Prospect Info: Jets draft RW Dmitri Rashevsky - 5th Round, 146th overall

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don’t mind this pick, Jets really seem to be aiming for skill in this draft, regardless of position or country.

Reactions: kellhunter

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We want all the Dmitris! Talented kid. Heard he wasn't coming over last year. Wonder if that changed after he got traded from St. Petersburg to Moskva. If the Jets can get this kid in training camp this fall it would be interesting.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
[/QUOTE]
The draft dynasty video is from a year ago, but it left me so impressed, this guy is my new favorite dark horse of prospects. I see some Armia, I see some Pettersson. Just so very slick!

Hope he comes over and maybe adds about 15 lbs. Nice pick.

schmockeyknife

Apr 7, 2021
Is Mike Smith making picks again ? If we had any more picks I would expect a descendant of Sergei Bautin next
best i could do was find a descendant of evgeni davodov
gollum.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
According to Chevy: 1 year left on his current deal. Says he is willing and desires to move to to the NHL and is willing to play in the A. Supposedly very grateful on his Instagram for being drafted.

I really like the pick again I don’t say this about all the guys we draft either. Late bloomer with high end skill and IQ.

Reactions: GNP and kellhunter

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
I really like this pick for a late pick. Picked up a high skilled guy that has some decent potential. The Jets have done pretty good with overage picks so far. Looking like another good find. We’ll see I guess.

Reactions: kellhunter

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
looks a bit like hockey jesus out there....maybe a bit slower (than MP was at that age), but style and skills seem comparable

(did Chevy comment on his contract status?)

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
looks a bit like hockey jesus out there....maybe a bit slower (than MP was at that age), but style and skills seem comparable

(did Chevy comment on his contract status?)

As per a previous post - According to Chevy: 1 year left on his current deal. Says he is willing and desires to move to to the NHL and is willing to play in the A. Supposedly very grateful on his Instagram for being drafted.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
As per a previous post - According to Chevy: 1 year left on his current deal. Says he is willing and desires to move to to the NHL and is willing to play in the A. Supposedly very grateful on his Instagram for being drafted.
Thanks. I'll try harder next time. :)

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Rashevsky with 2 more goals, now up to 4G + 5A = 9 points in 5 games, good for 3rd in KHL scoring.

1st: good anticipation and a little burst to find space, nice hands in tight
2nd: sets up a tip that doesn't connect, then finishes a cross-ice pass with a wicked one-timer

He's got a lot of skill but I'm most impressed by his hands. Not only can he deke goalies and get pucks up from in close, he's got some subtle moves with the puck on his stick to open up shooting and passing lanes.

Here's a better look at his first KHL goal, on the powerplay -- notice the subtle feint he makes toward the point as he's coming off the half-wall, which draws the forward closer to the blueline and opens up a shooting lane.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Hard not to be getting excited for this guy. Just to bring down the excitement a bit I'll point out that he's shooting 36.4%. Then to stabilize it a bit I'll point out that he's doing what he's doing from the 2nd line with an average ice time of 14:02.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Hard not to be getting excited for this guy. Just to bring down the excitement a bit I'll point out that he's shooting 36.4%. Then to stabilize it a bit I'll point out that he's doing what he's doing from the 2nd line with an average ice time of 14:02.

Good to see they're breaking him in using the patented Nik Ehlers Load-Management System.

Next move: special assignment to the hole spot for PP1!

This is going to be a lot of fun to watch. It's been a while since we got to play counting stats bingo with some high-scoring Jets prospects -- and now we've got a bunch coming through at once. Exciting times to follow the Jets system across different leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad