possibility of high top end (If they can find a new top star), but UFC can do solid numbers with an average card.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Oh geez. the payouts are ridiculous for these two. I have a feeling mayweather will finish this fight in under a minute.

I am more excited to see Ward vs Kovalev 2 honestly, that is going to be a good fight. I have not watched much boxing in a long time but the hour long preview I watched the other night was really good. I used to be a huge UFC/MMA fan but over the past few years I have slowly lost interest as I have found it to be oversaturated and the events more frequent and less exciting.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...v-2-revenge-racism-and-betrayal/#6b4b4e042e74

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Connor will instinctly choke Mayweather out in the first round, lose via disqualification but will have the pleasure of knocking him out.

That is about the only way he wins. I will hazard a guess he will be lucky to hit on 5% of his punches, and Mayweather will toy with him until he wants to end it.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
If you loved Death Race 2000, Grindhouse and the chipper scene in Fargo (and who didn't?), you have to watch Blood Drive on Space. Can you imagine someone from the 50's whose last TV experience was Ozzie and Harriet, being awakened from suspended animation and this is what they see? Come to think of it, that would be a great premise for a TV show. Yeah, yeah I know. It's kinda already been done in Blast From the Past.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This website is becoming unusable on mobile due to all the ads. I don't mind ads but the ones HF is serving now frequently freeze my browser on mobile and do a number on the CPU usage and battery life. Even if your ads are intrusive and annoying the bare minimum for a website needs to be that they are not actively making it unusable on a specific platform

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This website is becoming unusable on mobile due to all the ads. I don't mind ads but the ones HF is serving now frequently freeze my browser on mobile and do a number on the CPU usage and battery life. Even if your ads are intrusive and annoying the bare minimum for a website needs to be that they are not actively making it unusable on a specific platform

I get no ads on my iPhone or iPad as long as I use the mobile display (which I actually prefer)

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
My HC jersey arrived today!

Nice addition to the collection. :yo:

ueOgweW.jpg

Oh and my degree arrived too.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Connor will instinctly choke Mayweather out in the first round, lose via disqualification but will have the pleasure of knocking him out.

That is about the only way he wins. I will hazard a guess he will be lucky to hit on 5% of his punches, and Mayweather will toy with him until he wants to end it.

On the contrary, McGregor has already won before even attempting a punch.

V1jlg2R.jpg

I also bet there is a clause in the contract that Mcgregor gives up a crap-ton of money if he uses MMA moves.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

I get no ads on my iPhone or iPad as long as I use the mobile display (which I actually prefer)

Mobile version of the site should be ad-free, per our webmaster.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/announcement.php?f=68&a=201

Mobile users should be aware that the desktop site is not designed for mobile devices, nor are its ads.
The mobile version of the site is ad-free for logged in members.

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Try Firefox. My ads are minimal and manageable on mobile. Frankly the lowest draining thing I do on this thing. LGs I tells ya....

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Happy Midsummer to anyone who celebrates it
I'm in Sweden right now and apparently it's a big deal.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Happy Midsummer to anyone who celebrates it
I'm in Sweden right now and apparently it's a big deal.

Oh do we ever. I just came home from work a little after 6 am, and tango is blasting loud from somewhere behind the forest in my rural surroundings.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I came to work today thinking I had 6 hours of OT to do, but I was sent a company email 10 minutes before I left on Friday that OT is cancelled and they asked me to acknowledge. I didn't acknowledge because I was likely using the bathroom and getting ready to leave.

Spent 45 minutes on an 11 bus from Unicity to Downtown so I'm a little pissed. There anything I can do? Nobody tried to call me all weekend or run over and talk to me while I was still here on Friday.

edit - I shouldn't write angry messages, they fixed things first thing on Monday

Last edited:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I came to work today thinking I had 6 hours of OT to do, but I was sent a company email 10 minutes before I left on Friday that OT is cancelled and they asked me to acknowledge. I didn't acknowledge because I was likely using the bathroom and getting ready to leave.

Spent 45 minutes on an 11 bus from Unicity to Downtown so I'm a little pissed. There anything I can do? Nobody tried to call me all weekend or run over and talk to me while I was still here on Friday.

Enjoy the many fine shopping and dining options the downtown has to offer? ;)

I expect they would just say it's your responsibility to check your email before you leave. When I was working, I had my work email come to my phone as well, so I could check it easily from anywhere outside of normal business hours.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Figures. Picking up a new motorcycle tonight, and the skies around Toronto have decided to open up: 70km winds, hail, rain, and possible funnel clouds.

:laugh:

Haven't purchased a new bike in about 16 years - new one has a "rain mode", traction control, and ABS - all things foreign to me and my old crotch-rocket Ninja, so hopefully they come in handy tonight. Wish me luck! :scared:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Ninja is good name for it, but, dude, too much info!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Figures. Picking up a new motorcycle tonight, and the skies around Toronto have decided to open up: 70km winds, hail, rain, and possible funnel clouds.

:laugh:

Haven't purchased a new bike in about 16 years - new one has a "rain mode", traction control, and ABS - all things foreign to me and my old crotch-rocket Ninja, so hopefully they come in handy tonight. Wish me luck! :scared:

You really do approach life with an optimistic outlook, don't you? I would be like, **** this nonsense, I'll pick it up tomorrow. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad