Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Sucks 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Do you hold yourself to the same standard in every area of your life?
In my own personal life, no not at all.

If I was a NHL hockey player whose team finishes in the top 6 of the regular season - I think I would. You don’t get many legit shots at a cup in what is normally a short career. Need to grab it when it is actually within reach.

Your personal life has infinite paths and a new option presents itself all the time if you have the courage and conviction to take it. Or the balls to let it pass by if it seems too good to be true. A NHL contender has one objective when the playoffs start. I don’t think that goal changes as the playoffs progress. I would think anything less that hoisting that cup was a failure.

Most of my comment was me just wanting to quote the legendary Ricky Bobby.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: DRW204 and MardyBum

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
1710639835391.jpeg

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Do you hold yourself to the same standard in every area of your life?
I thought about this question because you're a solid poster.

I make wildlife documentaries - if the networks doesn't like what I make at the end and it doesn't sell, then I have failed. So I'd say if the fans see the playoff run where you have busted your ass and just lost or had a decent run, thats not failure - either bad luck or context.

Like I can't compete with BBC... but they have $4million and 4 years to make a wildlife doc and I have 400k and 1 year... kind of like Jets vs Vegas/Tampa haha

But this thought that just 'trying' or 'making the playoffs' constitutes success... well the only posters saying that are guys that have had forever jobs and pensions. or work for the government.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I make wildlife documentaries - if the networks doesn't like what I make at the end and it doesn't sell, then I have failed. So I'd say if the fans see the playoff run where you have busted your ass and just lost or had a decent run, thats not failure - either bad luck or context.

Like I can't compete with BBC... but they have $4million and 4 years to make a wildlife doc and I have 400k and 1 year... kind of like Jets vs Vegas/Tampa haha

But this thought that just 'trying' or 'making the playoffs' constitutes success... well the only posters saying that are guys that have had forever jobs and pensions. or work for the government.

Here my ass is hoping you are Les Stroud. Just pretend from now on :laugh:.

In all seriousness that's cool as hell. The only things I regret from cutting cable are HD sports and all the nature/wildlife documentaries you didn't know existed otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: SLAYER and Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Yeah, I know what it feels like to not be able to compete with BBC

Oh, wait.... you meant something else....

But your point... I don't think anyone in the org has said that they're satisfied with just making the playoffs, although they do celebrate that fact when it happens - 16 teams don't make the playoffs, after all

If ypu make a solid wildlife doc, it's something to be proud of even if it's not picked up or widely distributed. That's the beauty of art, which is a little different than what we're talking about here

And thanks for calling me a "solid poster". I appreciate the compliment

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba

Username sure fits their profession!

Well chosen

Reactions: Dirtbag151

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yeah, I know what it feels like to not be able to compete with BBC

Oh, wait.... you meant something else....

But your point... I don't think anyone in the org has said that they're satisfied with just making the playoffs, although they do celebrate that fact when it happens - 16 teams don't make the playoffs, after all

If ypu make a solid wildlife doc, it's something to be proud of even if it's not picked up or widely distributed. That's the beauty of art, which is a little different than what we're talking about here

And thanks for calling me a "solid poster". I appreciate the compliment
All I can say is that this post made me lament the days we could post boobie pics hahaha

Im proud of my work - but if it doesn't sell I still failed I need to fix that for the next time - right now Im a Canadian team distributor - I've made 3 that have sold and 2 that are almost selling hahaha - if we call that Canadian market success, then hey Im down

But also real world is not NHL... and if I ended up in the press box, I would definitely not collect my 6 million and then have everyone talk about what a 'great guy' I am. So no one in the big leagues is failing and that's maybe the problem.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I find this place is starting to go a bit over the top and seems unable to enjoy a very surprisingly successful season. Last summer most of the talk was about a total rebuild and countless posts along the lines of "gee I would just be so happy if we had a bunch of prospects who just played hard even if we lost every night". Now 80% of the way through a season we are 5th in the league in points %, 1st in our division and 2nd in the conference in points %. While Chevy has done a wonderful job keeping this team together and adding to it, we aren't some dynasty in the making that should be seen as a failure if we don't bring home the cup. We are one of about 8-10 teams that have a shot if all goes right over 2 months and 4 series. We are a little fortunate to be a surprising dark horse in a year where no team has clearly shown themselves to rise above the others. I'm just looking forward to be in the mix and see if this is one of those once in a lifetime years for most sports fans when against the odds it all comes together. IMO the journey has been kind of fun so far, and hoping but not expecting it lasts until mid June.

I don't get comparisons to early last off-season. Whatever was felt before, it all changed with the extensions of Scheifele and Hellebuyck.

Reactions: snowkiddin

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
NICE WIN!!! GO JETS GO

Get healthy VILLARDI, Jets need you in the playoff...
Him Monahan and Toffoli plus Lowry, Nemestikov are greasy goal scorers...

Reactions: Jets 31

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
For those that were upset Chevy never got Elias Lindholm ... oh boy did the Jets dodge a bullet there.
I watched the Canucks tonight and seriously I don't recall hearing his name so I checked the game stats to see if he played.
For the amount the Canucks gave up to get him ... he only played 13:54 mins in a loss.
Lindholm totals after 19 games ... 4 Goals and only 7 Points with -5 on a team that has a Goal Differential of +54
Aren't you glad Chevy is the GM and not this forum.:D

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Seriously @MardyBum do have to pollute everything around here with your childish bullshit?

Getting butt-hurt over emojis on the internet in 2024. Might want to take a break from here, because it ain't that serious. You're the poster calling that thread out for allegedly "pissing and moaning" over a pretty basic question, yet here you are in every thread....crying about a small, circular, laughing face. Really.

You know there's trouble when @KingBogo starts calling out other posters for not being true fans...
An emoji has ruined their forum experience imagine that. Poster has turned into some grand poobah or wannabe moderator on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad