Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Devils 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Arniel gets a bad reputation for failing in Columbus. Let's be honest, how many coaches have actually succeeded there? Torts and to a less extent Hitchcock, so well established top coaches and noone else. It's an org that hasn't had much success and has been a mess. Look at Vincent this year, he's had to bench a number of key players to try to get the culture fixed.

Arniel also suffered horrible puck luck his last year there where his goalies were worst in the league and his team didn't have the skill to outscore that performance.

I have also liked what I've seen from him in his spells taking over from Bones. I think he runs a better bench and has proven over his career as an assistant he can run a good PK. The big things I'm not sure about are what systems would he run if he had the final say instead of Bones? Would he run something similar or different. We will likely find out by next season.

Maybe sooner.

IDK how long Bones will extend this leave before deciding that he owes the org a decision.

Also have very little idea of his wife's actual problem but they are at an age where there are few minor medical issues and one seems to lead to another. I think that either the problem turns out to have been relatively minor or he decides to retire.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maybe sooner.

IDK how long Bones will extend this leave before deciding that he owes the org a decision.

Also have very little idea of his wife's actual problem but they are at an age where there are few minor medical issues and one seems to lead to another. I think that either the problem turns out to have been relatively minor or he decides to retire.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards him not coming back myself. He was close to retiring before he took the job to begin with. Add in COVID and his wife's condition and I think he just calls it, especially if Arniel keeps having success running the ship.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'd have to agree that he's been better than average.

One of the more frustrating things about Chevy (and my biggest complaint) was he was a very reactive GM and wasn't very proactive. I think he's gotten better at that the past couple of seasons. It's hard trying to find the right balance, and each season Chevy has been doing well at finding it.

Obviously room for improvement, but way better than in the earlier seasons.
Id imagine as his reputation has grown around the league is opened the door to better deals through trust

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I Said it after the Dallas loss where we pushed back in the 3rd and I’ll say it tonight after a win. This team is the most fun team to watch since back in 17-18. They play hard as a group and don’t quit coming at you. I know it’s old school but I love it when players stand up for each other at the right time. f*** the rental goon shit, its always been about team toughness.

Yes Jersey was missing their top 2 centers who are both great but it’s really about how we played the game yet again tonight.

When everyone is stepping up for everyone else, you know the team is close in the room. Ehlers standing up for Names. Seeing the guys come in for Scheif too. And I remember in one of the earlier games this year Scheif literally jumped in for Perfetti.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He still doesn't look as agile or straight line fast as he did before the injury. I think it might be permanent but looks like he's adapting and his smarts should help him compensate.

It might be a blessing in disguise as he'll need to use his linemates more

Everyone wanted a piece of him. That's how you can be a true pest. Don't be dirty, and have skill to do more than just be a shit disturber.

Quietly one of the better things Chevy did this offseason.

Cheveldayoff isn't perfect but anyone who thinks he's not one of the top gms in the league is not paying attention.

Beady eyed little bitch. I've never liked him
This made me laugh out loud and i was trying to think who he reminded me of, found it .:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Guardian17 and Jet

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Agreed. There really needs to be a effort to revitalize it from the city and province.
They keep trying but putting up all these fancy new buildings is just putting lipstick on a pig. The SHED unfortunately looks very much like, well like a shed. The city and province need to get tough on crime but they need help federally with that. Could also start by just levelling Portage Place and starting over. There are too many places near MTS Place where the wrong element can and do congregate and they need to be shown the door. Like Sip said people don't want to hear that.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Cypruss

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
They keep trying but putting up all these fancy new buildings is just putting lipstick on a pig. The SHED unfortunately looks very much like, well like a shed. The city and province need to get tough on crime but they need help federally with that. Could also start by just levelling Portage Place and starting over. There are too many places near MTS Place where the wrong element can and do congregate and they need to be shown the door. Like Sip said people don't want to hear that.
Careful, speaking truth can get your comments removed and thread banned.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ice time distribution is different under Arniel then Bones this year.

Second line averaging 2 minutes more a game under Arniel
Third line averaging about half a minute more
Top line down about half a minute
Fourth line down a lot under Arniel

I'd say the top line still needs to come down about another minute and a half as they will run out of gas playing more then 20 a game. We have the depth to take some of that burden off them.

You could then run as follows:

Top line 18.5 a game
Third 16.5
Second 16
Fourth the remainder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4