Jets Board WJC Pool (Hero of Canton is your champion)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It was a bit of a dumb move to take him considering what he did last year. All my fault!

I would cut yourself some slack on this one Hammer. Jenner is in his second year in this tourney and he is having a big year in the OHL, one would have assumed he would have handled this big moment with more disipline as a veteran.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Canadian Airlines take C Lukas Sedlak.

Grzelcyk has been left off the USA roster, so Hank will be granted another pick in that spot, if he wants as it appears USA has only submitted 22 names and may be able to add Grzelcyk later.

Him and Hammer have to pick new D (Hank gets first pick). Hopefully one or both check in here before the first game is played.

Merry Xmas all!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Also, didn't notice this till just now, but Tobias Rieder on Hank's team I had listed on my draft board that I made, but scratched him off a week ago cause he is listed as out indefinitely with a bone fracture in his foot. Not sure if he will end up playing.

Yeah, Rieder was one of those 'buyer beware' picks that I probably shouldn't have bothered with. Sounds like he's questionable for the game vs. Canada tomorrow.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Got the update done. Hank, Sweech and Flying High end up tied after day 1.

Also, I am doing this by hand, so let me know if there's any mistakes!

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Interesting observation....the current points standings are very similar to the draft order!!! :help:

(Maybe when the USA and SUI score 8 goals, I can get a point next time?!?!?!) :cry:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Stats correction. Since G John Gibson did not finish the game yesterday he was not credited with the SO according to IIHF, so that's what we will go by. Sorry mzappa.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Stats correction. Since G John Gibson did not finish the game yesterday he was not credited with the SO according to IIHF, so that's what we will go by. Sorry mzappa.

Ouch. I wasn't sure what the IIHF rule was on sharing shutouts, but I went ahead and gave it to mzappa.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
This is totally unacceptable! I'm writing a letter to both the NHL and the IIHF.

They need to make this rule change immediately, and retroactively, so I can get my 2 pool points back.

This should take precedence over everything else, including the CBA and continuing the WJC tournament.

:nod:

Same thing, it doesn't count as an SO if the goalie does not play the whole game.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I updated the point totals. If Holden or Hank wants to update the standings that'd be awesome. I'm at work and I guess I should actually do work now. :D

For my players, I changed Artem Sergeev to Artyom Sergeyev. I guess that's the name he goes by. Just FYI, I'm not cheating. :P

Lux Aurumque*

Loving Scheifele so far. Been out of service area for a while. Nice to see my team putting up points. Finally got service at the DQ in Neepawa!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ok so I checked everything against the IIHF official stats, and there was some inconsistencies.

Morgan Reilly -1a
Marko Dano +1a
Rikard Rakell +1a
Rocco Grimaldi +1a
Vincent Trochek -1a

Also, Hero of Canton's points were not added up correctly.

The only thing I have not followed exactly with IIHF is Victor Rask's SO goal, which they count as a goal. Don't think we should count that as a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad