Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Panthers 3/12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Not the worst.

Not far from it.

I actually don't mind him on the 4th that's where his play belongs. Let's hope he adds some thing these last 15 games this where they say he shines. We need all hands on deck.

When I say far from it I'm insinuating that I don't think one could make a reasonable argument that it is the worst. But, I understand that may be an exaggeration.

Furthermore, I think Bolland is your prototypical 3rd line center and that he doesn't belong on the 4th line at all. He's playing at a respectable 36 point pace over a full season. For comparison, MacKenzie, a true 4th line center is playing at an 11 point pace. 36 points from a 4th liner is a bit outlandish. I'd also contend that I'd rather him than Trocheck for the time being as their production is nearly identical and Bolland is far superior in most other aspects including defensively.

Bolland as a player on the 4th line is fine. Paying a player five-and-a-half million dollars to play on the 4th line is insane.

Is it more or less insane than paying a player 5.75 million dollars to play in the AHL as the Stanley Cup Champions are currently doing?

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Jets fan here, popping into say good luck down the stretch (other than this game :) )

Would love to see you guys get in and a team like Boston miss out.

What do you mean "a team like Boston?" Boston IS the team we're chasing and there's only one Boston.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
When I say far from it I'm insinuating that I don't think one could make a reasonable argument that it is the worst. But, I understand that may be an exaggeration.

Furthermore, I think Bolland is your prototypical 3rd line center and that he doesn't belong on the 4th line at all. He's playing at a respectable 36 point pace over a full season. For comparison, MacKenzie, a true 4th line center is playing at an 11 point pace. 36 points from a 4th liner is a bit outlandish. I'd also contend that I'd rather him than Trocheck for the time being as their production is nearly identical and Bolland is far superior in most other aspects including defensively.

Is it more or less insane than paying a player 5.75 million dollars to play in the AHL as the Stanley Cup Champions are currently doing?

When bolland ACTUALLY gets 30 pts let me know.

That body will never play 82 games. Those legs can't move north south. The man has 3 goals. Period. You can't make the playoffs with a 3rd line center who can't skate and has 3 goals.

Clearly coach agrees. And coach rolls lines equally anyway so...

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
There's no reason why the former Calder winner can't be this team's leading scorer by the end as he's 2 points away from overtaking Bjugstad. He's a year younger and is obviously a more skilled player than Bjugstad. Barkov is on another level of skill than Bjugstad and has one more year as an RFA. His point total could sky rocket according to the optimists around here. Surely those points along with Mr. 5.5 won't get brought up during negotiations.

This is most likely true.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Florida has only scored first in like 24 of 66 games. Imagine if they started games when the puck dropped.
c1f05243e3f1653bea4ca445f8995ff213b6d3eaa6cca09ff81a7cc53827ac83.jpg

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Except Richards isn't a newly signed free agent and they tried to get rid of him.

So if we tried (but failed) to get rid of Bolland then the contract is no longer that bad? Makes sense. :help:

I figured when you said it was the worst contract in the league you meant it was the worst contract in the league. What you apparently meant is that it's the worst contract signed last year. Should add more clarification next time.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
This game really is huge. If we lose and Boston wins against Tampa it's pretty much done We'd be eight out with 15 left.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I wanna say let's hope Pavelec starts but then I think it's quite possible he plays like Patrick Roy against us for one game.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Can we have one good first period? Especially considering what the Jets did to us earlier this year.

Florida has only scored first in like 24 of 66 games. Imagine if they started games when the puck dropped.

Most important thing for me tonight, another flat and deflated 1st period against a team that destroyed us will be very telling. With 4 days off, the guys better have the pedal to the floor and come out strong with speed and physicality.

Perrault, Little and Buff are out. Ekblad is back in. I'd feel a lot better with LU in net but Ellis has been decent so far. I was listening to "JETS LUNCH radio" today and the main guy had Billy on. I agree with everything he said about how "we didn't capitalize on our chances to catch/overtake Boston" and not relying on the easy "we've had a lot of injuries".

Billy also talked about the 96 team beating Jagr and the CHARACTER of that team was unreal. He also added Thornton "has been a real positive vibe in the room for the young guys". I really like Billy and wish they would reverse his and Potivn's role. Give the 1st intermission to Potvin and the "in-between bench" gig.

I'm excited for this game, hoping and praying for a stellar 1st period. NEED 2 pts and a TBL win in regulation. Welcome back #5. :cheers:, I'm rocking Jameson whiskey tonight!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Slow starts are on players and the coaches quite honestly.

having said that, serious question for everyone.

I'm not knocking on Gallant, nor am I as big on him as some are, Mike Babcock. it's known Toronto will come after him hard, how many here would, given the choice, join on that race?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Most important thing for me tonight, another flat and deflated 1st period against a team that destroyed us will be very telling. With 4 days off, the guys better have the pedal to the floor and come out strong with speed and physicality.

Perrault, Little and Buff are out. Ekblad is back in. I'd feel a lot better with LU in net but Ellis has been decent so far. I was listening to "JETS LUNCH radio" today and the main guy had Billy on. I agree with everything he said about how "we didn't capitalize on our chances to catch/overtake Boston" and not relying on the easy "we've had a lot of injuries".

Billy also talked about the 96 team beating Jagr and the CHARACTER of that team was unreal. He also added Thornton "has been a real positive vibe in the room for the young guys". I really like Billy and wish they would reverse his and Potivn's role. Give the 1st intermission to Potvin and the "in-between bench" gig.

I'm excited for this game, hoping and praying for a stellar 1st period. NEED 2 pts and a TBL win in regulation. Welcome back #5. :cheers:, I'm rocking Jameson whiskey tonight!

I loved the '96 Panthers team like everyone else on here, but that was back when players got away with murder. The game began to evolve in the late 90's into what we see today. The '96 Pens-Panthers series result will never happen again. The better team, a team with a ton of skill and a ton of will always prevails over a team with some skill and a ton of will. Think about the last few Stanley Cup Championship teams. They each have the most dominant balance of skill and will.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It was either 24 or 26. Think it was the former though. The Islanders guys put it up last game talking about how it was a rare occasion :laugh:

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Slow starts are on players and the coaches quite honestly.

having said that, serious question for everyone.

I'm not knocking on Gallant, nor am I as big on him as some are, Mike Babcock. it's known Toronto will come after him hard, how many here would, given the choice, join on that race?

I absolutely would love Babcock here, but Tallon won't because it would be extremely disrespectful to Gallant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad