Post-Game Talk: Jets bedeviled, lose in Jersey 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The Jets have lost all confidence.
The fans in turn have lost all confidence.
Even when we catch a break and NJ is stymied by hitting several posts it still isn't enough.
It would have been interesting if Stenlund's stick hadn't broken and he actually scored.
A timely goal from a bottom 6'er?
What a novel idea and just what we needed to gain any kind of mojo back.

My boy Perfetti missing the net by 10 feet from point blank range was basically a way to define this game in one moment. Pray for better results today

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
There was a poll done and about 5 of us predicted playoffs, the rest predicted epic fail... how can ppl who expected them to suck whine when they do suck? That's pretty hypocritical and quite honestly, makes some of you look like total clowns who shouldn't be taken seriously cuz u even whine when you yourself expected them to suck.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I agree it's not everyone - but most.
I wouldn't just pull PLD and KC out of the pile - and keep in mind, I'm not looking at one game to support the call out.

When we were playing well (really well), Scheif, PLD, KC were dominant - and they are not any more.
They were also playing a different game at that time - they are now looking a lot like LY - not all the time but it slips back into the game here and there - sometimes for several games in a row.

That's the difference - consistency and complete buy in - I don't see it as a style with this group - more of a place they go after losing a few and then they remember.

Our bottom 6 used to be pure energy - not any more (eyssimount / axle were a big part of that). They didn't score but they set the tempo - they added the energy every time they stepped on the ice. Who's doing that now?

Our top bunch were playing a complete game - scoring and battling. They finished their checks and were always dangerous offensively. You barely see a hit from this group now and they are back to having real trouble entering the ozone as a group - and they forgot how to dump and chase (none of that tonight - but tons of neutral zone turnovers and cross up's on the blue line - turnovers.

The systems Bones wants from the guys is fading fast - they are looking more and more like a team that feels they can get it done on talent alone - meanwhile, they get picked off all night as they try to complete that pretty play. Nothing net front, weak board battles, slow slow slow through the neutral zone, ringers around the boards on the way out of their zone (turnover), nothing on the forecheck, less of a back check, flybys, and so on.

It's interesting that they are at least moving out there - so they don't look like they are floating - but they are cheating and the D game (or complete game) is becoming a faint memory.

JoMo is the exception - and Cole is somehow playing well in the middle of this.

Hate harping on the Jets - but there is trouble brewing at the worst possible time - and I thinks it's fair to call it out when you consider how well this bunch can play when they play the right way - and it's mainly on our best players IMO.
I agree with every word. Thanks for not making me type all that :)

This team is completely unlike the team at the beginning of the year. I loved watching the Jets when the season started, but they are just apathetic now. Coasting, stick waving, no hits, no urgency.

We can trade for whoever we like and it’s not going to fix whatever ails this team. Same in years past. We have lots of talent, but they’ve stopped working hard.

Bones has to lay down the law and start healthy scratching players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad