Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! (Kane and Bogo - mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Thanks for the link. Interesting article.

If you'd asked me before the trade whether I would trade Bogo for Myers straight up, I would have jumped at that. I think that in a good system and with good coaching, Myers is going to be excellent. I also think that Maurice doesn't play an excessively risk-averse style, so he will encourage Myers to use his size and speed to make pro-active plays, rather than put the fear into him about mistakes. That was a positive for Bogo's development this year, and I think it will help Myers, too.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Thanks for the link. Interesting article.

If you'd asked me before the trade whether I would trade Bogo for Myers straight up, I would have jumped at that. I think that in a good system and with good coaching, Myers is going to be excellent. I also think that Maurice doesn't play an excessively risk-averse style, so he will encourage Myers to use his size and speed to make pro-active plays, rather than put the fear into him about mistakes. That was a positive for Bogo's development this year, and I think it will help Myers, too.

Yea the fact that he's playing within an actual D core will be hugely important. i also love how the writer uses the one example of when Myers got taken down by a forechecker as if its a regular thing for him, and a prime example of all of his glaring defensive errors. I sincerely doubt that this is true.

Lets keep in mind that for the last few years, Myers was the brightest spot on a blackhole of a Buffalo team. Not to worried about moving forward from this trade. I think we clearly won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad