LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Sucks being a Capricorn. My b-day’s on Monday

going to the game too with my son .....

You're mistaken -
Capricorns rule :yo:

Happy Bday Mr Roni - enjoy the game - and as per one of my favorite music hero's -
Let's hope it's a good one

Reactions: jefferoni

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
I’m interested to know what Jets team we’ll see come out against the Blurs tomorrow night. They’re as formidable an opponent as they could have to play

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hi folks,
I'm in Winnipeg as of today to visit relatives for a week. Then back to Montreal. First time back in Winnipeg since 2012. I bought tickets to the Jets/Blues game for my myself my mother ( who never seen a NHL game )
The last time I seen the Jets and Blues play in the rink was in the early 90s when my dad was still alive.
Looking forward to seeing for the first time this supposedly loud Bell MTS center.
Cheers

Great story love it!!

BellMTS centre is not loud anymore. Still a fun venue to watch live hockey though so enjoy the game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Blues then the Blues. I don’t watch afternoon games on TV anymore but I might try to catch the game tomorrow night.

Blues have a 6 game win streak going so hopefully Hellebuyck can put an end to that. Our team has had three days to let that putrid excuse of an effort against the Habs eat at their souls. I expect a solid effort tomorrow night.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This is an important series. And a measuring stick for the Jets, against the Champs. If they don't get 2 points out of it, they could find themselves on the outside of the playoff race again. Friday night games are the best, hopefully there is a festive spirit in the crowd. I am amazed how quiet our crowds have become.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Hoping the boys get a little redemption in St. Lou tomorrow afternoon. It's a matinee game so that should bode well for us, right? Aren't we something like 6-0 in afternoon games this season?

EDIT: Can confirm...
Nov 10 1:00 PM vs Dallas 3-2 OTW
Nov 16 3:00 PM @ Tampa Bay 4-3 W
Nov 29 3:00 PM @ Anaheim 3-0 W
Dec 8 2:00 PM vs Anaheim 3-2 W
Dec 15 4:00 PM vs Philadelphia 7-3 W
Dec 21 1:00 PM @ Minnesota 6-0 W

Last edited:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
CLICK for Game Notes: Dec. 29 @ St. Louis Blues

The Winnipeg Jets begin a two-game road trip tomorrow in the back half of a home-and-home set with the St. Louis Blues…The Jets lost 5-4 in overtime to the Blues on Friday at Bell MTS Place…The second game of Winnipeg’s road trip goes on Tuesday against the Colorado Avalanche.

Western Rivals
The Jets are 6-3-2 against divisional opponents this season…The Jets are 14-7-2 against the Western Conference this season…The Jets are in the midst of playing five of six games against Western Conference teams…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring against the Western Conference with 25 points (11G, 14A) in 23 games.

Sunday Funday
The Jets are 4-2-0 in Sunday games at home this season…This is Winnipeg’s first road game on a Sunday since the opening weekend of the season when they lost 4-1 to the New York Islanders on Oct. 6…The Jets have fared better overall in weekend games this season with a 14-3-1 record in games on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Delightful Afternoons
The Jets are a perfect 6-0-0 in afternoon games this season, including 3-0-0 on the road… The six wins have tied a franchise record for most wins in afternoon games in a season, which was also done during the 2002-03 and 2016-17 seasons…Winnipeg plays 14 afternoon games this season, which is the most in a season in franchise history…The previous high was 11 during the 2013-14 and 2016-17 seasons…Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in scoring in day games this season with 11 points (2G, 9A) in six games, while Mark Scheifele has a team best five goals.

Power Play Run
The Jets have scored a power play goal in three consecutive games (3-for-10)…It’s the longest streak of scoring a power play goal since scoring on the power play in four consecutive games from Oct. 12-17…Winnipeg is 10th on the power play in the NHL in December by converting on 25.7% of their chances (9-for-35).

Turning the Calendar
The Jets have won 40 games in a calendar year for the third consecutive year and fourth time in the past five years…Winnipeg has also reached 90 points in a calendar year for the third consecutive year and fifth time since relocation.

Reactions: Jets 31

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Hoping the boys get a little redemption in St. Lou tomorrow afternoon. It's a matinee game so that should bode well for us, right? Aren't we something like 6-0 in afternoon games this season?

EDIT: Can confirm...
Nov 10 1:00 PM vs Dallas 3-2 OTW
Nov 16 3:00 PM @ Tampa Bay 4-3 W
Nov 29 3:00 PM @ Anaheim 3-0 W
Dec 8 2:00 PM vs Anaheim 3-2 W
Dec 15 4:00 PM vs Philadelphia 7-3 W
Dec 21 1:00 PM @ Minnesota 6-0 W

So, you're saying we're overdue for a matinee loss? :DD

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hellebunk usually does not play like garbage in back to back games.

Hopefully he only lets in 2 goals this time and gives the team a chance to win.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They dont have Chevy as gm.
Chevy made a great trade with Pionk which freed up cap space to sign Laine and Connor this past off season . Then when Chevy's number 1 defenseman went MIA he was able to get Sbisa for nothing which has helped our defense while basically having no cap space . Don't know what GM could have done a better job really .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad