Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I absolutely would love Babcock here, but Tallon won't because it would be extremely disrespectful to Gallant

Me too honestly. I think he would absolutely help our youngster reach their potential faster, and maybe reach a higher ceiling. he would help this team so much and it'd be nice to have a coach that just wins in Florida

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This isn't Toronto, Florida can't spend that much on a coach. And aside from taking too long to change up the powerplay and inexplicably rolling 4 lines when the Panthers 4th line is awful, GG has been good.

FlaPantherSwe*

Doesn't count against our salary cap and I'm not paying his salary so I don't care what he makes

Other coaches who won't want to come here because we disrespected the one we had

Well you could say we want to go another direction its a buissness after all

FlaPantherSwe*

This isn't Toronto, Florida can't spend that much on a coach. And aside from taking too long to change up the powerplay and inexplicably rolling 4 lines when the Panthers 4th line is awful, GG has been good.

If bolland can get 5,5 then so can babs.. he would be our greatest investment

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
It was either 24 or 26. Think it was the former though. The Islanders guys put it up last game talking about how it was a rare occasion :laugh:

i acually looked into this a few weeks ago. :laugh:

Oct
1. A, Panthers (L)
2. A, Devils (L)
3. H, Sens (L)
4. A, Panthers (W)
5. A, Caps (L)
6. A, Panthers (OTW)
7. A, Panthers (OTL)
8. H, Arizona (W)

Nov
9. H, Panthers (W)
10. A, Panthers (OTL)
11. A, Philly (L)
12. H, Panthers (L)
13. H, Panthers (W)
14. H, Panthers (OTW)
15. A, Panthers (W)
16. A, LA (L)
17. A, Panthers (OTW)
18. A, Nashville (OTL)
19. H, Panthers (L)
20. H, Ottawa (W)
21. H, Minnesota (W)

Dec
22. A, Columbus (L)
23. A, Detroit (W)
24. H, Columbus (OTL)
25. H Panthers (W)
26. A, Blues (L)
27. A, Red Wings (OTW)
28. A, Buffalo (OTL)
29. H, Panthers (OTW)
30. A, Panthers OTW)
31. A, Pens (L)
32. H, Pens (OTW)
33. H, Toronto (W)
34. H, Habs (OTL)
35. H, New York (L)

Jan
36. A, Panthers (W)
37. A, Caps (L)
38. A, Vancouver (W)
39. A, Flames (W)
40. A, Panthers (W)
41. A, Jets (L)
42. H, Avs (L)
43. H, Oilers (OTL)
44. H, Vancouver (L)
45. H, Detroit (L)
46. H, Columbus (W)
47. A, Devils (L)

Feb
48. A, Panthers (L)
49. A, Islanders (W)
50. H, Panthers (W)
51. H, Panthers (OTL)
52. H, Panthers (W)
53. A, Wild (L)
54. A, Stars (L)
55. H, Bues (OTL)
56. A, Maple Leafs (W)
57. A, Montreal (SOW)
58. A, Panthers (L)
59. A, Penguins (L)
60. A, Blackhawks (OTL)
61. H, Blackhawks (L)
62. H, Buffalo (W)

March
63. H, Panthers (W)
64. H, Panthers (L)
65. H, Dallas (OTL)
66. H, Panthers (W)

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Doesn't count against our salary cap and I'm not paying his salary so I don't care what he makes

Other coaches who won't want to come here because we disrespected the one we had

Bingo.

Edit: It just reflects very poorly on your organization to do something like that. And the Panthers already have a pretty poor reputation around the league, why add to that?

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Bingo.

Edit: It just reflects very poorly on your organization to do something like that. And the Panthers already have a pretty poor reputation around the league, why add to that?

So is what the Chicago Cubs did, disrespectful?

I would hire Babcock in a minute and pack Gallant's bags for him.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So if we tried (but failed) to get rid of Bolland then the contract is no longer that bad? Makes sense. :help:

I figured when you said it was the worst contract in the league you meant it was the worst contract in the league. What you apparently meant is that it's the worst contract signed last year. Should add more clarification next time.

Haha great post. And actually I think Orpiks contract is worse.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Most important thing for me tonight, another flat and deflated 1st period against a team that destroyed us will be very telling. With 4 days off, the guys better have the pedal to the floor and come out strong with speed and physicality.

Perrault, Little and Buff are out. Ekblad is back in. I'd feel a lot better with LU in net but Ellis has been decent so far. I was listening to "JETS LUNCH radio" today and the main guy had Billy on. I agree with everything he said about how "we didn't capitalize on our chances to catch/overtake Boston" and not relying on the easy "we've had a lot of injuries".

Billy also talked about the 96 team beating Jagr and the CHARACTER of that team was unreal. He also added Thornton "has been a real positive vibe in the room for the young guys". I really like Billy and wish they would reverse his and Potivn's role. Give the 1st intermission to Potvin and the "in-between bench" gig.

I'm excited for this game, hoping and praying for a stellar 1st period. NEED 2 pts and a TBL win in regulation. Welcome back #5. :cheers:, I'm rocking Jameson whiskey tonight!

Good post, except no, Billy was a disaster as the color guy. Listening to him constantly stutter was painful. He's better as the second analyst. Sorry, but I like drunk Uncle Denis.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
So if we tried (but failed) to get rid of Bolland then the contract is no longer that bad? Makes sense. :help:

I figured when you said it was the worst contract in the league you meant it was the worst contract in the league. What you apparently meant is that it's the worst contract signed last year. Should add more clarification next time.

The Panthers willingly went into this knowing he was at best a third liner and also that he is injury prone. LA went into the Richards contract knowing that he was, at the time, one of the best penalty killers around and a 60+ point player. And at least LA recognizes the fact that his cap hit is nowhere near his level of play and tried to do something about it. The Panthers are trotting Bolland out there like he's still worth it. As RampageNate said, you are comparing apples and kumquats here.

Also, what I mean is that it is arguably the worst contract in the NHL. $5.5M for an injury-prone third liner who is now on the fourth line. His "intangibles" do not even come close to making up the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad