Post-Game Talk: Jets at Rangers - November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I' a little concerned about our play last 2 games... I expect a bounce back to moving legs and not getting hemmed. It's a little worrying though
As am I. Too much time pinned down in their own zone. Not nearly enough forecheck. The fact that it was the 5th game in 8 nights and back end of a back to back can be a mitigating factor, but still. Seeing various things creep back into their play.

Also, they are giving up too many odd man rushes and breakaways. Could just that they need to regroup after a lot of games.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Re the comment on Zucc's stick, it was pretty funny. I talked with someone that knows him very well/teammate for Norway. He claimed Zucc only used such a long stick so that he can cheat in practices. Every time they like go line to line, board to board or something like that, Zucc can stop 6+ feets before the line by holding out his max length stick. Said it had been driving the coach of Norway nuts, but Zucc had stood firm claiming it was the stick that mattered. Said that Zucc had claimed that he had to get some benefit from playing with such a long stick, since it was heavier to carry around, it would be "unfair" if he had to skate as far as everyone else since he carried a heavier stick. He also said that Zucc was the biggest cheater alive, its like he has a principle to never complete one drill without cheating in some way.

This guy had asked Zucc if he always cheats in drills in NA too. Zucc had told him that once on the farm team two goons had skated up to him and told him to complete the drills the same way as everyone else, and then he had done it because he didn't want to mess with them. One of the goons had two black eyes and the other had a broken nose. But never otherwise. Haha pretty funny. I doubt everything (anything?) is true, but kind of give a bit of an insight to what a character Zucc is. Probably 99% on a positive side, but also I can understand if he annoys people too at times... This younger Norwegian player had a lot of respect of him at least.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think you primarily rotate Girardi and Staal. I want Skjei getting as much ice time and experience as possible.

Agree. And Kleiner already had his rest....... He needs to first get IN FORM, and then a rest when needed.

Again, Clendening should NOT BE sitting out 2 weeks straight, what the hell do we have him for then?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Don't even think about changing the Hayes line right now... half the reason why grabner is here is to be the burner next to Hayes. Hayes and miller have good chemistry too.
If you want to move people around it's switching up the stepan line, I'd consider doing a shut down line of Nash-stepan-fast. Play them against the other teams top line every night.
That leaves us with
Kreider-zibanejad-buchnevich
Vesey-pirri-zucc.

I wouldn't change anything but that's probably the best thing that I've heard thus far. Only thing is if that did happen, using Nash Stepan and Fast as the shutdown line, if Nasher doesn't score for a little while, people would be getting on him, not a good thing...... He needs to score.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Let's reward the best line the last week by moving Hayes between Pirri and Fast, Miller with Stepan and Nash, and Grabner with someone else too, makes perfect sense. They're playing too well and have too much going for them to keep them together.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
One thing that I didn't like was how Byfuglien was targeting Buch. We were lucky that he wasn't injured. We have no one capable of challenging him when he's running around like that.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
55 goals scored in 13 games. Meanwhile, Vancouver dead last with 20 in 12...

200.gif

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Why are we changing lines when we've scored 25 goals in our last 5 games?

How bout we see how the team looks after a day off. 3 in 4 is always tough. Just put up 5 on Rask in Boston another 5 the next night and toook foot off the gas is all.

They'll win tues then get 3 full rest days. Vesey could use it he's never played more than 30 something games in his life.

Don't touch the forwards

I don't get it either. People just love to mess with things even when they are working. Vesey is gonna have rough games he is a rookie. I am not changing a single thing it would be foolish to. The team is playing fine they just played a ton of games and won em. Leave things alone. People so quick to throw Grabner down to the fourth line too when that line has been money. I mean I don't get it.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
One thing that I didn't like was how Byfuglien was targeting Buch. We were lucky that he wasn't injured. We have no one capable of challenging him when he's running around like that.

Nothing you can do. Byfuglien is a tough d man. The hit on him was clean. AV doesn't have a use for a guy like a McIlrath so basically you just have to hope guys like Kreider and Miller throw the body as well.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

does any tough guy ever stop your guys from being hit? they can get you retribution but I 100% disagree with the notion that having a tough guy in the lineup, even one who can play (Lucic) stops your players from getting smashed.

The hits on Buch were clean...he needs to keep his head up, and gain some weight. it's fine.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
does any tough guy ever stop your guys from being hit? they can get you retribution but I 100% disagree with the notion that having a tough guy in the lineup, even one who can play (Lucic) stops your players from getting smashed.

The hits on Buch were clean...he needs to keep his head up, and gain some weight. it's fine.

Absolutely agree with here Inferno.

Buffs hit on Buch was clean.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Absolutely agree with here Inferno.

Buffs hit on Buch was clean.

Was clean unfortunately when someone weighs 100 pounds more than you that's what happens most of the time. Just glad buch is ok and he got the last laugh with a beauty

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I think you primarily rotate Girardi and Staal. I want Skjei getting as much ice time and experience as possible.

I think you rotate all of them (except McDonagh ofc), Skjei sitting for 1 game per month won't hurt him, it's more likely to help him get through the tough schedule. We have one #1 D-man then we have 6 ~3rd pairing guys, just rotate them to keep everyone fresh and don't ever have anyone sit 2 weeks in the pressbox again this season.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Skjei needs to play. The guys that need the most rest are Girardi, Klein, and Staal...the guys with the most miles on their bodies.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Read in main boards that Rangers are #1 in PDO.

What is PDO and is being ranked #1 a good thing?

They were ranked 1st in that last year around this time as well and tailed off.

Speed and depth will help them this time around. Young and fresh legs will do that for you.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Who to rest really doesn't matter too much imo, point is that we shouldn't have a D-man sitting for 1+ week in the pressbox this season, there is no reason to do that.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
They were ranked 1st in that last year around this time as well and tailed off.

Speed and depth will help them this time around. Young and fresh legs will do that for you.

yeah except last year it really felt like a mirage. i posted a thread when we were like 8-1 or something saying i felt like this whole thing was going to collapse because of how unbeliavably lucky we were as a team. and how henrik was really the only reason we were winning.

the PDO last year was mostly Henrik...when his game became more superstar and less god-like, the team crashed hard.

this year doesnt feel like that at all...in fact you could say the rangers have kinda been unlucky because so many chances they are creating are not going in. How many empty nets have they missed? at least 4 off the top of my head.

you could make a strong argument the rangers should be undefeated right now...and its not been luck or just goaltending at all.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
yeah except last year it really felt like a mirage. i posted a thread when we were like 8-1 or something saying i felt like this whole thing was going to collapse because of how unbeliavably lucky we were as a team. and how henrik was really the only reason we were winning.

the PDO last year was mostly Henrik...when his game became more superstar and less god-like, the team crashed hard.

this year doesnt feel like that at all...in fact you could say the rangers have kinda been unlucky because so many chances they are creating are not going in. How many empty nets have they missed? at least 4 off the top of my head.

you could make a strong argument the rangers should be undefeated right now...and its not been luck or just goaltending at all.

Exactly, your thread last year was warranted. That team's success at the time was incredibly unsustainable. This year is a lot different. They will obviously come back down to Earth, but they can still win a lot of games. This is a much better team overall.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
yeah i dont think this is a #1 offensive team the way they are right now..but i wouldnt be at all surprised if we finished top 3...nor would i be upset if we finished top 5. thats a strong offense to put in front of Henrik Lundqvist.

just get me someone who can play with Ryan McDonagh (without obliterating our offensive depth) and i'll shut up and be happy.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The only guy that needs to be rotated is Girardi.

Staal is 29 years old he's healthy he doesn't need extra nights off. Looks very good

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad