Post-Game Talk: Jets hang on, beat Arizona 4-3

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Plus, MTL doesn't need those guys-they're after a C. Although they probably wouldn't say NO to Frenchy even if he is a bum.:snide:

Yes, their top need is a C, but they need everything else too. But they really don't have much that I would want. The few players I might be interested in would either be priced too high or be unavailable.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Yes, their top need is a C, but they need everything else too. But they really don't have much that I would want. The few players I might be interested in would either be priced too high or be unavailable.
Indeed they're a hot mess right now. Bergevin gutted their back end with crazy-bad trades.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Indeed they're a hot mess right now. Bergevin gutted their back end with crazy-bad trades.

Yup. Their F corps is a bit of a mess too and they have almost nothing in their pipeline. They have 3 top 6 LW, maybe all 1st line but no 1C and not much at RW either.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I think Dano has played himself off the team. He played with some good jump for a couple of games when he got his chance, but has been pretty meh after that. He played well enough last night, motivated, no doubt, by the presence of his dad in the stands. He still couldn't bury the puck on a couple of exceptional chances. Most of the time he's just taking up a spot.
Matthias also has played himself off the team. We need to make room for the guys who are playing themselves onto the team like Connor, Roslovic, and possibly Petan.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Dano has played himself off the team. He played with some good jump for a couple of games when he got his chance, but has been pretty meh after that. He played well enough last night, motivated, no doubt, by the presence of his dad in the stands. He still couldn't bury the puck on a couple of exceptional chances. Most of the time he's just taking up a spot.
Matthias also has played himself off the team. We need to make room for the guys who are playing themselves onto the team like Connor, Roslovic, and possibly Petan.

Missed 2 scoring chances - bust. Pretty small sample size, I think. He played pretty well last night, IMO. Obviously I'd have liked his game better if he had buried those 2 but I'm not going to make anything out of the misses. We know he can score if he is getting opportunities. Last night he was in position to get the opportunities.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
@jefferoni how you gonna spend all your vMonies?
Well looky there, SLAYER... do I see 5 of us HFJets fans among the 25 Richest Members in all of HFBoards?!? :cool: Congrats to @DashingDane, @MidWestJet and @larmex99 :thumbu:

RichestMembers.png

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Lemieux appears to be out with the return of Scheifele. Who else? I assume Lowry, Tanev and Hendricks will each displace a current roster player. Lowry for Dano. Tanev for Petan? Hendricks for Roslovic?

kaolinite

Oct 24, 2013
I'm just waiting to see a Laine , Petan, Wheeler Combo.
The shot , the pass and the driver.

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
This is fantastic.

I wanted to get 1million vmonies by only betting on Jets games this season. this is the closest I've gotten so far... might to all-in again on Friday.

Haha! I was trying to do the same though I’ve bet on a couple of other games as well. Let’s grab those first 3 spots!

Reactions: jefferoni

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Lemieux appears to be out with the return of Scheifele. Who else? I assume Lowry, Tanev and Hendricks will each displace a current roster player. Lowry for Dano. Tanev for Petan? Hendricks for Roslovic?
I think Roslo has played his way onto the team at the expense of someone else. Most likely Tanev/Hendricks/ copp

Reactions: 10Ducky10 and GNP

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
not Copp but yes...they need to make room for him somewhere

Copp and Lowry as a tandem (when healthy) have their spots locked up.
Roslovic may be a waiver victim in the short term this month.
The Jets may be forced to send him back to the AHL for a short stint.
After the deadline I'm sure he's with the Jets no matter what.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Roslovic may be a waiver victim in the short term this month.
The Jets may be forced to send him back to the AHL for a short stint.

As a practical matter in order to make Roslovic eligible for the AHL playoffs he needs to be on the Moose roster on TD day otherwise he cannot play in the playoffs. Same goes for Petan and Poolman. It's entirely possible that one or two or even all three get temporarily sent down just for that purpose. Once the TD ends they can be recalled.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
As a practical matter in order to make Roslovic eligible for the AHL playoffs he needs to be on the Moose roster on TD day otherwise he cannot play in the playoffs. Same goes for Petan and Poolman. It's entirely possible that one or two or even all three get temporarily sent down just for that purpose. Once the TD ends they can be recalled.

Just a note, you only have 4 recalls between TD and end of season. So if the Jets decide to do that they would use up most of their recalls. In that case they would have just one recall left. Note that emergency recalls are exempt from this, but then you'd have to wait until you are shorthanded on your roster.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Missed 2 scoring chances - bust. Pretty small sample size, I think. He played pretty well last night, IMO. Obviously I'd have liked his game better if he had buried those 2 but I'm not going to make anything out of the misses. We know he can score if he is getting opportunities. Last night he was in position to get the opportunities.

I'm not basing my comments on just last nights game. Off hand I'm not sure the total games he's played, but he's had a reasonable amount of playing time to prove he belongs. I feel we have better options.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Just a note, you only have 4 recalls between TD and end of season. So if the Jets decide to do that they would use up most of their recalls. In that case they would have just one recall left. Note that emergency recalls are exempt from this, but then you'd have to wait until you are shorthanded on your roster.
Aside from Roslovic, Petan, and Poolman, who else are the Jets going to call up on a non-emergency basis?

Reactions: KingBogo

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jet's played like bums !!! - they probably deserved to lose that game vs Coyotes. The whole game was hacky, and lacked rhythm. The Jet's didn't play well at all, and didn't play with their usual passion, and were not skating hard.

1) Helle- let in 2 really soft goals, and had no focus - "reminded me of last year's Helle"

2) Buff was pretty steady out there -- no dumb penalties and scored a goal.

3) Petan looked pretty decent, and looks like he gave an effort.

4) Lemieux did not look good, plus took a dumb penalty.

I thought we were going to lose that game in the end -- like we would have last year. I hope that game was just an aberration, and the Jet's get back to Jet's Hockey.

Reactions: TheGovernment

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Aside from Roslovic, Petan, and Poolman, who else are the Jets going to call up on a non-emergency basis?

Not really worried about it myself, I just was just noting it.

Also of note is that in the past the Jets have been VERY hesistant to use callup's post deadline, almost always waiting for an emergency recall. Don't exactly know what the logic in that was, just the way they've done it.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

I'm aware of that rule as well. I have no idea what the Jets intend to do with these players but was just pointing out something else that they will be considering down the road.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm aware of that rule as well. I have no idea what the Jets intend to do with these players but was just pointing out something else that they will be considering down the road.

Figured you would know it, but not everyone does which is why I was just highlighting an interesting sidenote on your point. Just an interesting roster management they'll have to deal with.

Much of it will likely come down to health of the Jets at the TD.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Figured you would know it, but not everyone does. Just an interesting roster management they'll have to deal with.

Much of it will likely come down to health of the Jets at the TD.

I probably should have included Hutch as well in the same scenario

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
That feeling some people have that's making them think the Jets didn't play well - it was just the closeness of the score that made it seem like a bad game. It wasn't a masterpiece by any means, but the Jets controlled the game and deserved to win. The Coyotes generated approximately jack-shit offensively and were it not for an uncharacteristically bad night from Hellebuyck and a bunch of penalties, that game would've been 4-1. It wasn't really close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad