GDT: Jets@Leafs 7PM HNIC CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Let me say it this way, Gardiner was the indicator ( To ME) of the system breaking down.
If that's true, then I apologize, but when youre saying he's "confused AF again" then lie about the play, it doesn't come off as him simply being an indicator because others are out of position and he's responding.

Reactions: bennylundholm

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Meaningless game for both teams really. Annoying to see the Jets taking so many liberties given the situation. Even worse that it's enabled by the refs.
Come on ... Winnipeg stepped up the intensity and the Leafs have turned to complaining to the refs. Compete isn't a buzz word and it's the difference of the game so far. Winnipeg wants it more.

JVR single handily makes his line crap when the games intensity picks up he disappears. So tired that people lump Bozak into this. JVR can't play intense battle hockey that's progressively gotten worst for each of the past 3 years. Momentum changes always start by the opposition eating him up.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I agree, I wouldn't call it rigged. But I do think its a lack of respect to our club. I mean, if this was TBL, BOS, PIT... heck even CHI still... the refs would call the game differently. The fact that the Leafs are one of the best teams in the NHL with relatively few PP opportunities is telling.
Really telling IMHO!

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
They've actually been really good all season. Numbers back it up.

They have been good offensively, especially JVR. His a fantastic finisher close to net.

While they have put up good offensive numbers, it still doesn't mean they've been good defensively. Why do you think their so sheltered by Babcock? Why is that 30+ goal scorer JVR is having record low ice time for the amount of goals his scored?

It's not complicated, they've been good offensively in the last little while since Brown joined that line (since he can do the hard work defensively), but are and have been weak defensively. That part hasn't changed.

One can point that player x is weak defensively, while still valuing their overall game (mainly offensive production).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad