Post-Game Talk: Jets crowned lose 3-2

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
This is one of the worst sporting seasons for me in a while:
* no playoffs for Jets (shortest window ever!?)
* Everton will likely be relegated

If my USA go 0-3 in the World Cup later this year, that completes the hat trick of sports suckage.

Probably my fault. Used up all our good fortune on my teams. Braves and Dawgs. lol sorry guys.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Probably my fault. Used up all our good fortune on my teams. Braves and Dawgs. lol sorry guys.
When you are from Atlanta and you have a Sporting
year like this one you’re dam right you should scream it from the rooftop while you can.

Reactions: Duke749

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I just don’t see a massive change. I use the last to predict the future.

What do you honestly see happening?
Sorry, I can't see the future either, either honestly or dishonestly.

What I'm hoping for, however, is a complete change in all coaching staff and a new HC who will expect every player, regardless of contract, to prove their value to the team and be held accountable for repeated mistakes.

Reactions: rkp

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Sorry, I can't see the future either, either honestly or dishonestly.

What I'm hoping for, however, is a complete change in all coaching staff and a new HC who will expect every player, regardless of contract, to prove their value to the team and be held accountable for repeated mistakes.
I would love that as well

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Ehlers was on fire last night. So many beautiful set-ups that weren’t converted by his line mates. He brings so much to this team. No way we trade him.
Someone also posted that Josh Morrissey isn’t used properly. I totally agree with that. He has way more offensive potential than what he is usually allowed to show. He’s been doing it more lately and it’s great to see the old Josh back. Heinola in that same category obviously.
It’s hard to think about getting rid of Scheifele but I think we have to be honest with ourselves and admit that he’s not the same player that he was in this first few years, for whatever reason.
I would definitely take some younger players that are ready to start now in place of Scheifele and build around a core of Connor, Perfetti, Ehlers, Morrissey, Heinola, Hellebuyck, Dubois.
That’s a terrific core.
That's a fantastic core and we should be playing them the rest of the year as we want them to play next year. Lot's of PP and TOI in general. (Perfetti when/if he comes back this year). Anyone coasting, let them sit.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
You can see that Heinola has the tools to play in this league even a bit of a mean streak as Bunting found out, all that is lacking is game experience and the confidence that comes with it. I would like to see the Jets stop with the yoyoing and let him finish the season playing in all games left.
Yes, if we want him ready in the fall, give him tons of experience now. There is no sense at all NOT playing who we want to build around.

Reactions: bustamente

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I’ve been thinking the same thing about his passes. That was especially on display yesterday and he set up numerous players with great scoring chances.
The problem is that he was the only one that saw them coming. Several teammates were not ready because nobody could have expected those incredible set ups.
Perfetti had the same issue when he first arrived on the Jets. He was making plays that no one was ready for.

You have to think it would take one coaching session to say "Ehlers/Perfetti are going to make some incredible and fast plays.... keep your eyes open!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad