your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Fdxgso3XoAA9Vfi

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Last chance for some of these guys to show what they've got.

I think Lambert, Nikkanen, Polei, Malot, Maier, Capobianco, Lucius, Lundmark, and Holm are locks for first cut.

They may give Stenlund a longer look and Reichel since he has some nhl experience and I think they have a decision to make there.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Sounds like this is the defense tonight :laugh:

Samberg-Schmidt
Stanley-Heinola
Capobianco-Kovacevic

Reactions: Shaundogg

None

Feb 22, 2012
It’s pretty wise decision to ice this group.
We see who is up to the challenge.
I’m looking forward to seeing it.

I'm just not sure what to think of the Stanley-Heinola pairing. I just kind of assumed that all 3 of Samberg, Stanley, and Heinola would be split up because I thought they'd be fighting for the same spot.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm just not sure what to think of the Stanley-Heinola pairing. I just kind of assumed that all 3 of Samberg, Stanley, and Heinola would be split up because I thought they'd be fighting for the same spot.
In one respect it could be interesting to see which of the two will be more responsible and try to cover the gaffes of the other. In another respect it's fairly terrifying as I don't currently have a lot of faith in the defensive acumen of either player.

Reactions: Eyeseeing and Jet

None

Feb 22, 2012
In one respect it could be interesting to see which of the two will be more responsible and try to cover the gaffes of the other. In another respect it's fairly terrifying as I don't currently have a lot of faith in the defensive acumen of either player.

I think it's more likely that both players' bad habits are going to be exposed to the highest degree. I'll definitely be watching that pair closely to see if either of them can stand out in a positive way.

Stanley hasn't posted positive metrics with any partner playing their offhand side even with heavily sheltered minutes. Though I think Demelo is the only player who's actually pulled Stanley into the net positive range and Demelo is better suited not playing those sheltered minutes.

Reactions: buggs and surixon

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Sounds like this is the defense tonight :laugh:

Samberg-Schmidt
Stanley-Heinola
Capobianco-Kovacevic
Stanley-Heinola...not sure how that's going to pan out. Stanley got walked a lot the other night - I don't know if he's somehow lost a step or if Bowness is telling the D to stand up at the blue line to prevent zone entries and it's just something he can't do. Heinola's taken the instructions for the D to get involved in the offense to heart - but if there's no F covering and Stanley's the only guy back, it could spell big trouble. Stanley seems to fancy himself a bit of an offensive defenseman himself, so hopefully they're on the same page.

Reactions: Mathil8

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Harkins and Dubois showed some really nice chemistry last preseason, hopefully they can find that again.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Have they posted the lines somewhere?
I saw lines and it had them together, but I'm not sure if it was a guess or actual report, I'll try to find it again.

EDIT: here's what they were running at practice yesterday.

So based on that, no. But those lines don't entirely fit the roster for tonight so we'll see.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

They will be. I wouldn't be reading into lines and D pairs to much just yet. Once they cut down to 1 group tho

Ville playing the right side is a good thing. Exhibition so meaningless. Nows the time to see

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
They've had Heinola on the right side so he's probably competing with Schmidt and Pionk. He's been better than Pionk but I'm not sure that's enough as far as winning that spot goes.

Stanley-Heinola...not sure how that's going to pan out. Stanley got walked a lot the other night - I don't know if he's somehow lost a step or if Bowness is telling the D to stand up at the blue line to prevent zone entries and it's just something he can't do. Heinola's taken the instructions for the D to get involved in the offense to heart - but if there's no F covering and Stanley's the only guy back, it could spell big trouble. Stanley seems to fancy himself a bit of an offensive defenseman himself, so hopefully they're on the same page.
Stanley has had that issue since his OHL days. He's not agile enough so he either backs up all the way to the net or he gets walked.

Reactions: Gm0ney and JetsUK

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Hoping for

Saku Gus Gagner or Torgs Gus Gagner honestly. I think both have shots at roster spots Tho. Imo we have 2 forward openings 3rd and 4th line LW.

Its not like football tho where you cutting a star but Toni I think is being pushed hard. I believe this year he has a 2 way deal so maybe you send him down and risk it if you like your depth. I like Toni but I think Saku and Torgs probably bring more upside.

Harkins cap hit suggests 13th forward

Reactions: JetsUK

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
GJG! If any vets are in the lineup - cough cough Scheif cough - short shifts please. GJG!

Edit: Went back to review the lineup. No 55 tonight for those 55+ second shifts!

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets should do this... Vegas did it at practice today. Have your nhl roster vs your ahl roster in a scrimmage.

Like the idea, I've always wondered about Jets vs Moose charity game but with intensity. Moose roster probably would work hard

Reactions: ennsjd07

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad