GDT: Jets @ Bruins | Mon Jan 21| 12 Noon | TD Garden | Game 2 | "Zapping the Bear"

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 403*

Amazing GDT! I'm gonna be At work but cheering my ass off for the boys!

I think Olli and Kane establish good chemistry and bury some chances today. GO JETS!

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
The Sens game was such a dissapointment, Just please someone get the scoring going im tired of no offence and the clitsome postma pairing is scaring the **** out of me for todays game.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Amazing GDT! I'm gonna be At work but cheering my ass off for the boys!

I think Olli and Kane establish good chemistry and bury some chances today. GO JETS!

Thanks for the inspiration for the GDT! :nod: Love your avatar.

Agree - would love to see them get something going. I'd really like Noel to give Scheif a chance on the RW on that line. His nose for the net might help that line.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Zapping the bear is better than poking the bear but if we must poke em lets get them in the eye. Great GDT, were in tough but as they say... Thats why we play the game. Go Jets Go

videofarmer

thirsty
Sep 11, 2009
ATL
1 pm start time makes it hard for me to catch this one. I guess it'll be highlights and reading thru the completed GDT for me this time. I still had to get a comment in though. Go! Jets! Go!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Awesome GDT as usual YYGinYYZ.

Hopeing for the W, but just hope the Jets can improve on last game and start getting in synch.

Before Bogo comes back I think mgmt needs to take a serious look at Redmond. The guys played 2 pro seasons and put up 2 all-star awards. He's 24, so he's not some 18 or 19 year old that needs to be handled with kid gloves. If I was Redmond, I would wonder how many all-star seasons I would have to put up to get a shot, especially looking at the shape of the Jets D.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Fantastic GDT as always! :handclap:

We will be up! And we will be at them!

I have this one on record so I'll be watching it this evening. Which also means i'll be staying away from this place this afternoon. :(

Hope we bounce back here. Boston will give us a big run for our money, and I hope we're up for the physical challenge that guys like Lucic, Thornton, Campbell, Marchand, Paille, Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Boychuk, Ference, etc. will give us.

Chances are we roll the same line-up as we did Saturday (understandable), and I like Wellwood as a guy who can slide up and down the line-up and provide versatility, but for this one in order to move Scheifele up the depth chart, I'd personally do something like the following in order to get Mark icetime and insert Peluso. If Peluso can do as advertised and play the game, this is a game I am sure we could use his spark, energy and physical elements. Essentially everything he's been touted for.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Jokinen - Scheifele
Ponikarovsky - Burmistrov - Antropov
Thorburn - Slater - Peluso

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I like the lineup you have Guerzy, I hope they go with that as it would give them more insight on Schief and Peluso. And not to mention give our team the best chance to win.

kurpitsa

Jan 21, 2013
Helsinki
Fantastic GDT as always! :handclap:

We will be up! And we will be at them!

I have this one on record so I'll be watching it this evening. Which also means i'll be staying away from this place this afternoon. :(

Hope we bounce back here. Boston will give us a big run for our money, and I hope we're up for the physical challenge that guys like Lucic, Thornton, Campbell, Marchand, Paille, Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Boychuk, Ference, etc. will give us.

Chances are we roll the same line-up as we did Saturday (understandable), and I like Wellwood as a guy who can slide up and down the line-up and provide versatility, but for this one in order to move Scheifele up the depth chart, I'd personally do something like the following in order to get Mark icetime and insert Peluso. If Peluso can do as advertised and play the game, this is a game I am sure we could use his spark, energy and physical elements. Essentially everything he's been touted for.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Jokinen - Scheifele
Ponikarovsky - Burmistrov - Antropov
Thorburn - Slater - Peluso

Moving scheifele up to second line wont work and you are seriously removing wellwood from the lineup?

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
Awesome GDT as usual YYGinYYZ.

Hopeing for the W, but just hope the Jets can improve on last game and start getting in synch.

Before Bogo comes back I think mgmt needs to take a serious look at Redmond. The guys played 2 pro seasons and put up 2 all-star awards. He's 24, so he's not some 18 or 19 year old that needs to be handled with kid gloves. If I was Redmond, I would wonder how many all-star seasons I would have to put up to get a shot, especially looking at the shape of the Jets D.

completely agree - I'd like to see what Redmond can do too.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't get it, there's 22 other American teams, did you really need to make them play a Canadian team on an American holiday?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Moving scheifele up to second line wont work and you are seriously removing wellwood from the lineup?

Why won't it work? Nobody knows this until we try.

And yes, against a good sized and physical Boston team, I would consider removing Wellwood from the line-up. It gives Scheifele a spot, in which he played rather well Saturday in comparison to the rest of our forwards. And for reasons I stated, I'd insert Peluso.

kurpitsa

Jan 21, 2013
Helsinki
Why won't it work? Nobody knows this until we try.

And yes, against a good sized and physical Boston team, I would consider removing Wellwood from the line-up. It gives Scheifele a spot, in which he played rather well Saturday in comparison to the rest of our forwards. And for reasons I stated, I'd insert Peluso.

Well.. I wouldnt put scheifele on the second line against Bruins.. due to the fact that he isn´t good sized either. Maybe I would give him a chance against Islanders on next home game.
Although I do agree that Noel should give Peluso a chance.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Well.. I wouldnt put scheifele on the second line against Bruins.. due to the fact that he isn´t good sized either. Maybe I would give him a chance against Islanders on next home game.
Although I do agree that Noel should give Peluso a chance.

If that's the case then send the kid back now. I'd hate to see us shelter him to that extent. We can look out for him to a certain point, but we cannot baby him. To not play him in a certain role against the Bruins but to then allow him to play that role vs. the Islanders is silly, in my opinion. Either he can play in this league or he can't. Time is ticking to find out. If he is going to be here and take up ice-time, he needs to play against all and any teams, and he needs to play with decent players in my opinion, not Slater and Thorburn.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
I don't get it, there's 22 other American teams, did you really need to make them play a Canadian team on an American holiday?

In a perfect world, yes. I'm giving the NHL the benefit of the doubt on this one, having to put together a very busy schedule on short notice using mainly existing schedule dates. The Leafs were originally scheduled to play the Bruins this aft. Ironically, the Jets originally had 2 afternoon games on workdays in Canada (today and day after US thanksgiving). So actually the league probably doesn't give a rats' behind about the visitors fans. :laugh:

Jets played the Bruins tough last year. Jets jump out to 2-0 and 4-1 leads and hang on for dear life and a 4-3 win. Kane, Buff, Thor and Joker with the markers.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
If that's the case then send the kid back now. I'd hate to see us shelter him to that extent. We can look out for him to a certain point, but we cannot baby him. To not play him in a certain role against the Bruins but to then allow him to play that role vs. the Islanders is silly, in my opinion. Either he can play in this league or he can't. Time is ticking to find out. If he is going to be here and take up ice-time, he needs to play against all and any teams, and he needs to play with decent players in my opinion, not Slater and Thorburn.

Agree with this. Sink or swim time. Lets see how he handles a physical team.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
As a back handed turn of fate, my oldest boy has decided to wake up with a bad cough and a fever today.

So I have to leave work at lunch to go home and hang out with him.

So while he sleeps this afternoon, I may be able to turn the game on a bit.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Photoshop a moving Pizza into this picture, and it becomes hilarious. :laugh:

1297363429684_ORIGINAL.jpg

kurpitsa

Jan 21, 2013
Helsinki

Well I guess u have a point there. Personally I just want to see Wellwood on the second line today, but tbh think Scheifele played pretty well against sens. Let´s just see what Noel decides after few matches

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Well I guess u have a point there. Personally I just want to see Wellwood on the second line today, but tbh think Scheifele played pretty well against sens. Let´s just see what Noel decides after few matches

And I think you are likely right, I think we still see Wellwood on that 2nd line with Kane and Jokinen. That is a line in which Noel was set on so in all fairness they will likely get more than 1 game to form chemistry and see what they can do.

We'll see what happens. Hopefully we hear about the line-up soon and don't have to wait until game time.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I agree. Give Scheifele a real shot to show he is ready. That way there are no regrets, he either earns his way or back down he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad