Post-Game Talk: Jets at Rangers - November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Don't even think about changing the Hayes line right now... half the reason why grabner is here is to be the burner next to Hayes. Hayes and miller have good chemistry too.
If you want to move people around it's switching up the stepan line, I'd consider doing a shut down line of Nash-stepan-fast. Play them against the other teams top line every night.
That leaves us with
Kreider-zibanejad-buchnevich
Vesey-pirri-zucc.

You seem lost, but I will guide you back. :)
Why on earth do u want a 4th line player like Grabner on the Hayes line?

Vesey - Stepan - Nash = snail line no speed.

Zuci has speed on the 1st line with Stepan & Nash
Kreider has speed 2nd line with Zib & Buch
Miller has speed 3rd line with Hayes & Vesey
Grabner has speed on 4th line with Pirri & Fast.

Why adjust lines now? Because the last two games was not smooth at all, we struggled for quite some time.
AV will change the lines eventually for sure, because he is like that for years now if you know the history of this coach.
AV seldom adjust lines unless his team is behind in goals, but I rather have the speed on all 4 lines with AV system and tactic, or get a new coach. :)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Telling a guy he's lost for wanting Grabner to stick with Hayes? Lol

Grabner Hayes Miller has been one of the most productive lines in the league if not the most productive line the past 2 3 weeks.

The Stepan line was just as hot prior to this weekend.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
`sigh, I don`t understand how you guys see this Grabner as a hockey god - he is a borderline 4th line player with the Islanders team.
He was moved end of last season.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He's playing great who cares what he did in the past.

Team will have some much deserved rest this week. Only game until the weekend is against an awful Canucks team. I guess there's travel but it shouldn't be too bad.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
`sigh, I don`t understand how you guys see this Grabner as a hockey god - he is a borderline 4th line player with the Islanders team.

Actually he was moved to Toronto before the start of last season. I also missed the part where Islander upper management roster decisions were the golden standard in this league.

He's been a key component on the hottest line in the league. Until that statement isn't true anymore, it would be foolish to consider moving him.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Team will have some much deserved rest this week. Only game until the weekend is against an awful Canucks team.

Hayes & Miller is the main pieces on that line for sure.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Actually he was moved to Toronto before the start of last season. I also missed the part where Islander upper management roster decisions were the golden standard in this league.

He's been a key component on the hottest line in the league. Until that statement isn't true anymore, it would be foolish to consider moving him.

It`s because of Miller`s breakthrough season, and Hayes playing like Hayes when he was here in the first season. Yeah sure Grabner provide the line with speed, but his skillset is very limited, and he is 29 @Geoff Gordon. In your view he is a very old player just like Zuci and Nash.
But fine use the talented Vesey on the 4th line instead of Grabner, and Buch back on the Zib line, and Zuci with Stepan & Nash.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It`s because of Miller`s breakthrough season, and Hayes playing like Hayes when he was here in the first season. Yeah sure Grabner provide the line with speed, but his skillset is very limited, and he is 29 @Geoff Gordon. In your view he is a very old player just like Zuci and Nash.

The hell are you talking about? :laugh:

I don't have any problem with Nash and his play so far. Zuccarello should be a great fit on his line too in theory but reality hasn't played out the same way. If anyone should be bumped down, its him.

Grabner's speed is a big reason why that line works. Hes as responsible for the success of that line as much as Hayes or Miller.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ok but what's the actual reason for breaking up that line?

My reason is to get speed on basically all 4 lines - Miller provide enough speed on the third line in my opinion. So it would be great to experiment Vesey on that line in couple of games since the team has struggled recently.
I know the team is tired, but that is not the only reason.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Grabner swatted the puck out of the air two games ago and scored on his own. He also set up I think it was Hayes with an empty net.

It's just not true that he's riding their coat tails. He's playing very well on his own.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
haveandare;124183587[B said:
]Grabner swatted the puck out of the air two games ago and scored on his own.[/B] He also set up I think it was Hayes with an empty net.

It's just not true that he's riding their coat tails. He's playing very well on his own.

Yup, did the same exact thing before setting up Stepan for his shorty.

Grabner has been fantastic.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The hell are you talking about? :laugh:

I don't have any problem with Nash and his play so far. Zuccarello should be a great fit on his line too in theory but reality hasn't played out the same way. If anyone should be bumped down, its him.

Grabner's speed is a big reason why that line works. Hes as responsible for the success of that line as much as Hayes or Miller.

Ok, but you underrate Zuccarello all the time and ignore most of experts comments from MSG like Dave Maloney to mention a few who think Zuci has been great so far this season and should never be considered as a 4th line role.

My point is Grabner is beyond the talented golden age with his 29 years - if we can get Vesey to develop there with his age 23 and his talent - it`s better use of a player on an offensive line. And 4th line is suppose to be the grinding line with good pkèrs like Grabner, and Pirri is a good center who provide offense as well.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Grabner is no hockey god, he is just being used to best effect.
The critical challenge for hockey coaches is to place players where they can have the most impact.
Grabner is doing similar to what he's always done, but now on a line that right now is really complimenting his skill set.
He had 30+ and 20+ goal seasons for Isles.
He's not a great goal scorer, but he is not Gene Carr either.
And the less crowded ice of the PK has always been an opportunity for his skating

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Didnt watch the game. What happened with Buch at the end?

Also, how did Clendening play?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Team will have some much deserved rest this week. Only game until the weekend is against an awful Canucks team. I guess there's travel but it shouldn't be too bad.

Watch us get shut out and lose to them. They are an absolute dumpster fire right now.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well, AV will change eventually - just need some losses.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Why are we changing lines when we've scored 25 goals in our last 5 games?

How bout we see how the team looks after a day off. 3 in 4 is always tough. Just put up 5 on Rask in Boston another 5 the next night and toook foot off the gas is all.

They'll win tues then get 3 full rest days. Vesey could use it he's never played more than 30 something games in his life.

Don't touch the forwards

That's a bingo! This team is gassed, let's give them a few days rest and see if they look better/keep winning before we make changes.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

He's playing well with Hayes and Miller. No one says he's a hockey God. Wait at least until he stops playing well to move him. No reason for responses like the last two. There are people that have opinions that are not yours, doesn't mean they're lost. You want to destroy all of the lines of a team scoring like they haven't scored in 40 years.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
a lot of NHL coaches here...:popcorn:

Grabner was always a god player and when u see the short season 2013 (16 Goals in 45 Games) more than 20 in 82 Games, so he has 2x 20+ Goal Seasons and the "dream" season 2011 (34 Goals)..
Olympic tournament as a top Goals Scorer was outstanding and more than he is, thats true ,but s it was...

Now he found his Scoring touch why you wil split that line now? make no sense..:amazed:

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
LMAO having a tough guy in your lineup absolutely *DOES NOT* deter the opposition making a clean hit. Buff's hit was clean - he's 265 lbs. and has almost 80 lbs. more than Buchnevich does.

People are gonna bang regardless. AV and the Rangers will make the opposition suffer by smoking them out of the building or just plain losing on the scoreboard - that's real retribution.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So do you guys think that the team was utterly pissed about losing a winnable game against Carolina? I feel like they've been on a mission ever since. Or was that just coincidence.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007

And Stralman was released from a PTO by the Devils right before he signed with us...

Grabner obviously won't be that good, but just because a player did not perform in the past or another team made a stupid decision, doesn't make his contribution any less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad