Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Sabres 2

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
There will never be proper context for that gif… but who cares!
Look up Colin Raff gifs...

Finding context becomes difficult. :)

Although this one reminds me of the TSN CFL panel:

tumblr_mc5oullhjl1rf089no1_1280.gif

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
They have been hit and miss from the games I've seen. Some games they look amazing, others not so much. I guess that should be expected with a young team. They should be good at attacking though as they are loaded with skill upfront and on the back end. But yes gotending had been an issue for a couple of years now.

They played well tonight but we didn't have our usual energy levels I thought.
Have to agree I watch quite a few Sabres game I like to listen to Rob Ray for some reason. This is how they play they have some incredible young talent which they've locked up but their goaltending sucks. Put Helle on that team and they make the playoffs easy

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I feel that if the plan was to play Tree in one of these games and Schmidt in the other they should have swapped the games. Buffalo is an incredibly fast and skilled team. They have attributes and play a game that Tree struggles against. Arizona is less skilled and not as fast. We should have gone with the more mobile dmen tonight.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I feel that if the plan was to play Tree in one of these games and Schmidt in the other they should have swapped the games. Buffalo is an incredibly fast and skilled team. They have attributes and play a game that Tree struggles against. Arizona is less skilled and not as fast. We should have gone with the more mobile dmen tonight.
Like Chisholm?

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
It's always great to get 2 points, never being behind, to lead off a back-to-back scenario. It's never bad to identify your teams own leaks, especially earlier on in the season.

I've been thoroughly impressed that the Jets - compared to recent history dating back to pre-Covid or so - don't seem to have a very hard time breaking through the opposition's blue line. Even when the power play wasn't looking very good not too long ago, they were still able to penetrate consistently. There have been extended stretches each year, where plays were never materializing. This year is refreshing by contrast.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
It was interesting to see Stantree try to throw bodychecks and miss badly. He is obviously slower than Schmidt but I would like to see him play a few in a row before judging.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Stayed awake for the entire game, but fell asleep while tabulating the Prediction Contest results. The Jets won and...

forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

I give the game three bygone Winnipeg restaurants out of five...

dlipnowski_shanghai20.jpg
simons_deli016.jpg
big-boy-winnipeg-archival.JPG

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Coyotes has been posted, and guess what...

giphy.gif

For the second game in a row, we have a trifecta! Way to go @nobody imp0rtant, you are racking up those points! I'll be posting the GDT shortly before falling asleep again. See you all tomorrow night...

giphy.gif

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Seems like I missed a high event, pucker your butthole kinda game. I took Mrs.Aggie to Cha-Cha lessons so I can go to the game tomorrow. It’s was fun and I look like a fool doing it.
IMG_5382.gif

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

I really like Arniels poise, and his candid thoughtful responses rather than throwing players under the bus. Not that it's a stab at Rick, I love his intensity and passion its well suited for us, but Arniel seems to have the mind of a tactician and with the way we're playing currently, albeit not tonight, he certainly seems fit to take the reins when Bowness decides to step aside (hopefully that's retirement of his choice!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad