Post-Game Talk: Jets beat the Mustard Kittens in OT 2-1

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country

So beautiful the Barron is gonna cry

1671162653615.gif

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Saros and his two friends almost stole that one.
But the best team won!
Thank goodness.
I would have been pissed right off if the Preds won that game, after being outshot nearly 2-1, and the Jets hitting 3 posts, the Jets dominated this game, and deserved this victory. All is right and just now in my mind, as the "right" team won.:nod:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Arguably one of their best game of the season. They hit like 5 posts/crossbars, the horseshoe was definitely up Saros' ass. Thoroughly deserved 2 points.

Scheifele was a complete monster tonight and gave me flashbacks to his play in the 17-18 Nashville series. That line as a whole really good.

Another impressive outing by the 3rd line.

Connor line OK. Would like to see Gagner shoot that puck where he tried to drop pass to Dubois. Still think Essymont is a better option here.

Another great game by Morrissey. PK absolutely clutch. Helle gave up a bad one to start the game but made up timely saves after that. This is why Helle should have the fans trust, even if he lets a bad one in, he usually makes up for it. Games like the one against Vegas are rare.

Really liked Samberg with Pionk in their limited minutes together.

Really glad Wheeler wasn't hurt, the Jets can afford to lose him to injury.

Hopefully Schmidt isn't out long term but if he is, this is your chance to run with the ball Ville, hope you're healthy.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
KC had to persuade that one to go in -
Fun game - all kinds of stuff going on in this one - nice to come out on top against a very hot goaltender.
Hoping Smitty is OK - that was a brutal position to be in when he took that hit.

Nice all around effort - and a above a beyond call out to Scheif who had a whale of a game without scoring a goal, PLD for being PLD, Lowry for stepping up for his buddy, and Connor for coming through when we needed it.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
4/5 Hammers tonight for the Globetrotter performance the Jets put on the Mustard Generals, out played the Kittens after the Lowry fight and if not for Saros would scored half a dozen, Helle whiffed on the first shot and then closed the door, Scheifele's play is dominating. PLD with a nice bounce back game, Joshua still playing like Norrissey. Injuries are starting to mount is the only downer tonight

mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Did the ice ever feel tilted in that game.

What an effort from the fellas tonight. Glad they secured the much deserved two points.

I really felt like when Mo hit the bar on the breakaway that it was going to be one of those nights. Needless to say, I will settle gladly for the KFC squeaky dagger.

11th time is a charm, baby.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
The Preds looked like the Jets from the last few years prior to this season.

- Outshot badly, check
- Badly losing the puck possession game, check
- Relying on top tier goaltending to sneak out wins, almost check (NSH didn't deserve a point tonight IMO)

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
super-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

As unperfect actors on the stage
Who with Jets fear is put besides their part,
Or some fierce thing replete with too much rage,
Whose strength's abundance weakens their own heart.
So I, for fear of trust, forget to say
The perfect ceremony of a late win fight,
And in mine own eyes our strength holds sway,
O'ercharged with burden of Preds lack of might.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad