Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Sabres 2

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Have to agree I watch quite a few Sabres game I like to listen to Rob Ray for some reason. This is how they play they have some incredible young talent which they've locked up but their goaltending sucks. Put Helle on that team and they make the playoffs easy

At the end of the day, goaltending made the difference there, right? Not just Hellebuyck with his numerous big saves, but with the GWG being a complete muffin from the blue line.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
There was no one there but 3 out of 5 John McLeans

1700315782350.gif
1700315782350.gif
1700315782350.gif

Onwards and Upwards!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
When you’re pitting Comrie versus Hellebuyck, the Jets deserved to win and the results back that up. I see no reason to cut out the goaltending and focus only on the skaters when talking about which team deserved what.
The goalie is a player on your hockey team.
On your hockey team.
On your haw key team.
Yes the goalie is a player on your hockey team; he's a player that you meet, as your walking down the street; he's a player that you meet each day.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I was lucky enough to see him work, and unlucky enough to be that old

The goalie is a player on your hockey team.
On your hockey team.
On your haw key team.
Yes the goalie is a player on your hockey team; he's a player that you meet, as your walking down the street; he's a player that you meet each day.

yes yes yes yes yes.

Just as I think goaltending lost us a few games this year, it's going to win us a bunch too.

The fact that we are where we are and we can only say we goalied the other team once is a really really positive development.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I really like Arniels poise, and his candid thoughtful responses rather than throwing players under the bus. Not that it's a stab at Rick, I love his intensity and passion its well suited for us, but Arniel seems to have the mind of a tactician and with the way we're playing currently, albeit not tonight, he certainly seems fit to take the reins when Bowness decides to step aside (hopefully that's retirement of his choice!)

I didn’t love the idea of this when he was hired but I am warming up to it. Scott is a quality individual and I have liked the way the team plays under his guidance up to this point. The main challenge I have had with the idea is I can’t imagine TNSE firing Scott. We ran into this problem with Paul. Those quality individuals are tough to cute loose for Mark and his org.

I take it as a good sign that I am in no rush to see Rick back behind the bench. I hope Rick and his wife are doing ok.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It is always nice to win a game when you really didn’t deserve it. It saws off those times when you feel like you were screwed over. Anyways not sad that Comrie isn’t a Jet.

Had a party for my son’s hockey team at activate then Pizza after. Really fun night but missed this game.

Happy to see the 2nd line produce and Cole continue his upward trajectory.

I know I get really frustrated on nights when we get goalied. I have decided to try to generate the equal and opposite level of feels when we do the same onto others. Cleaning up the goalie savior balance sheet from early in this season.

Taking 20 of our team members to the Jets game tonight but I can‘t attend because I coach my sons game at the same time. I expect the Jets to bounce back tonight and I am hoping Bro can get of the Schnide.

GJG

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Had a party for my son’s hockey team at activate then Pizza after. Really fun night but missed this game.

Happy to see the 2nd line produce and Cole continue his upward trajectory.

I know I get really frustrated on nights when we get goalied. I have decided to try to generate the equal and opposite level of feels when we do the same onto others. Cleaning up the goalie savior balance sheet from early in this season.

Taking 20 of our team members to the Jets game tonight but I can‘t attend because I coach my sons game at the same time. I expect the Jets to bounce back tonight and I am hoping Bro can get of the Schnide.

GJG
Busy man!

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
That was a very exciting game! Buffalo is a young, inexperienced but exciting team. They "give er" as we say around Lockport. The Jets are a little older, a little more experienced but also exciting. I definitely like what I see in the Jets this year.

Some observations (my opinion) on individual players....that might have been the wrong game to insert Stanley into. He looked really, really slow and his reach was unable to make up for it. I think that Iafallo, while a solid player, is playing at least one level above his pay grade and (Fabio) Jonsson-Fjallby is no Kupari.

Bring on the Desert Dawgs!

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I missed the game because it was blacked out since it was in NHLNetwork. Good to hear we got the win in a bit of a let down game and glad Helly was good enough to get the DUB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad