Post-Game Talk: Jets do enough to lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
But Jets D problems are still not about size. And Stan has had a couple of pretty good games lately. I'll take good AND big evertday. But I think it is sometimes harder for the really big guys to also be skilled. Their size is a two sided coin. They have more strength, more reach and less agility and speed.

In the end, I don't care how big or small they are. I care about how effective they are. Net.
Mort - IMO, the Jets would like to have a some size on the blue line - and of course they are not looking for just size - they'd like some skill out there too.
Size is a plus attribute if you can get it without sacrificing too much skill.
Sometimes you just don't have the skill that everyone wants - sometimes having some size with less skill, is a plus. Not saying it's what they want - but it might be what they have.

I agree on the plus and minus with larger Dmen - they are not as agile and can be slower. But some of that is offset by what you added - reach, wingspan, and being heavy enough to take care of the physical side (if they are so inclined).
Our core is small (mostly) and they bring some skill (but nothing elite) - so they should be able to move the puck well, bring more agility, and be quicker. But if they can't handle the physical side needed to slow things down and separate pucks, the larger less skilled / speedy guy might come in handy.

So it's a blend - I don't think we have that blend - and I'm not saying Stan is the answer to all our problems - he's not there yet and may never be.
What I am saying is he is not the cause of all our issues either - but we continue to point at him as if he is (as if most of the rest of them are not).

Reactions: Orrrules

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's also interesting Stanley is not overly physial never has been, never will be. He is a finesse player in a big person body. The times that he has gone for a big hit he takes himself out of position but has made several nice break out passes.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's also interesting Stanley is not overly physial never has been, never will be. He is a finesse player in a big person body. The times that he has gone for a big hit he takes himself out of position but has made several nice break out passes.

Its why I am more a fan of Samberg. He is better in his end and can be mean. He also skates better and makes a good breakout pass. He does the role they want Stanley to do.

Reactions: Duke749 and GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Its why I am more a fan of Samberg. He is better in his end and can be mean. He also skates better and makes a good breakout pass. He does the role they want Stanley to do.
That’s fair but it’s not like he’s healthy right now is he? If so he should be called up and playing.

Last edited:

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Clearing the front of the net has more to do with what’s between the ears.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
You have to wonder what is said in the locker room during the first intermission... year after year

Does Wheeler just not know how to motivate? This is two coaches now - actually three - that can't get this 'core' (even though the core is almost gone) to show up for the second period...
I think Wheeler is a huge problem of the dressing room. I’m getting tired of the excuses and his attitude in his interviews

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
An NHL coach calling the D of an opposing team "soft in front of their own net" is basically the biggest insult for those d-men.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
An NHL coach calling the D of an opposing team "soft in front of their own net" is basically the biggest insult for those d-men.

Oh, I think it goes far beyond that. It's a slap in the face for Chevy and our scouting staff. It's saying, 10 years on the job and this is the best you can come up with?

shame-on.gif

Reactions: rkp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad