Kings News: Jets Claim Ellerby off Waivers

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Well, that sucks. I think Ellerby has potential and will be an NHL regular in the not too distant future.

No way the Kings will be trading Martinez or Muzzin at this point. There is no way they can know how much longer Mitchell and Regehr can hold up or play well enough to remain in the top 4, especially with Regehr.

The Kings are going to need both Muzzin and Martinez unless Dean makes a deal for another defenseman. Expect to see Muzzin paired with Doughty more and more as the season goes on, if it isn't almost permanent in Sutter's mind already, and that's not a bad thing.

STARTING TONIGHT ! :sarcasm: Nostradamus you ;)

Agree, I wish we could have held on to Ellerby, some will claim he was just another pylon plug, but they are wrong, he will develop into a decent #4 stay-@-home D-man type (think of a poor mans Scuderi) and he's further along IMO than the kids we have in the AHL / JR's ... non of Forbort, Gravel, Roach, Ebert or Deslauriers could step in and play at the NHL level just yet and be any better than Ellerby was.

Oh well, it is what it is, Good Luck on the Jets, Keaton.

Last edited:

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
If they keep Muzzin with DD then you don't need a stay at home D if one goes down. Just slot Amart with which ever is left on the bottom pair. That said RR/Greene pair vs any team with any speed/skill is frightening.

Hell DD is the Kings best defensive Dman anyway....

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I'm not too upset that they are going to pair Muzzin with Doughty (although I think martinez is more superior defensively over muzzin). Last year Muzzin was tops in the league in Corsi for defensemen, especially when paired with Doughty, so that says alot about how well they work together. I'm just bummed that Muzzin is a shoot first kind of guy, and I think Doughty will take an offensive hit to cover Muzzin like last year, which is a shame because I really wanted him to contend for the Norris this year. Not as if he was producing enough to be a contender right now, but compared to last season, .5 ppg is pretty good.

Not sure how I feel about Greene-WM, but I think Mitchell is mobile enough and has a good enough first pass out of the zone to make up for any of G's deficiencies, although they are both a bit slow to handle a chipped puck.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad