Injury Report: Jets Injury List (Enstrom, Little)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galbatross

Oct 29, 2013
I've noticed that injury reporting has disappeared from here in /jets.

Injured
Enstrom (day to day. )
Clitsome (Day to Day )

Injuries this Season
Evander Kane (Knee - 8 Games)
Anthony Peluso (Upper Body - 10/24/14)
Zach Bogosian (Upper Body - 10/28/14)
Grant Clitsome (Illness - 11/18/14)
Toby Enstorm (Lower Body - 4 Games)
Mathieu Perreault (Wrist - 1 Game)
Adam Lowry ($4,453.41)
Bryan Little ( 11/29/14 )
Grant Clitsome (12/03/14)

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I've noticed that injury reporting has disappeared from here in /jets. Is this due to a rule change or something other than lack of interest?

Anyone is welcome to generate a thread about an injury. :nod:

I think you may have volunteered. :) We could create a catch-all injury thread, as some of the other team forums have. Again, feel free!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Aren't the Jets kind of Belechik-ian in terms of their injury reports?

Actually it's an NHL thing, other teams know a certain players injury and they go after that guy and body part like buzzards!:bat:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Aren't the Jets kind of Belechik-ian in terms of their injury reports?

I come in peace, just wanted to see exactly what happened with Little. I'm admittedly myopic when it comes to most other teams. Hell, until today, I thought Michael Hutchinson was the lead singer of INXS - he had some DAMN good saves out there.

Hope Little has a speedy recovery - hockey's always better when all teams are at full strength. Looks like it was a blocked shot off the wrist. The Bruins know that bones can REALLY be broken when blocking shots - even big leg bones.

As for being Belichickian - I think that's the whole NHL. There are only two types of injuries - upper and lower body. Although we did have a mysterious "core" injury (surprised it wasn't called a middle body injury) at the start of the year. But heck, we've had players out like Marchand, Lucic, and Kelly who have had NO info released, and have just been "out". Kinda makes me wonder if after a player gets traded, he briefs his new team about his old team's injuries, or if there's a "code" against that.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Actually it's an NHL thing, other teams know a certain players injury and they go after that guy and body part like buzzards!:bat:

Sorry that holds no water......the NFL has the most detailed injury of any league but maybe NFL players are just too nice to use the info? Lol

I really hate how the nhl handles injury info ....like its a world secret lol

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Some teams are more forthcoming. They actually report " mcl sprain 3-4 weeks." The jets would say "lower body week to week"

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Sorry that holds no water......the NFL has the most detailed injury of any league but maybe NFL players are just too nice to use the info? Lol

I really hate how the nhl handles injury info ....like its a world secret lol

Agreed. I'd much prefer a league wide consistent policy on injury reporting.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Here's an example of a team being forthcoming about an injury. If it was a Jet it would be upper body week to week

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Fractured finger for OTT's Bobby Ryan, who was slashed last night in FLA. No definitive timeline yet on how long he'll be out.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Enstrom was day to day, and our next game is on wednesday, so he will likely slot in.

We will likely find out about little after the next practice. First we will learn if he is practicing and I what color jersey, then Maurice will update after practice. I doubt we will hear anything before that, does anyone know when the next practice is?

It's a process......

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I have never understood the entitlement attitude of some fans and especially the media regarding news about injuries. It's confidential medical information. Other players could also target the injured area in future games. We all know this happens.

Maximum secrecy on injuries is a good thing. End of story.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I have never understood the entitlement attitude of some fans and especially the media regarding news about injuries. It's confidential medical information. Other players could also target the injured area in future games. We all know this happens.

Maximum secrecy on injuries is a good thing. End of story.

It's an awkward area, for certain.

I don't know if the law is provincial or federal, but for certain here in Manitoba, the personal nature of medical information is entrenched in law. It should not be shared at all without a waiver. The Jets providing it is illegal.

Providing vague information may be their version of a reasonable compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad