Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Avs 2

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I find it just fine.
I don't mind a difference of opinion.
What I find out of line are people attacking others and telling them not to comment a certain way.

Honestly I come here for variety of opinion

The two exceptions where I have historically exercised my ignore option are:

Player first fans that aren’t Jets fans (most have moved on now)…..and I am also not a huge fan of posters who only show up after losses.

Being naturally negative but occasionally positive (90/10 ratio) is part of any online ecosystem and perfectly fine by me.

@sipowicz is the poster boy for my favorite , lovable, cranky uncle type poster. The negative sarcastic whitt is gold (Wheezer never got old)

Look what the coach does, not says.

He has to try and keep Stan pumped up, either for a trade or injury backup.

Still, he's healthied a lot. That speaks volumes.

I get the feeling he'll be moved soon. He seems to still have value, teams are starting to want to improve their d and we're going to have to make some tough decisions especially when heinola returns.

I'd suggest he's being played so he can be traded.

If Bowness loved him so much he be dressed for every game he's eligible.

Great posts Jet and and it makes allot of sense.

Last edited:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
To be completely honest, my post was more a reflection of me and my issues than that poster. I grew up in a house where nothing was ever good enough... get a 98% on a test? Why wasn't it 100%?

There just seems to be an underlying pessimism and negativity around some people that regardless of how the Jets play or the outcome of the game, there's a always a "yeah, but....". These are the same posters that got the pitchforks out after that 3rd loss in a row. It's like they're just waiting for a reason to shit on the team.

Why not just enjoy the games, win or lose? Outshoot or outshot? Lots of shots on 2 on1s or no shots? It's all good. We have an NHL team to cheer for.

I watched the same game as everyone else and saw the same blips and issues that we all did... but when I come post in the PGT, it's all positive. Even when we lose.

I used to think this way as well. But as I've progressed career wise and at home, I look at it not as being negative all the time. It's more of a continuous improvement mindset. Always fixing the biggest problem first, then when that's done, it's on to the next one.

There is a way to communicate it well so others recieve it better as well, haha. Maybe that piece is missing in what you're talking about.

A mix of appreciating what we do have and always striving for better is the balance I picture in my head.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Look what the coach does, not says.

He has to try and keep Stan pumped up, either for a trade or injury backup.

Still, he's healthied a lot. That speaks volumes.

I get the feeling he'll be moved soon. He seems to still have value, teams are starting to want to improve their d and we're going to have to make some tough decisions especially when heinola returns.

I'd suggest he's being played so he can be traded.

If Bowness loved him so much he be dressed for every game he's eligible.

Well said. I agree that they are trying to pump him up to deal him. My guess is they have tried for a bit and now that there is interest they are showcasing him.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Agreed it is looking more and more like they are showcasing Stanley in the runup of Heinola's return. My guess is Chisholm looked good enough in his few games that he has moved past Stanley on the team's depth chart, so Stanley will be the odd man out with Villie's return.
It's either that or Stan is the guy to move since he is getting the attention of other GM's - and thus being showcased.
But there is no doubt that someone had to be the odd man out and it's good that one of them is peaking the interest of other teams.

Reactions: Jet and surixon

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The Dude is in LA right now, how’s the weather in Winnipeg 😁
tumblr_feb804784690ce0948ba75572ba58cba_f66dc510_400.gif

I'll check my phone.

Last edited:

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I used to feel the same way as you, and you're probably right that the second line could use some help, but as much as those the players like to carry the puck I feel they are very unselfish when it comes to distributing the puck. They're all guys who can shoot and pass equally well, such must be extremely hard to defend as you can't just smother the shooter.

Yeah I can see both sides here... 2nd line needs some help, they're slow and it feels like a bit of a waste. Perfetti is good but he's young and needs to be put in positions to succeed, not going to drive a line on his own, and Vilardi is still getting up to speed.

OTOH it's hard to imagine current top line not scoring loads and loads of goals. Zero chemistry issues from what I've seen. Ehlers just always makes lines better, Connor is playing decent in the Dzone, and Scheif is playing the whole ice too. I don't think any of those three really have any problem taking a backseat on any particular play, either. Hard to break up atm.

Might do like someone suggested and try Barron on 2nd line to inject a bit of speed and size

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Two completely different players with completely different strengths and weaknesses. I don't see the need to call one "better" than the other. Both are elite at what they bring and in a lot of ways compliment each other
^This!
Both are ours and both are very good players. We shouldn't be turning this into a competition between them.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Brian La Rose and Bruce Garrioch have made rumblings the last few days. Grain on salt of course.
Yeah, I mean Shohei Ohtani was supposed to be in Toronto last night to announce his Blue Jays contract and that didn't QUITE turn out to be true

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yeah I can see both sides here... 2nd line needs some help, they're slow and it feels like a bit of a waste. Perfetti is good but he's young and needs to be put in positions to succeed, not going to drive a line on his own, and Vilardi is still getting up to speed.

OTOH it's hard to imagine current top line not scoring loads and loads of goals. Zero chemistry issues from what I've seen. Ehlers just always makes lines better, Connor is playing decent in the Dzone, and Scheif is playing the whole ice too. I don't think any of those three really have any problem taking a backseat on any particular play, either. Hard to break up atm.

Might do like someone suggested and try Barron on 2nd line to inject a bit of speed and size
I'd very much like to see Barron on that 2nd line. He has speed, which it needs and also a good size, and has pretty decent scoring hands. I'd like to see him moved up, and see what he can do. When Namestikov returns I wouldn't be as worried, as he'll give that 2nd line the speed it needs, and he's a great playmaker. Right now I'd put Barron on the 2nd. So far Villardi looks a little slow to me, will have to watch him a bit more, but he seems like a big bodied banger type of player.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hmmh - just revisiting the PLD trade, and I see he has 11 points in 23 games played for the Kings. He has only 5 goals, as well, and playing on the 3rd line. Looks like he's on pace for a 50 point season. Man, did the Jets dodge a $ 8.5 million dollar bullet. Very likely, just 1 of the 3 guys the Jets got back from LA will equal PLD's total production. Starting to look like a real deadbeat. Best things the Jets did was getting rid of Wheeler, and PLD, and their play shows it.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
There is no way Tree should have been on the ice with Mac. Best player against worst D isn’t a formula for success.
It's inevitable that DeMelo or Tree would be on the ice with Mac. Mac makes everyone look dumb if he has speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad