Post-Game Talk: Jets lose crucial game 3-1

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not convinced that it's inevitable. Trade 55 for a decent haul and try selling 80 on being the "Big Guy" here. Aren't his dad, mom and younger sister living in Winnipeg, another selling feature?
PLD has made it pretty clear he doesn’t want to be here. Having mom dad and little sister around is not necessarily a draw for a millionaire athlete in their mid 20’s. It is pretty obvious by now a lot of these guys have one foot out the door and are counting down the days until the make their exit.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'm not convinced that it's inevitable. Trade 55 for a decent haul and try selling 80 on being the "Big Guy" here. Aren't his dad, mom and younger sister living in Winnipeg, another selling feature?
brah if you were in your mid 20s, good looking, pro athlete with $$$ you wanna be close to mom and dad?

(half kidding)

Reactions: rkp and hockeyarena

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Bottom line we win that game or at least get a point if our PP was even half decent. I don't know why we don't move it around faster and shoot more, i just don't get it. It's a deflating thing when the PP can't score, i so wanted us to get a goal when Markstrom did that weasel shit to Dubois but we didn't even come close.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
I'm convinced this team has fewer than 10 real, full on practices per year. It's pathetic. But something something travel, something something union mandated week off.
Fof such a fast game depending on accuracy and timing, the lack of practise time during the season and before has always baffled me. I realize the union involvement limits it........but is that in favour of players....doesn't seem so.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Strangely, I don't feel bad. Like when you've given up on a relationship.
I agree but I still hope there are some playoff dates because I feel if they do not make it this year it will be a good 5 or 6 years before the next white out

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Extremely frustrating. For some reasons I let them to get my hopes up only just to get disappointed later on.
I think all of us fans are waiting for this team to run the corner and even a small sample size of success draws us back into the 'danger zone'
I just hope they can at least beat NSV but have a feeling they will get Sarrosed

Reactions: UFO and sipowicz

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018

In my opinion, I do not think practice should be optional especially this time of the year. This tells me this team is not taking the prospect of the playoffs seriously at all and rather be golfing. During this off season the core is either dismantled or Chevy goes there is no third option.

This is par for the course. Country Club mentality.
There's a joke in there somewhere.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Couldn't agree more!
Schief, Connor and the old Wheezer more interested in personal stats than winning!

perhaps.
however, if the Flames on a b2b after a pretty embarassing L to the lowly blackhawks can muster up a W i think we can too.
Jets look to be purposely missing the PO’s, bunch of the slackards can’t get out of here fast enough!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Hellebuyck has been way below average for the last 6 weeks, and combined with the lack of finish and the ineffectual powerplay since basically the start of 2023, it's been more than enough to torpedo the Jets.

Hellebuyck is currently 6th with a +0.44 GSAA/60 and a .918 SV% (all situations) for the season to date. Pretty good! But...

...Over the last 6 weeks he's 24th at -0.08 GSAA/60 with an .898 SV%.

From the start of the season up 6 weeks ago, he was 3rd with a +0.65 GSAA/60 and .926 SV%.

The powerplay over the last 6 weeks is 31st in the NHL with an abysmally low conversion rate of 13.2%.

The big wins over Detroit and New Jersey had me thinking, well, if they can get their SH% back up and get decent goaltending and maybe get the powerplay working we could be in business. But alas...
Yeah he hasn't been great in the second half.
I've been concerned a bit of his career workload, and def not improving this year.
I know his playstyle isn't super reliant on athleticism or flexibility however at some point seeing that much puck and those minutes will wear down on you. But we will go as far as he takes us probably, and there's no chance of resting now.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

In my opinion, I do not think practice should be optional especially this time of the year. This tells me this team is not taking the prospect of the playoffs seriously at all and rather be golfing. During this off season the core is either dismantled or Chevy goes there is no third option.

No kidding. Lol. Optional practice when you suck????
Should have freaking bag skated them. (Yes, I know that’s counter productive).

I’m tired of the coddling of this team.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
No kidding. Lol. Optional practice when you suck????
Should have freaking bag skated them. (Yes, I know that’s counter productive).

I’m tired of the coddling of this team.

The CBA requires a certain number of off days/optional days I think, but hopefully there's nothing Good about Friday's practice for the team.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
brah if you were in your mid 20s, good looking, pro athlete with $$$ you wanna be close to mom and dad?

(half kidding)
I dunno, I thought in his first interview when he got traded here he said the whole fam was pretty close? He said during the pandemic him and his sister came to winnipeg to be with the parents and got bikes and explored the city so he was pretty familiar with winnipeg already.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
According to playoff status

Jets 68%
Flames 19%
Nashville 13%

Nashville and Jets control their destiny. Flames do not
Deserve the playoff wheel of misfortune ….
Whirrrrrrrrrrrclackclack clack clack clack clack clack clack
Oops 68 busts :laugh:

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not giving up on the playoffs but the Jets better play their ass's off Saturday in what is the biggest game of the regular season to date. Don't care how they win just want a 110% from everyone.

Reactions: GNP and Luc Labelle

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
In 2023 drafting players based on country of birth over BPA is about the most ridiculous suggestion ever.
When the team purposely ignores the top country for hockey talent (as per distribution of scouts), then it proves you statement correct. The team has floated on their reputation for drafting well the first few seasons for years now, their drafting in recent years (last draft too early to tell) has kinda stunk.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Schief, Connor and the old Wheezer more interested in personal stats than winning!

Jets look to be purposely missing the PO’s, bunch of the slackards can’t get out of here fast enough!
I think one of the several problems with Scheifele is that he thinks every play needs to be a Play of the Day candidate on every sports network or it doesn’t count. He needs to know that garbage goals count just as much.

The stars on this team have been giving up the puck with unnecessary extra passes for months now.

The other possibility is that Scheifele is quite quitting at the expense of his stats rather than trying to boost them. He should have 50 goals by now… at this rate he won’t get 40.

Reactions: sipowicz and DRW204

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
When the team purposely ignores the top country for hockey talent (as per distribution of scouts), then it proves you statement correct. The team has floated on their reputation for drafting well the first few seasons for years now, their drafting in recent years (last draft too early to tell) has kinda stunk.
Sincere question.....are you referring to the Jets with your first sentence?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad