Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Out of curiosity who would you change out ? Maybe Neo and Perfetti , put Neo in front of the net, big guy not easy to move out of the front of the net and let Perfetti QB the 2nd unit might be one thing to try.

Probably nobody right now. Give them an opportunity to practice something else and if they try to go back to their default then pull them off until it sticks. They need to be willing to play and more specifically shoot from anywhere; not just their preferred spot on the ice.

Reactions: Jets 31 and surixon

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets PP is in the Bottom 5 of the league:
CF/60: 31st in the NHL
SF/60: 28th
xGF/60: 32nd
GF/60: 23rd

The Jets PK is also below league average:
CA/60: 21st
SA/60: 13th
xGA/60: 20th
GA/60: 27th

Reactions: hn777

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
I have intentionally avoided any games against Montreal or Toronto. I have had numerous opportunities to see those teams and always chose other games. I have been a 10 games a year guy ever since they returned.
I can't stand an atmosphere where half the fans are cheering for the other team. I assume most of those people never cheer for the Jets. I guess us Winnipeggers dump those seats on ticket master and make a profit which explains the number of Habs and Leafs jerseys in the stands.
I am glad I wasn't there last night and I will never see those teams live as long as I am going to games.
Out.
Preach!

Reactions: kanadalainen

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
We wouldn't even be bitching about the refs if our powerplay didn't suck balls and our PK didn't give up 2 (although I'm not sure how often a 4-3 kill is practiced or worked on)

PP sitting at 28th in the league at 16.1%... unacceptable with the amount of skill we have up front. Teams are obviously able to watch tape in what we do and come up.wirh a very simple.way of countering it
Regarding PP....I miss the Buff Blast from the point. I hate the pass,pass,pass that has been our calling card for years now.

Reactions: sipowicz

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
So ........ Jets a little full of themselves. Spent too much time reading their own press clippings (OK, internet equivalent). Apparently they think they are so good they don't need to try against Habs and Sharks.

I hope they wake up and smell the coffee before their next game with a non PO team. :mad:
I agree. Losing to the garbage teams is just throwing points out the window. They work their butts off to get those same points off the good teams why let up steam?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Who is the Jets radio play by play guy. He is good. I was listening to the jets radio feed in the truck on satellite radio. You get the feeling he could be calling the play by play of paint drying and he would make it sound exciting
To each their own, glad you like him.
To me it’s like listening to a carnival barker with a 3 pack a day smoking problem.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I agree. Losing to the garbage teams is just throwing points out the window. They work their butts off to get those same points off the good teams why let up steam?
Wouldn’t beating a good team you are competing against be worth more? When we beat Colorado we aren’t just getting 2 pints we are stopping them from getting 2 points.

Reactions: Jet and Stumbledore

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The Jets PP is in the Bottom 5 of the league:
CF/60: 31st in the NHL
SF/60: 28th
xGF/60: 32nd
GF/60: 23rd

The Jets PK is also below league average:
CA/60: 21st
SA/60: 13th
xGA/60: 20th
GA/60: 27th
One would hope the Jets have plans in place to address this.
To keep the same system and coaching structure for special teams is not wise

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Too me that's the answer, stop looking for the perfect pass, especially when we aren't moving around and start shooting the puck. Ya you may miss but you may get a fortunate bounce as well. At the very least you have to switch Scheifele and Perfetti spots, Perfetti does us no good in the middle because he can get boxed out too easily.
Perfetti is easily boxed out because Scheifele is stationary so the two defenders can just stand there and take away any lanes with their sticks. 55 needs to go the bumper. He is elite in the middle and at shooting. He is terrible in the half wall.

91-55-27
That is the way they should align for pp1.

But what is likely to happen with this staff and this group of players is just move out 91 to 2nd pp and bring in Nino or AI to the first unit. They keep all the big dogs happy and can say to media and fans they made changes.

Out of curiosity who would you change out ? Maybe Neo and Perfetti , put Neo in front of the net, big guy not easy to move out of the front of the net and let Perfetti QB the 2nd unit might be one thing to tr

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Wouldn’t beating a good team you are competing against be worth more? When we beat Colorado we aren’t just getting 2 pints we are stopping them from getting 2 points.
If you're just getting 2 pints you're an amateur and we can't be friends.:laugh:

Every game is 2 points. The 2 points against Colorado are sweeter in a sense because they are a division rival and many of the hoi polloi may have marked it on the calendar as a likely loss.

But that win is undone in a sense by losing to a team we in theory should have beaten handily. We got a point and the Habs are in the East so it stings a little less maybe but the aggregate of the 2 games(COL, MTL) is 1-0-1 when after winning the tough one we should have been full steam ahead to beat the weaker team.

Bad bounces, horrible special teams and blind deaf and dumb zebras all worked against us. We are only 3 points ahead of Nashville who sit in 4th. Winning the games we should like SJ, MTL and a couple others goes a long way to ensure we aren't playing a 1 seed in the first round of the playoffs.

Reactions: MelikeJets

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Not in any way cheering for injuries to players; in a perfect world I'd like to see every teams 20 best play against our 20 best and may the truly best team win. Mention that because Husso and Lyon out for the Wings and they've signed an old friend. Michael Hutchinson might just be between the pipes for the Wings. A little soon to get him in a game maybe but one never knows.

Also Jake Oettinger who is one of my favorite G who is not a member of the Jets out week to week.
We don't play Dallas again until February but they may feel his loss in the short term.

Reactions: hn777 and GNP

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Not in any way cheering for injuries to players; in a perfect world I'd like to see every teams 20 best play against our 20 best and may the truly best team win. Mention that because Husso and Lyon out for the Wings and they've signed an old friend. Michael Hutchinson might just be between the pipes for the Wings. A little soon to get him in a game maybe but one never knows.

Also Jake Oettinger who is one of my favorite G who is not a member of the Jets out week to week.
We don't play Dallas again until February but they may feel his loss in the short term.
Is Oettnger that good or just that he takes up the whole front of the net?

Reactions: GNP

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Is Oettnger that good or just that he takes up the whole front of the net?
In games I've watched he does appear quite good. He does take up a fair bit of the net though. Our hardest shooters should be trying to put the puck right through him.:naughty:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
In games I've watched he does appear quite good. He does take up a fair bit of the net though. Our hardest shooters should be trying to put the puck right through him.:naughty:

He's had a down year this year but Dallas doesn't seem to mind. They're doing just as well with Wedgewood.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
How important are special teams?
Every team has its up and downs during the season just look at the scores and specials teams tonight.
Cane winning 6-1 over VGK ... Canes are 3 for 3 and Vegas is 0 for 3 on the PP.
Oilers are losing 3-1 to NYI ... Isles are 2 for 2 and Oilers are 0 for 3 on the PP.
Leafs are losing 4-2 to NYR ... NYR are 2 for 2 and Leafs have zero PPs.
You can usually point the finger at special teams for majority of the teams when they are on a winning or losing streak.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and GNP

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
He's had a down year this year but Dallas doesn't seem to mind. They're doing just as well with Wedgewood.
Yeah I just looked up the Dallas goalie stats and Wedgewood is 7-1-2. He beat us once of course and Oettinger shut us out in our other loss to Dallas

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Creating confusion among the defending team seems like a good idea, A team on the PP that is constantly in motion will eventually lead to a defensive breakdown we can capitalize on.
This is why I like Ehlers on the power play. He zig zags around in the offensive zone, and defenders back off, allowing more time and space to set up a nice play. They need to use this type of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille