Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Blues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I know his flaws ... I don't like it either. I wish Connor would finish his checks.
I'm just saying his defensive play gets over blown. Connor has the last 3 game winning goals but his defensive play always keeps coming up.
Scheifele is the #1 center and Connor is the #1 goal scorer on the Jets ... any coach would keep them together. Show me one team that does not play their #1 center and top goal scorer on the same line.
Ehlers with Monahan is starting to score now too ... so why do people want to switch Ehlers with Connor it makes so sense when both lines are scoring.

You are putting way too much weight on those 3 GWG. 2 of them were in OT. Why did we get to OT with Ari and Chi in the first place? One team that came in riding 11 straight loses and the other the worst team in the league. It was defensive lapses. Without our outstanding goaltending we would have lost both games in regulation. Connor was part of the defensive lapses. He redeemed himself in the OT, both times.

His defensive play will never stop coming up if it never gets better. It doesn't get overblown.

Switching Ehlers with Connor makes perfect sense. KC and Scheifele have always been weak defensively together. We have 7 years of history of that. KC has scored better away from Scheifele. Ehlers, Scheifele, Vilardi were outstanding together when Connor was out.

Reactions: hn777 and Bigfish

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You are putting way too much weight on those 3 GWG. 2 of them were in OT. Why did we get to OT with Ari and Chi in the first place? One team that came in riding 11 straight loses and the other the worst team in the league. It was defensive lapses. Without our outstanding goaltending we would have lost both games in regulation. Connor was part of the defensive lapses. He redeemed himself in the OT, both times.

His defensive play will never stop coming up if it never gets better. It doesn't get overblown.

Switching Ehlers with Connor makes perfect sense. KC and Scheifele have always been weak defensively together. We have 7 years of history of that. KC has scored better away from Scheifele. Ehlers, Scheifele, Vilardi were outstanding together when Connor was out.
Hope you didn't get too twisted up discounting game winning goals.

Connor is tied for the league lead in gwg with 8 this year.

He's also the 8th fastest IN HISTORY getting to 50 gwg's

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hope you didn't get too twisted up discounting game winning goals.

Connor is tied for the league lead in gwg with 8 this year.

He's also the 8th fastest IN HISTORY getting to 50 gwg's

GWG are nice, but they are just goals like any other goal. They are often just coincidental. Team gets up 2-0, gives up a goal late in the game after the other team pulls their goalie. 2nd GF ends up being game winner. Keeping track of who scores the 1st G in a game might actually be more significant.

Reactions: hn777 and Jack7222

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
GWG are nice, but they are just goals like any other goal. They are often just coincidental. Team gets up 2-0, gives up a goal late in the game after the other team pulls their goalie. 2nd GF ends up being game winner. Keeping track of who scores the 1st G in a game might actually be more significant.
I could not disagree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad