Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Blue Jackets | Tues Nov 25, 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I hope they start Hutch in this one. Pav can work on his confidence and get the win against the Sabres.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Jets have a good chance of righting the ship and going 4-1 in next 5 games.

That is a very realistic result. It gets a bit more dicey later in December, but next 5 games should get us back on track. A 14-10-3 record, may not be a playoff record, though. But it will be close.

Wins, and points, are so hard to come by. Grab them while you can.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Bob E: 14-10-3 would be close - that would put them on a 94pt pace. I think it's a reasonable thing to hope for - they've played a tough schedule up to this point of the season - time to make some hay when the competition isn't quite so tough.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
Jets have a good chance of righting the ship and going 4-1 in next 5 games.

That is a very realistic result. It gets a bit more dicey later in December, but next 5 games should get us back on track. A 14-10-3 record, may not be a playoff record, though. But it will be close.

Wins, and points, are so hard to come by. Grab them while you can.

I think that would be realistic with proper personnel management. Problem is that I don't anticipate proper personnel management.

I'm expecting 2-3 over the next five with losses to the Avalanche and the Bruins, and a loss to one other of the remaining 3 teams (feeling an upset loss to Buffalo). My reasons:

- improper use of Pavelec
- continued dressing of thorburn
- little to no systems changes on special teams

Derfel*

It's time for a turn-around.

Pavelec starts against the BeeJees and gets a 0.967.

Thorburn gets an assist and a fight, but hits a post negating the GHH.

Scheifele stays on his skates for an entire shift, maybe two!

Kane shoots from the faceoff circle instead of the top of the circle (still misses the net).

Maurice drops the lozenge and gum and takes up smoking.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Kane shoots from the faceoff circle instead of the top of the circle (still misses the net).

And as usual is one of the most creative forwards on the ice.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Bob E: 14-10-3 would be close - that would put them on a 94pt pace. I think it's a reasonable thing to hope for - they've played a tough schedule up to this point of the season - time to make some hay when the competition isn't quite so tough.

May be good enough. Though, I think teams like Minnesota and San Jose will get more than 94 pts.

Long season still. But take the points when you should.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

:laugh:
Gotta be better than the concussion he gave himself banging his head against the glass. But I'm guessing a flask of tequilla is his answer, if we lose this one.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Over the next 3 games, call me crazy but I feel more confident of a win against Boston this time around (thinking Hutch will play against Boston his former team)

Boston don't look that formidable to me without Chara and Krejci

I think we'll win all three starting with Columbus but Hutch has to play at least one of them hopefully two.

I'd like to see Hutch vs CBJ, Pavs vs. Buff, and then Hutch vs. Bos. If this creates a goalie controversy then good it's about damn time.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007

Bee Gees?

Even those guys could score on Pavs. While wearing bellbottoms!

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Over the next 3 games, call me crazy but I feel more confident of a win against Boston this time around (thinking Hutch will play against Boston his former team)

Boston don't look that formidable to me without Chara and Krejci

I think we'll win all three starting with Columbus but Hutch has to play at least one of them hopefully two.

I'd like to see Hutch vs CBJ, Pavs vs. Buff, and then Hutch vs. Bos. If this creates a goalie controversy then good it's about damn time.

I'm thinking it we be the opposite. Hope I'm wrong.

fmax

Jun 11, 2011
Winnipeg
If Hutch plays a great game Maurice should ride him for a while instead of constantly riding Pav's!
Wait...that didn't sound right. :facepalm:

fmax

Jun 11, 2011
Winnipeg
When are they going to bring up someone from the ice caps.
Been a while.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Weird vibe for me because there is allot of pressure on the Jets this game. unfortunately We have stacked some winnable games together and I would have preferred them spaced out a bit more because most of them are big picture must type games win if we want to stay in the race,

"IF" we dump this first game to Columbus it could set up a really bad road trip....win and it was expected. Columbus was a better team than us last year that has been decimated by injuries early in this season. I have not checked to see if they are getting healthy yet.

I have a bad feeling about this 3 game stretch of the road trip for the usual reason and I hope I am wrong.

Common boys lets keep hope alive through the critical US thanksgiving weekend please.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Blue Jackets and Sabres should be easy wins, but at this point "any team can win on any given day" is plaguing my optimism.

I think we can beat the Jackets, we just need to show up for the whole game. And give Hutch another start.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Ok, is this Jets team different than Noel Jets? We'll get a good indication over the next 5 games. I think anything less than 8 points is a fail really. 7 at worst. We have to take advantage of every chance to get points that we can.

Go jets go!

RonJon

May 18, 2011
When are they going to bring up someone from the ice caps.
Been a while.

Roster's full. Can't bring up anyone without an injury or putting someone on wavers to make room. Now I'm sure we can come up with a list of the latter

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok, is this Jets team different than Noel Jets? We'll get a good indication over the next 5 games. I think anything less than 8 points is a fail really. 7 at worst. We have to take advantage of every chance to get points that we can.

Go jets go!

I'm kind of curious, if this team really is different from past years and we can hang tough in the West, or do we fade back to that 9-13 pick range that seems to be our destiny?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think that would be realistic with proper personnel management. Problem is that I don't anticipate proper personnel management.

I'm expecting 2-3 over the next five with losses to the Avalanche and the Bruins, and a loss to one other of the remaining 3 teams (feeling an upset loss to Buffalo). My reasons:

- improper use of Pavelec
- continued dressing of thorburn
- little to no systems changes on special teams

Yea I am not feeling it either....part of the ebb and flow of team sports but the reasons you give are sound especially the first part. Hope we are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad