Jets At The World Hockey Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the majority of guys who are expecting to play at the World Cup will forego the World Championships.

Probably right, but I'm not seeing the connection. The events are almost 4 months apart. I'm thinking it's just a convenient excuse for some of the vets to skip the WHC. After a long season, travelling to Russia just when you're getting into off season mode wouldn't sound like too much fun.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Moose still have two games left this weekend. Assume he'll make a decision after that.

Motte was named to the team and Rockford has qualified for the AHL playoffs. So that 's not necessarily the reason.They have named two goaltenders to the team. There will be one more. Perhaps after the first rd they add a bigger name.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Motte was named to the team and Rockford has qualified for the AHL playoffs. So that 's not necessarily the reason.They have named two goaltenders to the team. There will be one more. Perhaps after the first rd they add a bigger name.

Unless he turned them down not inviting the only reason they won a bronze medal seems rather idiotic (I realize who i'm talking about though haha).

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Likely he's ready to take a rest, having already committed to the World Cup of Hockey. How many guys are doing both World Championships and World Cup?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
US goalies who could be available.

Bishop
Howard
Murray
Montoya
Gibson
Crawford
Quick

Status