Post-Game Talk: Jets Caps 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
'Meh' period.

Nice to see them leading but that goal was pretty much the only positive thing from the skaters. Holtby was great again.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
4 shots on goal so far? Is that correct? Very, very low-octane offense so far this year. I assume it'll turn around at some point. Maybe even starting tonight, i hope.

In the meantime, at least we are playing strong D and still piling up wins. That's encouraging.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
4 shots on goal so far? Is that correct? Very, very low-octane offense so far this year. I assume it'll turn around at some point. Maybe even starting tonight, i hope.

In the meantime, at least we are playing strong D and still piling up wins. That's encouraging.

That's Holtby.

Capitals are propably leading the NHL in defensive zone giveaways. They had 4-5 on that period alone and few pretty bad ones. The numbers could be pretty ugly if you flipped the goalies. :laugh:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
That was probably the worst non-call on a trip I've ever seen.

I had the sound turned down, but it looked like a linesman visited Caps bench afterward to explain it to JDub. I'm assuming he thought JDub had just stepped on the guy's stick blade, as opposed to it getting caught in blade guard.

That's the only explanation i could come up with. Looked as if linesman was basically apologizing to JDub.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Niskanen turnover leads to Byfuglien hitting the post and then Capitals go on to score again, Oshie. :laugh:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Williams has been much better today. That's the difference in the top line right now.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I take it back. I love the lines.

Me too. I take it back too.

It was same way watching Cubs game. After 2nd Baez error, i was like, 'Why is this guy still in the game?'

And then he hits a dinger.

And then i started *****ing about the '60-year-catcher' who had to come in with Lester to start making errors and losing balls in dirt. And then HE hit a dinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad