GDT: Jets @ Canadiens • Preseason game #3 • 6:00 pm CT • TSN3 & CJOB

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Shouldn't hurt to give him a handful of NHL games to start the year though and then send him down to the A if he struggles.

OK. What about the 9 games though? Does he get that?

Maybe if he has a few more games like this one. I just don't get the fascination with putting raw kids into the league because they had a decent game against a largely b squad in preseason.

This isn't like Perfetti who dominated every level he played at before breaking in.

Reactions: NA Hockey and hn777

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Shouldn't hurt to give him a handful of NHL games to start the year though and then send him down to the A if he struggles.
OK. What about the 9 games though? Does he get that?
Too soon. One decent preseason game doesn’t elevate a 30th pick 18 year old that kind of look. Having said that, he’s earned more looks in the preseason.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Maybe if he has a few more games like this one. I just don't get the fascination with putting raw kids into the league because they had a decent game against a largely b squad in preseason.

This isn't like Perfetti who dominated every level he played at before breaking in.
It wouldn't hurt to give him a taste of the big show, in my opinion. He played in a men's league - if he can get a few games in the NHL to start, hopefully it can inspire him, and show him that he will get more if he trusts the Jets' plan instead of whatever plan he was on before.

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I really liked Lamberts game. There was one shift where he looked lost in his own end so if he can clean things like that up I think he is going to a heck of a steal. Tonight confirmed it for me that his development needs to be in the AHL and not the dub.

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Heinola just isn't looking good enough to stick so far. He shows flashes but then has a number of not great sequences.

Stanley isn't great but he's been much better then in game 1.
I say we cut them all a little slack and stop trying to call the roster before preseason is done.

It's a hoot though listening to some of the fan feedback on a player they simply don't like - there's really no other explanation when you consider the fact that they are all making tons of mistakes.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I say we cut them all a little slack and stop trying to call the roster before preseason is done.

It's a hoot though listening to some of the fan feedback on a player they simply don't like - there's really no other explanation when you consider the fact that they are all making tons of mistakes.

I'm a big fan of Heinola's. Just don't get why he has a lot of trouble playing the confident decisive game he plays in the AHL in the NHL as of yet.

Stanley improved over game one. Thought he was decent tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad