Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Question: if the Jets do finish in a lottery position and win the draft lottery to pick 1st in 2015, what do you think the offers would be to move up to #1?

Now no team would trade the pick, including the Jets, but I wonder how crazy the offers would be? Talon said he received offers that exceeded the value of the pick, in his opinion, so how goofy could the offers get next June.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Question: if the Jets do finish in a lottery position and win the draft lottery to pick 1st in 2015, what do you think the offers would be to move up to #1?

Now no team would trade the pick, including the Jets, but I wonder how crazy the offers would be? Talon said he received offers that exceeded the value of the pick, in his opinion, so how goofy could the offers get next June.

4 - 1sts

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
:jets
Crosby

:pens
Byfuglien

Jets get their #1C, Pens get the help on the blueline they need.

Thoughts?

I'd do it, but I think a lot of people here would be upset because Crosby is 27, and therefore very unlikely to be able to merge with the younger core. :sarcasm:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I can't even begin to imagine. A teams best two or three blue chippers, picks, and additional young roster players.

I'd think you would need something obscene to trade away McDavid or Eichel, and even then you might regret it in the future.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I can't even begin to imagine. A teams best two or three blue chippers, picks, and additional young roster players.

I'd think you would need something obscene to trade away McDavid or Eichel, and even then you might regret it in the future.

Agree, I just don't see anyone moving a franchise calibre player like those kids. In the Jets case either/or would just fit too well with the younger core.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I'd do it, but I think a lot of people here would be upset because Crosby is 27, and therefore very unlikely to be able to merge with the younger core. :sarcasm:

Yeah, he`ll likely be too old by the time we`re ready to compete.
Well played, I actually laughed out loud.

Gotta start the new thread off right :laugh:

As for if we are lucky enough to win the McJesus lottery, we would likely get ridiculous offers for that pick. Ridiculous offers that we`d still have to refuse :laugh:

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
What if say buffalo had number 2 and number 3 and we could grab eichel and hanifan. Still get our number one c and a great lhd.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
What if say buffalo had number 2 and number 3 and we could grab eichel and hanifan. Still get our number one c and a great lhd.

I'd do that, but I doubt Buffalo would. That's an awful lot of combined potential at multiple positions to give up for a single player. It's also quite possible that Eichel turns out to be as impactful as McDavid.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I don't think I would do it. Maybe if they threw in another 1st on top.

To draw a parallel:

Would you rather have Eric Johnson, or Jordan Staal and Johnathon Toews?

John Tavares, or Matt Duchene and Victor Hedman?

Drafts are inherently uncertain. I'd take two stabs at a top pick rather than one all day.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
To draw a parallel:

Would you rather have Eric Johnson, or Jordan Staal and Johnathon Toews?

John Tavares, or Matt Duchene and Victor Hedman?

Drafts are inherently uncertain. I'd take two stabs at a top pick rather than one all day.

This is different. By all accounts he is going to be the next guy. While all the above are good players I would still stick McDavid.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the closer to this situation is Crosby's draft year

1st Crosby
2nd Ryan
3rd Jack Johnson

Would you trade Crosby for Bobby Ryan and Jack Johnson.. I wouldn't

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
This is different. By all accounts he is going to be the next guy. While all the above are good players I would still stick McDavid.

But it's not like Eichel is Ryan to McDavid's Crosby. He's more like Malkin to Ovechkin.

Realistically, the closest comparable is Malkin + Cam Barker to Ovi.

And yes, Barker busted.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
But it's not like Eichel is Ryan to McDavid's Crosby. He's more like Malkin to Ovechkin.

Realistically, the closest comparable is Malkin + Cam Barker to Ovi.

And yes, Barker busted.

I've seen different lists out and Eichel is all over the map from #2-#5. So, far from consensus #2. Will wait til the end of the year but I still say #2 + #3 is not enough. Need more if that trade is happening.

With all that said, I still would want the best player and that's McDavid. He will come in at 18 as well already being 193lbs as a 17 year old.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I've seen different lists out and Eichel is all over the map from #2-#5. So, far from consensus #2. Will wait til the end of the year but I still say #2 + #3 is not enough. Need more if that trade is happening.

With all that said, I still would want the best player and that's McDavid. He will come in at 18 as well already being 193lbs as a 17 year old.

Anyone who doesn't have Eichel #2 is either lying to someone else or themselves. Eichel is quite a rare talent himself and would be by FAR and away the consensus #1 in most any other year than next due to McDavid.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Anyone who doesn't have Eichel #2 is either lying to someone else or themselves. Eichel is quite a rare talent himself and would be by FAR and away the consensus #1 in most any other year than next due to McDavid.

Agree: add Hanifin (or one of the other players rated in the top 2-4) to him, and you could potentially have TWO franchise level players in future. It'd make me twitch a bit to give up McDavid, but I really don't think I'd turn down the #2 and #3 picks for the first pick.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Eichel, Hanifin, Trouba, Scheifele, Ehlers, Morrissey

Yes please.

Man this is some great daydreaming going on in here. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad